People are wait-listed/rejected/accepted - I have no response! HELP!

DukeBlueDevil

Hi 

So I am seeing people reporting in their results from the programs I applied to. Some are wait-listed, some are accepted or rejected. 

I didn't get any notifications and when I check the application pages they all say "Application: Submitted" but NOTHING ELSE! 

How am I supposed to find out? Is no news good news??

Please somebody who knows about these stuff, help me!

Seems like a silly question... but are you sure those universities' app deadlines have passed for this year, and it's not last year you're seeing? I mean, one of the schools I applied to has their deadline in two days. It's unusual, but maybe they're still accepting applications this late. Also, have you checked your spam folder in your emails?

I've only heard back from 1 of the 4 schools I applied to, and that one was like a kneejerk rejection just a couple days after deadline, so you're not alone.

Edited by supaslim

Hi

So I am seeing people reporting in their results from the programs I applied to. Some are wait-listed, some are accepted or rejected.

I didn't get any notifications and when I check the application pages they all say "Application: Submitted" but NOTHING ELSE!

How am I supposed to find out? Is no news good news??

Please somebody who knows about these stuff, help me!

I am here with you! Nothing yet! 8 schools not hear back from any! Latest ddl is 15.01.

Just relax.  It's not a big deal.  Many people have said numerous times that a lot of these schools do things in waves.  The "absolute no's" and the "must-have" students get their stuff sent out first.  They then wait for the "must-haves" to make a decision, and any open spaces are then filled with the second tier-candidates, and if needed, third-wave selections.  I found out last year that definitive rejections either came immediately, or a lot later than acceptances (like 1.5-2 months later!).

So if you don't hear anything quite yet, it's possible that they are still deliberating, figuring out funding options, waiting on yes/no's from the rockstar candidates.  So just relax, and take your mind off of it for a few weeks.  It sucks, but we all have to wait.

Like Ancient_DNA said, most schools have to do the process in waves. So maybe it is a good thing that you haven't heard yet? If you are genuinely worried then I think you should e-mail/call the program and inquire about it. Other than that all you can do is sit tight!

Thanks guys. Yeah I applied to 8 schools. I was very confident since I have my BA from one of the top European institutions and currently getting my MA at Duke so I almost applied to all ivies and some other top tier schools. Got rejected from Duke History, UMD Amer Studies and Princeton History so far but no news from my top prospects Yale, Brown and GWU. Upenn and Gtown sent out admission results according to what some people have entered on the results page but I am still waiting haha. it is killing me. I sent an email to Upenn and Gtown asking if they have are still continuing with the decisions since I did not receive anything. I hope it wont affect the process negatively. I don't wanna look obnoxious haha

I'm in this boat as well. I didn't apply to many schools, and I haven't heard back from any of them. Oregon is my #1 and I've only seen one other person in the results page get contacted by them (interview). No acceptances or Rejections in the art department- at least through GradCafe results.

Absolute Torture

I would just confirm what everyone else has been saying. No need to worry yet, and it does go in waves. So what if you aren't a first-round admit. I'd take second or third round as long as you get in somewhere, right? But yes, I am with you. Waiting is pure torture. 

I couldn't take it anymore and called my 1st choice to see if they had completed making decisions and sending out Acceptance letters. As it turns out, even though their website says otherwise, they have not sent a single acceptance or rejection letter. They will start mid March and complete late March. Spoke to two very nice, pleasant people who did not sound as though they had answered this question 10,000 times.

Don't freak too much. Yet.

Hey,

I totally feel you!

I have applied to a lot schools, and so far nothing, no phone calls, no interviews, no emails, no nothing, I have seen people getting news on the results board. It's really frustrating to check my email every 5 minutes and hold my phone at hand all time... I hope that it's good news that it is not some generic rejection, and hopefully not a huge disappointment later...I am also meeting my mentor later today, I feel great pressure when he keeps asking if I heard anything cause he is also one of my letter writers, I feel I let him down.

Edited by HannahSS

I just got invited for an interview yesterday at one of mine (I applied there in late November). It says on the website that interviews will be in March, but they won't be releasing funding information until May, so some of them are just a long wait!

Well, yeah, I'm in the same boat.  However seeing as some programs are large and some are small; how some receive hundreds (thousands?) of applicants and some receive just a handful: how some decision letters emanate directly from the department/program and other from the "graduate school"; I hardly believe that all decisions are made in waves.  

I will agree that clear admits/rejections are more-than-likely made first. 

Though, sigh. *fingers crossed*

I couldn't take it anymore and called my 1st choice to see if they had completed making decisions and sending out Acceptance letters. As it turns out, even though their website says otherwise, they have not sent a single acceptance or rejection letter. They will start mid March and complete late March. Spoke to two very nice, pleasant people who did not sound as though they had answered this question 10,000 times.

Don't freak too much. Yet.

I only applied to UO so it's good I haven't secretly been rejected yet then. Constant fear of that. I haven't heard from the other department I applied to but it seems no one else on here has either. So tempted to call but...pretty scared to hear bad news.  :(