Fulbright 2010-2011

kiwicafe

The madness of the wait has already set in, it seems. I've spent the last two hours reading through the acceptances from last year's forum...discovered that the Nepal acceptances came on April 13, and the year before apparently around April 20. I guess those of us who applied for South Asia and specifically Nepal have a month or so of breath-holding ahead of us. Ah well, here's hoping they've streamlined the process since 2009!

I noticed on @Sally's spreadsheet that someone got the grant for Austria yesterday. Congrats whoever you are. It's even more exciting that it came by email.

I actually just took a look back at last year's thread and saw that someone who got Japan last year also got it by email. On the one hand, now I can stop checking my snail mail obsessively. On the other, now I'm refreshing my email every five minutes. -_- (It doesn't help that I found out the country's already announced their teacher exchanges, so they must be almost ready for the student awards too...)

I noticed on @Sally's spreadsheet that someone got the grant for Austria yesterday. Congrats whoever you are. It's even more exciting that it came by email.

Indeed!

I was unaware, though, that Austria offered a combo research/eta grant–I thought it was either one or though other. Sehr interessant.

Congrats Anonymous! Where are you headed?

All the Best,

jim the zymurgist

That's how they should be notifying people...an email as soon as they can and a snail mail letter to follow up with! Leave it to the Austrians to show some compassion! biggrin.gif

Hopefully our Austrian Anonymous friend browses the board because I have a question: Did you apply directly to the Austrian Commission (with the Jan 15 deadline), or through the American IIE (with a deadline back in the fall). The reason why I ask is because I have several colleagues who applied directly to the Austrian Commission for ETA and are waiting to hear.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

All the Best,

Jim the Zymurgist

Hopefully our Austrian Anonymous friend browses the board because I have a question: Did you apply directly to the Austrian Commission (with the Jan 15 deadline), or through the American IIE (with a deadline back in the fall). The reason why I ask is because I have several colleagues who applied directly to the Austrian Commission for ETA and are waiting to hear.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

All the Best,

Jim the Zymurgist

I applied for the Austrian Commission ETA as well and have yet to hear anything. I thought they were going to make their decisions around the same time as Fulbright, but I reread the email they sent upon receiving our applications and said end of April. Best of luck to your friends!

FYI:

I contacted Rachel Holskin about when Latvia Finalists can expect to hear the final word and she said that the post in Latvia has made its selections but are still awaiting clearence from the Foreign Scholarship Board. We should find out in early April.

Cheers!

FYI:

I contacted Rachel Holskin about when Latvia Finalists can expect to hear the final word and she said that the post in Latvia has made its selections but are still awaiting clearence from the Foreign Scholarship Board. We should find out in early April.

Cheers!

I'm guessing Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia will all find out around the same time. It seems like a long time to wait but I hope it will fly by!

I'm guessing Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia will all find out around the same time. It seems like a long time to wait but I hope it will fly by!

Totally agree! Initially, I was optimistic and hoped that because Latvia (as I assume it is with Lithuania and Estonia) is a smaller country with fewer applicants that we would hear sooner than April. Alas, I guess not.

Heard today from Cara Doble that "Notification letters for the Fulbright Program to Germany started to go out this week, so you should hear any day now."

For ETAs or full grants? This is the best news I've heard all week! :)

For ETAs or full grants? This is the best news I've heard all week! :)

My application is for a full grant, so I'm sure that her email is responsive for full grants. Don't know about the ETAs, but I would be surprised if they were on a different time line.

FYI:

Cheers!

She told me the same thing. Did she specifically say early April?

I just received my acceptance letter for a Fulbright postdoctoral research fellowship to Israel, 2010-2012!

It came by snail mail--just a normal sized business envelope, very inconspicuous, one sheet of paper inside!

Good luck to all!

She told me the same thing. Did she specifically say early April?

She said the notifications should be sent by early April.

Did she tell you something different?

Edited by sidewalkchalk

Finalist for Egypt here. Got email asking for info for the CLEA grant, with an April 1 deadline.... does this mean that Egypt won't be selecting their grantees until after then? Or is it that CLEA runs on a different schedule?

ANyone have any wisdom on this? Thanks, and congrats to those of you that have heard!

Hey duskbowl, I applied for a grant for France. How about you??? Exciting to see someone else for France! YAY

Yes, I applied for a Full grant to France.

That's great if we'll hear by the first week of April, as someone wrote. I'm hoping for an e-mail notification, as I won't be anywhere near my current or permanent addresses. (Any chance anyone's heard anything about this?)

Edited by duskbowl