Fulbright 2010-2011

kiwicafe

I found out that I'm an alternate yesterday. I'm treating it like a rejection and moving on. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I am sorry to read this Intaglio6. :(

I haven't received anything yet, I probably live farther away from New York than you. I am feeling very pessimistic about my chance and I feel I probably will be named an alternate as well if not outright rejected.

Sigh. I'll stop whining. Sending good vibes out to those who are still waiting!

I am sorry to read this Intaglio6. :(

I haven't received anything yet, I probably live farther away from New York than you. I am feeling very pessimistic about my chance and I feel I probably will be named an alternate as well if not outright rejected.

Sigh. I'll stop whining. Sending good vibes out to those who are still waiting!

just think about how good "Fulbright Finalist" looks on your resume !!! :) sorry for all the bad news, dudes.

Facebook

How are you keeping it together?

1. Starbucks

2. Chocolate and Ice Cream

3. Facebook

4. Putting wayyy too much effort into current schoolwork

5. KEEP IT GOING

Edited by Kar

just think about how good "Fulbright Finalist" looks on your resume !!! :) sorry for all the bad news, dudes.

Ah ha ha! Thanks :) There's a positive and negative side to everything.

I found out that I'm an alternate yesterday. I'm treating it like a rejection and moving on. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Which Baltic country did you apply to? I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

On 4/17/2010 at 9:44 PM, travelingattorney said:

I was a Poland alternate for about three weeks before being moved to principal status five days ago.

Congratulations on that! Very happy for you ?

On 4/17/2010 at 1:05 AM, espana2010 said:

Well said rach2010, I couldn't agree with you more! I was quite shocked by holahnyoung's audacious comment and would like to remind him/ her that the Fulbright Program managers are well aware of this forum (as stated in an earlier post) and I suggest that this board should be reserved for positive and encouraging posts.

Please don't "remind me" that program managers are reading this forum. It's my decision to share what I want with this forum and whether they read it or not is not my concern. I agree that this forum should be reserved for positivity and encouragement but it's also a place to exchange different ideas. I admit I phrased my point harshly and I do apologize if anyone took it personally. But I stand by my idea that funds should be mainly distributed for projects and scholars. To be frank, I don't know understand why the State Department and host countries does distribute allowances for spouses however small it may be. Even taking into account that Fulbright applicants are coming from different stages of their life.

As an alternate, I know that my words are going to be filtered through my status but this is what I stand by. If you disagree with what I have to say, it doesn't matter because I'm sure the next application cycle is still going to support spousal stipends. I'm merely trying to make a point.

How are you keeping it together?

1. Starbucks

2. Chocolate and Ice Cream

3. Facebook

4. Putting wayyy too much effort into current schoolwork

5. KEEP IT GOING

Does online window shopping count?

Ladies, when I discovered this sweet find, I knew you all would love the name:

It's called the Please Mr. Postman Dress.

http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Please+Mr+Postman+Dress+in+Gladys

I am getting nervous now. Jonathon A. stated that decisions were sent out on Thurs or Friday. I should be getting word tomorrow or tuesday. Fingers crossed.

I applied to China, but I'm right there with you. GOOD LUCK!

SHOUT OUT TO ALL FINALISTS WHO ARE LURKING ON THE SITE!

COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

every time i see something like "10 guests" or "3 anonymous users" at the bottom of the screen, i wonder why you don't join the fun.

so. nervous. for. the. mail. gahhh.

oh me too, especially because cara said the letters for india began going out on thursday. today could be the day!

oh me too, especially because cara said the letters for india began going out on thursday. today could be the day!

It could! I am a dork and looked up how long it takes from a letter to get from NY to my address. Unfortunately, what I found was rather vague, 2-7 days, but that looked like the standard time for most locations.

I am brand new to gradcafe.... so I'm not sure how to navigate. I recently found out that I received a Fulbright for Mali! Where can I find/update the spreadsheet? I have been trying to sift through old posts, but there are just so many! Anyone else headed to West Africa? Congrats to all those recipients and best of luck (and patience) to those still waiting!

-A

I am brand new to gradcafe.... so I'm not sure how to navigate. I recently found out that I received a Fulbright for Mali! Where can I find/update the spreadsheet? I have been trying to sift through old posts, but there are just so many! Anyone else headed to West Africa? Congrats to all those recipients and best of luck (and patience) to those still waiting!

-A

Congrats S'moore! Here's the spreadsheet - https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=taWW8xiKve1Tm6Ow6bHdhYA&hl=en

SHOUT OUT TO ALL FINALISTS WHO ARE LURKING ON THE SITE!

COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

every time i see something like "10 guests" or "3 anonymous users" at the bottom of the screen, i wonder why you don't join the fun.

Hello Everyone...My name is Barnesy and I am probably one of those people who check the forums everyday and do not post anything. Everytime I check my email or my mailbox..I die a little inside...I wish I can find out before May 1st if I get an ETA to Macau? Does anyone know if the Macau decisions will be sent out with China's?