unpopular things you love

gr8pumpkin

Cold leftovers.

Vegetables. Actually, these days more people I know seem to like them... in early undergrad, I knew a few people who bragged about being "carnivores". They didn't just eat a lot of meat; they actively avoided eating vegetables. Multiple people!

The smell of gasoline. But I'm under the impression that more people like the smell of gasoline than those who don't. XD

These are unpopular?? Ahhh. My whole life is a lie. I guess I’d better start deleting all the episodes off my DVR :( 

I’m OBSESSED. 

I’m also obsessed with Pretty Little Liars.

House Hunters is awesome. Not a fan of Property Brothers though.

I got my friend who then got her whole family addicted to the shows. We don't care if most are staged (seems PB and their shows aren't as much), it's window shopping! (seriously, great way to tell if you're on the same page house-wise as your SO. Discovered DH and I have *very* different opinions on stairs of all things)

I'm actually wicked happy to see some HGTV love! They have such good shows! But you know you've watched house hunters too much when you start seeing repeats and remember which house they chose ;)

How could anyone not love the twins! They're really funny and I love the renovations they do.

Oh yeah house hunters is totally staged, but I don't care haha. It's really interesting to find out what your money can buy you in different parts of the country.

How could anyone not love the twins! They're really funny and I love the renovations they do.

Gotta admit I don't care for them; mostly because I feel like the show is "You like this million dollar house with 12 foot ceilings and spiral staircases? Well, we can fix up a ranch house with no stairs kinda nice for you, and put in a big rectangular chandelier!" The finished product is always nice, but it's never anything like what the couple asked for in the beginning, and their design tastes result in the places they finish looking kind of same-y to me.

Oh God I've watched way too much HGTV.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Cold leftovers.

This. 

There's almost nothing I can think of that isn't better cold the day after than hot the day of. 

Gotta admit I don't care for them; mostly because I feel like the show is "You like this million dollar house with 12 foot ceilings and spiral staircases? Well, we can fix up a ranch house with no stairs kinda nice for you, and put in a big rectangular chandelier!" The finished product is always nice, but it's never anything like what the couple asked for in the beginning, and their design tastes result in the places they finish looking kind of same-y to me.

Oh God I've watched way too much HGTV.

The expensive first house is so beautiful but I think the renovated house looks pretty good too. I do agree that they should add some variety to their designs. I'm still waiting for some funky/quirky design :)

Also, no such thing as too much HGTV!

1) Colder weather (ideal = 35 degree F)

2) Fried tofu with a little salt - nothing else

3) Kidney beans straight out of the can

4) Uncooked noodles (the veggie flavored ones)

5) McDonald's Hot Mustard sauce (by the way - they quit making it!)

6) I have to agree with what someone else posted - McDonald's Fish Sandwiches

The durian fruit 

walking around outside on a snowy day

I LOVE durian! My favorite fruit hands down. I think it's certainly tied to Nubbin's explanation about our responses to smells. It's one of the most hated things around here, but in tropical countries quite a lot of people love it and those who don't are less repelled by it. Kind of like the smell of blue cheese really.

I LOVE durian! My favorite fruit hands down. I think it's certainly tied to Nubbin's explanation about our responses to smells. It's one of the most hated things around here, but in tropical countries quite a lot of people love it and those who don't are less repelled by it. Kind of like the smell of blue cheese really.

LOL just saw your post in the parallel thread to this one 'bout pho - personally, pho is like Asian Chicken Soup. I get mad AZN street cred for liking durian as an American born Asian. 

LOL just saw your post in the parallel thread to this one 'bout pho - personally, pho is like Asian Chicken Soup. I get mad AZN street cred for liking durian as an American born Asian. 

Haha is it? I had no idea it's that popular even among Asians! For me it's like the very basic, not even scratching the suface, introduction to Vietnamese cuisine - basically the only thing (maybe beside spring rolls) that people would know about Vietnamese food. Durian, I'm crazy about it :D Oh and can you eat baluts too? I think that would give you even madder street cred!

Oh and can you eat baluts too? I think that would give you even madder street cred!

I love balut eggs. I can knock away half a dozen (don't wanna look like a glutton) by myself with a durian shake. Guess that would be an unpopular thing that people hate that I love LOL

Balut eggs are a favorite form of night time street food when I go back to the homeland...in addition to peppered snail in the day time LOL 

Edited by i.am.me

YES!!!

My people! Haha! My grandma roasts them with butter perfectly. Noms.

That reminds me, I really like so-called "taboo" foods: eyeballs, hearts, intestines, brains, bugs.. you name it. I normally don't eat meat besides fish but I'll try almost anything once, especially if I can learn how to process it. Elk & deer hearts are some of my favorite foods, definitely in my Top 5.

Extreme heat. 90+ degree days? Yes, please, as many as possible.

Ditto.  Also.....actually TALKING on the phone, handwritten letters, newspapers, actual books, and train travel (the old school ones, not these fancy subway trains).

That reminds me, I really like so-called "taboo" foods: eyeballs, hearts, intestines, brains, bugs.. you name it. I normally don't eat meat besides fish but I'll try almost anything once, especially if I can learn how to process it. Elk & deer hearts are some of my favorite foods, definitely in my Top 5.

You're a badass. o_o Remind me to never mess with you.

Waking up early!

I love getting up around 7 or 7:30 on the weekends, hours before my boyfriend. I really enjoy the quiet time alone. When I go outside to walk to the gym, I feel like the only person alive.

I get it from my parents, who are morning people too. About a year ago on a visit home, I slept until about 8:30 and my dad accused me of wasting the day.  :blink:

Whenever I have to be out of the house that early I am always surprised by the number of people out and around at that time. In my head I just keep saying, "This is a time for SLEEP!"