Fulbright 2010-2011

kiwicafe

Congratulations to you!! This is wonderful news.

If I may be so bold, whereabouts in the country are you located?

I'm in Southern California. Yeah. Enjoying a celebratory Serpent's Stout from Lost Abbey. Yeah!

I just got a 9x11 manila envelope in the mail from new york; i got the Fulbright Full Grant to Germany!!! It's dated March 10th. Yeah!!!

congrats to you....!! such relief...

anyone else for a full grant to germany in the SF BAY Area? received anything today??!! :blink::blink:

To those of you getting word on German Full Grants - are these coming to your permanent address or your present address that you listed on the application form? The difference for me is like 3,000 miles, so I'm trying to figure out which mail box to check.

My mailing and permanent address are the same–both of which are very far from NY (which is where the envelope came from). Luck to all! Prost!!!

congrats to you....!! such relief...

anyone else for a full grant to germany in the SF BAY Area? received anything today??!! :blink::blink:

I am from SF Bay area and am finalist for Full grant to Germany. Have not received anything.

first, no i haven't heard anything. i'm a finalist for a full-grant to iceland.

second, i wanted to applaud all the positive people on this site--much different from similar forums for law school and whatnot.

i'm really encouraged by all the encouragement and support people have displayed, truly impressive!

and lastly, thank you for the google spreadsheet, a great idea well implemented. i've added my details as appropriate.

good luck to everyone!

Zymurgist - where is your projecting going to put you? I found out I'm getting a DAAD grant to go to Berlin.

I'm off to Cologne.

Berlin is a fantastic and alive city. Congrats!

Hi All,

Anyone apply to Norway or any of the Nordic countries this round? I see that Andreas T has entered info on the spreadsheet. I would imagine that notification letters might come relatively early for Nordic country applicants, given that the American-Scandinavian Foundation (the main competing fellowship foundation) notifies applicants mid-March.

-Snowy Finland

She told me that notifications would be sent 'sometime this month', but maybe she had new information when she spoke with you.

Huh.

I, too, read through almost the entirety of last year's thread and one conclusion they came to was that finalists were generally given a time frame for hearing the final word that overshot the actual estimated time of arrival. Soooo... I don't know if that's relevant at all. Either way, we will hear eventually. :)

Hey there, this is my first posting, but I am on the google spreadsheet (China) and I have been checking this forum ever since January.

Anyways, for all those other China applicants, I just got an email from Jane Upton, she mentioned "Final notification of your grant status will be sent out in the next few weeks by IIE's New York office." Her original email was to say my research topic had been approved by my host institution (a CGS school) so I was like YAY?? But then she wrote "It does not mean you have been awarded a grant." :-( What a bummer!! Anyways......I'm really nervous now ><

Congrats to all the winners so far!

Edited by d4zy588

..."But then she wrote "It does not mean you have been awarded a grant.""

Totally. Every email I've gotten so far has reminded me of this- and it makes me sigh a little. biggrin.gif

Edited by nescafe

..."But then she wrote "It does not mean you have been awarded a grant.""

Totally. Every email I've gotten so far has reminded me of this- and it makes me sigh a little. biggrin.gif

I haven't heard a thing from Rachel Holskin ( in charge of Europe and Eurasia) since I got word that I'm finalist. But I don't envy receiving multiple official looking letters - never knowing if this was the one.

Hey guys,

Does anyone who has applied for a Fulbright research grant to India know the current application status? I called the Fulbright office last week and they told me they had no idea.

Waiting anxiously.....

Uh, I don't know if this was covered already, but are acceptance letters only sent from your country/rejection letters only sent from New York? If so does that mean I didn't get it?? China doesn't have a Fulbright Commission....don't know if that changes things.

Uh, I don't know if this was covered already, but are acceptance letters only sent from your country/rejection letters only sent from New York? If so does that mean I didn't get it?? China doesn't have a Fulbright Commission....don't know if that changes things.

My acceptance letter (and medical 'certificate') was sent from New York, and it said that more information will follow from the country itself (I'm assuming ETA placement, terms of the grant, the signature sheet, and so on). Bulgaria has a commission so it doesn't seem to be predicated on that. It also was sent out on a Friday. I know last year they were only sending out Europe on Wednesdays or something; maybe not the case this time.