Anyone else stress eating?

katiegud

I've heard back from all but one university now (and I have an interview at that one), but I know very little about funding! At two universities I know I would be completely unfunded, so that leaves three that I am still unsure about. I might not know until May (!) if I can get my PhD.

That said, for lunch I had a giant peanut butter/M&M cookie and diet Dr Pepper. Anybody else going to gain 100 lbs by the time this is over?

I'm a stress non-eater, so I generally forgo food when stressed. However, I don't even want to check how much weight I've lost during this process. I know I'm already looking a little bony. Hopefully I'll be able to gain some of it back once I've accepted an offer. Stress eaters, teach me your ways? 

I wish I stopped eating when I get stressed. I have just avoided the scales during this whole process. I don't really do candies, I have a big downfall for carbs. Boxes and boxes of crackers.

Oh, don't worry. The first moment I'm not stressed I go straight for the carbs. It's like I've exited a long torpor, and the dawn of the first day of spring is made of food.

Donuts, pasta, cake, cookies, breads, and fries, consider yourselves devoured come April. You have been warned, my tasty little pretties. 

I am happily and rapidly getting fat in this waiting period which I think is fair and perfectly natural. Soon, I will be a student and extravagant substances like meat, alcohol, cigarettes, cakes etc will again be out of reach for economic reasons. Let the last few months of hedonism commence!

I am happily and rapidly getting fat in this waiting period which I think is fair and perfectly natural. Soon, I will be a student and extravagant substances like meat, alcohol, cigarettes, cakes etc will again be out of reach for economic reasons. Let the last few months of hedonism commence!

I like your style. XD

I've gained 15 pounds since July, when this whole process started kicking into high gear. That's a lot for someone who is 5'1. I might, legitimately, be overweight. It might be stress-eating, or it might be the advantages of my youth slipping away.

Stomach: "You had 2 beers today? Here's an extra inch on your waistline! Lol you're not 22 anymore!"

*stares at giant bag of cheese curls sitting next to me*

I'm not ... *takes a handful of cheese curls out of the bag* ... stress eating ...

I have no idea what you're talking about ... 

You say: "But gingin, you've already heard from your all of your schools ..."

*munching noises continue* I've got a recruitment visit coming up and decisions to make.  

Therefore, cheese curls.