2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Hey guys, has anyone heard from Brown PhD neuroscience program? I'm curious because i haven't heard anything at all since i send the application. I wanted to make my final decision soon, but not without knowing about brown. 

Also, I was accepted to Albert Einstein College of Medicine. If anyone has any comments on what you think of AECOM or anything you know at all I would appreciate it!! I know it ends up being a personal decision, but I'm interested in reading other opinions! 

Thanks!!

25 minutes ago, Sonic16 said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard from Brown PhD neuroscience program? I'm curious because i haven't heard anything at all since i send the application. I wanted to make my final decision soon, but not without knowing about brown. 

Also, I was accepted to Albert Einstein College of Medicine. If anyone has any comments on what you think of AECOM or anything you know at all I would appreciate it!! I know it ends up being a personal decision, but I'm interested in reading other opinions! 

Thanks!!

Congrats!  I don't know anything, but there is also a neuroscience thread you might have more luck with.  

Has anyone declined an offer from UCLA MBI? I'm having trouble navigating the online portal -- although it says I should be able to accept/decline through the site, I've been searching around and can't find the link to do so. Wanted to see if I'm missing something super obvious before just sending e-mails to the administrators. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Sonic16 said:

Thanks!!

Hey Sonic16! I'm a second year PhD student at Einstein now, so feel free to PM me with any questions! 

Edited by kimmibeans

19 hours ago, Infinito said:

Officially accepted my offer at UCSF <3
Holla at me if you're also going there :)

I'm also attending UCSF this Fall- can't mu'fricken wait. Though I'm DSCB, we'll probably be in classes together :D

23 hours ago, Infinito said:

4 hours ago, FLAGtagSwag said:

I'm also attending UCSF this Fall- can't mu'fricken wait. Though I'm DSCB, we'll probably be in classes together :D

See you both there!

On 4/1/2016 at 11:50 PM, Infinito said:

Thats awesome! Congrats :D Only regret is that I didn't apply there, I think. Still, very happy with my final program (UNC-CH BBSP) 

On 3/30/2016 at 8:37 AM, Sonic16 said:

Thanks!!

Hi! I was accepted (NSGP) a few weeks ago. Did you apply to the NSGP or NIH partnership?

On March 29, 2016 at 11:30 AM, genetix12 said:

Has anyone heard from Tufts CMDB? Was told I am on the wait list, not too sure what my next move should be other than saying I'm still interested. Any advice?

Hey, I went to the January interview day, was accepted in February. I officially accepted the offer 

I've been accepted to the University of Georgia and Georgia Tech. My research interests are Developmental Biology and Genetics. Which school should I go to?

I've made a topic at the link below with a more detailed analysis of the schools. Hope you guys can help me!

On 4/2/2016 at 5:20 PM, bdnf_13.1 said:

Hi! I was accepted (NSGP) a few weeks ago. Did you apply to the NSGP or NIH partnership?

Hey Bdnf_13.1 I applied to NSGP only...you??

On 3/30/2016 at 11:19 AM, kimmibeans said:

Hey Sonic16! I'm a second year PhD student at Einstein now, so feel free to PM me with any questions! 

Hey kimmibeans!! so good to meet someone from AECOM, I'll PM soon!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, genes said:

I've been accepted to two great schools and am about to make a decision. Both are offering to fund me, but my top choice is paying a stipend that is about $700 less per year than the other choice. Both schools are in the same state.

Would it be rude to try to ask for more money before I accept the offer?

I'd advise against asking for more money. $700 less is nothing. If the money is comparable, I'd go to where you feel like it'd be the best fit. Heck, I turned down a school that offered me 4K (more) per year. 

Edited by Bioenchilada

7 hours ago, genes said:

I've been accepted to two great schools and am about to make a decision. Both are offering to fund me, but my top choice is paying a stipend that is about $700 less per year than the other choice. Both schools are in the same state.

Would it be rude to try to ask for more money before I accept the offer?

It would be very rude, and they will very likely tell you no! They likely have other very willing and just as qualified applicants waiting for admission.