unpopular things you love

gr8pumpkin

Stupid teen thriller drama shows like The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars. I'm just... I can't help it. I know it's bad TV and know what good TV looks like but it's almost as it brain fart helps me relax. Ultimate guilty pleasure. :)

House Hunters and Property Brothers on HGTV (home and garden channel)

These are unpopular?? Ahhh. My whole life is a lie. I guess I’d better start deleting all the episodes off my DVR :( 

I’m OBSESSED. 

I’m also obsessed with Pretty Little Liars. 

Fish sandwiches from McDonald's. Mmmm. I can't (or won't) eat most fast food, but.. dang, these were my staple on the way to & from snowboarding last year. Also, really whiny, loud, & nasal-y pop punk.

The smell of gasoline. Humidity (not too much, but my comfortable level of humidity is higher than regular people). Owen Wilson.

Strangely enough I can think of more popular things that I hate than unpopular things that I love. Is it the case for anyone else?

Instant coffee. (It's quick and does the job when brewed coffee isn't readily available or I'm in a hurry).

Oh YES. In the UK instant coffee is kinda the staple and as a result tastes quite good. American instant coffee is pure nastiness...but that doesn't stop me drinking it. 

* Singing along to 80s power ballads. 

* Eating cold baked beans straight from the tin.

Instant coffee. (It's quick and does the job when brewed coffee isn't readily available or I'm in a hurry).

Oh, a world of this.  I actually prefer instant coffee.  Regular coffee is often too bitter.  I can get the perfect spoonful of instant coffee to suit my taste.

House Hunters and Property Brothers on HGTV (home and garden channel)

I got my friend who then got her whole family addicted to the shows. We don't care if most are staged (seems PB and their shows aren't as much), it's window shopping! (seriously, great way to tell if you're on the same page house-wise as your SO. Discovered DH and I have *very* different opinions on stairs of all things)

Waking up early!

I love getting up around 7 or 7:30 on the weekends, hours before my boyfriend. I really enjoy the quiet time alone. When I go outside to walk to the gym, I feel like the only person alive.

I get it from my parents, who are morning people too. About a year ago on a visit home, I slept until about 8:30 and my dad accused me of wasting the day.  :blink:

Have to comment on what astroyogi said...the smell of skunk. I like it too. And I'll bet the are lots of folks with us, but who don't admit it. So lest you think we're just weird, do you want to know why we like it, or why anyone likes or dislikes certain odors?

A Brown University psychologist maintains that the human brain is not hard wired for odor preferences or repulsion. She said that these are learned, and she remembers as a young girl that her mother commented on "that pleasant smell," thus it's been pleasing to her ever since. I don't remember what my learned experience was with distant skunk, but I do know that when I smell it my mind drifts to summer days as a child on vacation at our lake, and those were idyllic days. Same for the smell of gasoline. My mind takes me to summer, the boat, or my dad cutting the lawn. 

So there ya go. Skunk haters, methinks someone told you that you should hate the scent.

Have to comment on what astroyogi said...the smell of skunk. I like it too. And I'll bet the are lots of folks with us, but who don't admit it. So lest you think we're just weird, do you want to know why we like it, or why anyone likes or dislikes certain odors?

A Brown University psychologist maintains that the human brain is not hard wired for odor preferences or repulsion. She said that these are learned, and she remembers as a young girl that her mother commented on "that pleasant smell," thus it's been pleasing to her ever since. I don't remember what my learned experience was with distant skunk, but I do know that when I smell it my mind drifts to summer days as a child on vacation at our lake, and those were idyllic days. Same for the smell of gasoline. My mind takes me to summer, the boat, or my dad cutting the lawn. 

So there ya go. Skunk haters, methinks someone told you that you should hate the scent.

That's really interesting. I'm not particularly annoyed by the smell of skunk, having grown up with a lot of skunk cabbage in my backyard. But I wouldn't say I'm fond of it.

I do, however, LOATHE anything lemon scented or flavored. I just associate it with cleaning products and chemicals.