Anyone else stress eating?

katiegud

Must. Stop.

At least we haven't become a bundle of raging alcoholics... 

yet.

Maybe if I become obsessive about my body it will ease the obsession of admissions...  naaaah.

+looks at beer on desk+

I think I'm celebrating anything these days.

Today is "first last test ever".

I'm not stress-eating, but I'm definitely having a few more alcoholic drinks than normal. lol

I'm SOOOO nervous. I should hear from two of my schools within the next 2 weeks and I'm freaking out. A glass of wine is super helpful in calming my nerves and preventing me from calling all my schools and begging them to accept me. lol

Seriously....begging has crossed my mind more than once (okay..like 20 times)!

I cracked and have had two chickens since January (from a local farm).  Vegetarian for 4 years.  Guilt - aplenty. 

I'm also vegetarian over here (10 years).

I make 2 whole, organic chickens a week for my family. I am getting more and more tempted to take bites every single time I cook! Not sure how much longer I can stay strong. lol

In Scandinavia they have a food around easter that my Iranian friend calls "that massive cream hamburger". No meat, just loads of cream in a cardamom bun, with marzipan if you're in Sweden.

It is sort of interactive because you can scoop cream on big bits of bun and dig into the marzipan core and it is PERFECT for stress because it is delicious and a time-wasting opportunity all at once.

In Scandinavia they have a food around easter that my Iranian friend calls "that massive cream hamburger". No meat, just loads of cream in a cardamom bun, with marzipan if you're in Sweden.

It is sort of interactive because you can scoop cream on big bits of bun and dig into the marzipan core and it is PERFECT for stress because it is delicious and a time-wasting opportunity all at once.

That sounds .... delightfully perfect for stress eating! I am jealous!  

Reason number 4594969063 to visit Scandinavia!!

Around Easter, we have the homemade peanut butter "eggs" that churches make to raise funds, but it doesn't take a lot of time to eat them, and they're so rich that I can usually only handle one at a time haha.

Edited by gingin6789

I always love coffee, but lately I cannot stay away from it because it's comforting! 

It really is the comfort drink to end all comfort drinks.

Besides lovely hot cocoa.

However, many people will retort that beer or alcohol is their comfort drink of choice, which is understandable!  There's actually an entire thread in the philosophy sub-forum for beverages of choice during this process. I love that thread!

Oh, you have those around easter? In Finland, we eat those already in February. I love the ones with cream and jam, but the marzipan ones are gross.

I'm binging on peanut butter, which I only recently discovered. I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, preferably straight from the jar, and have no idea how I survived without it for so long. I'll probably have to enroll in peanut butter rehab once the application anxiety is over.

What is this deliciousness called?? Inquiring minds (and hungry stomachs) want to know.

Mmmmmm that looks amazing! I'm half danish, and I grew up in a family that is frankly far too devoted to our cultural food and desserts, so I'm surprised that I haven't encountered it (and devoured) it before. I will need to remedy this personal shortcoming ASAP.

Those peanut butter fudge and salted caramel flavours are going to be my undoing

All of those flavors will be my undoing. I only wish the salted caramel had two flavors of ice cream. And seriously...hazelnut and chocolate ice cream with a Nutella core? Helllllloooooooo weight gain!

Oh, you have those around easter? In Finland, we eat those already in February. I love the ones with cream and jam, but the marzipan ones are gross.

For me, cream and jam is Norwegian and marzipan is Swedish. Not sure if this is something I made up but marzipan is best for sure! Also, isnt it a lent thing, which explains the February arrival date and easter connection?

:P I live in the student dorm, and vending machines here have sandwishes and hamburgers if someone wants to have a snack.

We had cheetos and fritos in our student dorm vending machines.  Not that those are bad things ... but a burger sounds awesome, especially if it is a good quality burger!