Psych Results Page Questions/Clarifications

FinallyAccepted

I've got a question for you guys. I've been watching the results page like a hawk (haven't we all?) and noticed that some schools (specifically Yale) have already sent out interview invitations (Clinical program) but also apparently some people have gotten rejections as well. I haven't heard a word on my results either way. What does that usually imply? Could it imply that I didn't make it far enough to receive such early rejection notice? Could it imply a waitlist position (doubtful)?

I've got a question for you guys. I've been watching the results page like a hawk (haven't we all?) and noticed that some schools (specifically Yale) have already sent out interview invitations (Clinical program) but also apparently some people have gotten rejections as well. I haven't heard a word on my results either way. What does that usually imply? Could it imply that I didn't make it far enough to receive such early rejection notice? Could it imply a waitlist position (doubtful)?

I really don't know about this. I'm applying for the social track in Yale but have had the same experience. I took it to mean that either my POI hadn't got round to it, or that they just hadn't bothered sending specific rejection notices and would just let the genetic ones around march do.

You're explanation is equally as plausible though! I guess we won't know until we know. I'm taking no news as good news at the moment, despite how foolish that may be haha!

I'm curious about the two posts about UIUC psychology: would you mind sharing you guys' areas? Thanks :)

Edited by charleswu.01

It could imply both things actually. Official rejection notices will be sent out only in February. Those who already got a rejection via email received it personally from the POI. The process seems to be still ongoing though so probably they are still considering applicants. You could wait a week or two and if you don't hear by then contact the graduate office asking if all invites have been sent out. Hope this helps!

Any info about the U. Southern California clinical science program? I saw someone on SDN say that they had received an interview invite, and I'm wondering if this was POI specific or for all clinical applicants.

CharlesWu did you apply to Cog Programs? I applied to about CMU and Cornell as well (not cog)  and haven't heard anything.

Yup! At CMU my POI is more cognitive neuroscience and Cornell is more cog/developmental. So your POI might still be reviewing apps! 

Good luck :)

Hey hey,

I've seen a few Nebraska-Lincoln Clinical postings (both rejected and interview) but haven't heard anything either way and my app status is still "Under review". Can those people please PM me their POIs? Thanks!