Fall 2015 Applicants

I'm the Johns Hopkins interviewee and I am quite surprised actually. The email implies that all those on the shortlist are interviewed (although POI used the term "long list" to refer to the shortlist, confusing! so maybe the list is long? idk). POI wants to speak before Feb 10 so I assume that's around the time final decisions will be made.

Congratulations! Could I ask who your POI is and what your proposed topic is? Keeping my fingers crossed for an interview...

I got an invite to interview over Skype with Yale! I am freaking out!

General email with 2 professors CCd, one was a POI and another I'm not familiar with.

FINALLY!

Yaaaaaassssss!!!

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Happy-and-excited-gif.gif

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSss WOOO HOOOO!!!  Iam celebrating with you. Let us know how it goes and write all the dirty little details in that interview topic! :D cant wait to hear more from you guys! i am crossing all types of fingers for you two!

Congratulations oceanus! And thanks for the info! At least knowing that I have been rejected is preferable to active agonizing!

I do hope your interview goes well :)

Thank you!!  :)  I hope you get other interviews, or better yet, acceptances without interviews  ;)

Hi! I applied for that program, too... I guess no interview means rejection?? :(

BUT CONGRATS TO YOU!

Aww, thanks! I freaked out last night since there were interview invites on the boards and I didn't even know they did interviews! Felt desperate up until 10am when I got the email. So, I know it sucks being in the holding zone. Fingers crossed for you!

Hello everyone!

I was just sent a link to GradCafe the other day and finally decided to check it out...You all have no idea what it's like waiting when you don't have anyone to commiserate with about grad school apps!  I am surprised any of my friends are even speaking to me anymore, considering the amount of whining I've been doing over the past couple-three months!   ;) 

Sounds like Chicago has contacted everyone they want for interviews, so that's a rejection for me now (it was a bit of a pie-in-the-sky school anyway, so I am not terribly disappointed).  I am quite worried about NYU though...I'd been chatting to a professor there before I submitted my application, and she mentioned the average intake was 8-10 new students...I see on the board that there have been 5 NYU acceptances so far (possibly 1 fake?) so I am becoming concerned at not having heard anything...  

But congrats to everyone getting their acceptances so early!  It's really encouraging to see so many people getting into the schools and programs they've applied for!   :D  

Hello everyone!

I was just sent a link to GradCafe the other day and finally decided to check it out...You all have no idea what it's like waiting when you don't have anyone to commiserate with about grad school apps!  I am surprised any of my friends are even speaking to me anymore, considering the amount of whining I've been doing over the past couple-three months!   ;) 

Sounds like Chicago has contacted everyone they want for interviews, so that's a rejection for me now (it was a bit of a pie-in-the-sky school anyway, so I am not terribly disappointed).  I am quite worried about NYU though...I'd been chatting to a professor there before I submitted my application, and she mentioned the average intake was 8-10 new students...I see on the board that there have been 5 NYU acceptances so far (possibly 1 fake?) so I am becoming concerned at not having heard anything...  

But congrats to everyone getting their acceptances so early!  It's really encouraging to see so many people getting into the schools and programs they've applied for!   :D  

Hey! My firends are also avoiding hanging out with me from fear that  i will talk about gradschool and how sad i WILL be or what i WILL do if i get in....This site has not censored me unfortunately. But , it does feel really good to have an outlet like this, so welcome. And, I always say this, you already have one acceptance , so everything else is like a +  ,not a necessity. It takes ONE , and you have it- my deepest congratulations (and jealousy ) ;)

Hello everyone!

I am quite worried about NYU though...I'd been chatting to a professor there before I submitted my application, and she mentioned the average intake was 8-10 new students...I see on the board that there have been 5 NYU acceptances so far (possibly 1 fake?) so I am becoming concerned at not having heard anything...  

Hey! There actually haven't been any acceptances to NYU, just some interviews (as far as we know, it seems like that one was a fake). And since the interviews have been chats with POIs, if you've been talking to yours a lot it's entirely possible that an interview (aka chat with POI) would be redundant in your case.

So don't lose hope yet :)

Aww, thanks! I freaked out last night since there were interview invites on the boards and I didn't even know they did interviews! Felt desperate up until 10am when I got the email. So, I know it sucks being in the holding zone. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you :)

I guess there's no real point in losing hope until I get an official rejection, right? Maybe? Hahaha. Blegh!

Hello everyone!

Hey! what program at Durham? 

Hello!

I am a December 2013 graduate of Purdue University, and in the year that I've taken off, I've volunteered with a domestic violence shelter while keeping up to date on relevant blogs and news stories about my interests. I sent my application in a week ago, after a month of working hard to finish it up, and am really excited to hear back from the program. I've been working with my prospective advisor on the narrative essay portion, and found out a few weeks ago that she's also the head of the graduate program in the department. 

Hopefully I'll know something in the next month. I'm really bad at waiting, but recently have adopted a cat, so she makes things less stressful. 

Congratulations on your acceptances for those of you who've made it in! And good luck to everyone else! I heard back from my first program and it's an in! I'm so happy.

Edited by SSCCATAGAPP

Congratulations on your acceptances for those of you who've made it in! And good luck to everyone else! I heard back from my first program and it's an in! I'm so happy.

Where did you get an offer, SSCCattttttcat (your username is hard to spell)? Congrats! Let's hope we can all keep hearing only the best of news.

So, I saw there is a Hopkins interview on the results page. I guess it's safe to assume that if you didn't get an interview invitation you are probably not on the shortlist... :(

snowswirl, I just got an email this evening (after 6pm EST) - so they may still be sending out invites! Interviews are going until Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!!