2016 Applicants

4 minutes ago, Speechie-Z said:

Hi SLPgradstudent! I hadn't checked my application portal in a while, and someone on another forum suggested I do so. I had a waitlist letter linked at the bottom of my account, just posted yesterday. Might be worth checking again today?

Best of luck to you!

Thanks @Speechie-Z!  I too had a hold-list letter waiting on my portal.  It might have been there yesterday when I checked, because the top still says "Your application is under review."  But the bottom says "Decision status: Available beginning 2/24/16."  I'm on the waitlist too.  I was already accepted to my top choice school though, so I'm not too upset!

1 hour ago, Speechie-Z said:

Hi SLPgradstudent! I hadn't checked my application portal in a while, and someone on another forum suggested I do so. I had a waitlist letter linked at the bottom of my account, just posted yesterday. Might be worth checking again today?

Best of luck to you!

And I just got an email at 9:55 a.m. saying that my decision was available!  :P

Edited by SLPgradstudent

I have a question regarding waitlists if anyone has any experience or knows anything about it! I was waitlisted at one of my top choices, and just accepted at another program. If I choose to accept admission to the latter program, and the deadline of April 15 passes, what if I'm accepted off the wait list at my top choice? Is it frowned upon to bail on the school you committed to if you want to accept admission from the school that accepted you after the deadline? I'm aware (from looking at previous years on the results page) that programs will accept people off the waitlist into May, so won't most people be committed to other schools? Thanks for any feedback in advance! :)

Edited by ohiostatestudent627

19 minutes ago, ohiostatestudent627 said:

I have a question regarding waitlists if anyone has any experience or knows anything about it! I was waitlisted at one of my top choices, and just accepted at another program. If I choose to accept admission to the latter program, and the deadline of April 15 passes, what if I'm accepted off the wait list at my top choice? Is it frowned upon to bail on the school you committed to if you want to accept admission from the school that accepted you after the deadline? I'm aware (from looking at previous years on the results page) that programs will accept people off the waitlist into May, so won't most people be committed to other schools? Thanks for any feedback in advance! :)

If you find yourself in that situation, you would most certainly not be the first person to rescind your commitment. Pretty sure some people went through the same thing on here last year. The original school won't be thrilled about it I'm sure, but it's your future you have to be concerned with. Don't worry about it :)

1 hour ago, ohiostatestudent627 said:

I have heard of this situation many times. People do this often, and is kind of the purpose of the waitlist. I have also often heard of schools contacting students who were waitlisted to attend their school the WEEK BEFORE classes begin. My advice would be to do what is best for you, although it may be frowned upon, this is something many schools expect/plan for.

25 minutes ago, slptobe92 said:

Anyone else find themselves checking their email, this site, the results page, and all their portals a million times a day? I feel like I'm going crazy!

Ugh. Yes!!! And I know I'm not going to hear anything until next week at the earliest!!!

2 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

Anyone else find themselves checking their email, this site, the results page, and all their portals a million times a day? I feel like I'm going crazy!

Every email I get is a mini heart attack. I look forward to and dread going to my mailbox every day. I'm seeing so many people getting responses this week, I'm hoping we all hear back really soon..

On 2/24/2016 at 7:10 PM, orangegreenblue said:

yeah all i've seen so far are rejections on blogs, no one has reported admissions yet. I have yet to receive anything from them

I haven't heard anything yet back from ODU. Nothing about an interview either. Is that a bad sign?

On 2/24/2016 at 7:10 PM, orangegreenblue said:

yeah all i've seen so far are rejections on blogs, no one has reported admissions yet. I have yet to receive anything from them

1 hour ago, slptobe92 said:

I talked to them today and they said they will starting notifying people next week!

Awesome!! That's super exciting! 

I'm new to this forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I graduated from Purdue University in December and I am impatiently waiting results. I applied to the following schools:

University of Central Arkansas, Gallaudet University, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale, Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, St. Mary's College, Old Dominion University, University of Virginia, University of Alabama, University of District of Columbia, Cleveland State University, Pacific University, IUP Longwood University, North Carolina Central University, Eastern Michigan University, and Purdue University.

Yup, 16 schools but I feel like my stats are kind of low. I'm from Indiana so I would love to go to school out East somewhere but I don't have a top favorite. I'm just hoping to get in! 

23 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

darn I applied around november i hope that's not a bad sign for me :( but i guess my application wasn't officially complete until mid december when my transcript came through.

but loyola said in an email they would send letters no later than march 31st!

oh thats right! ah good luck hope you hear from uvm!

7 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

Ughhh yes! I still am waiting to hear from six schools, so every email is a heart attack! I hope we all hear good news soon :D

Everyone I've seen on the results page that's gotten into University of Vermont got either a phone call or an email. I talked to someone in admissions today and they told me I should expect a letter by next week. This sounds like a rejection to me but what do yall think?

Edited by slptobe92

Did anyone else get an email from University at Buffalo about an update with the admissions? It wasn't a wait list or a rejection, but it said that people had been accepted, and that they would keep us updated.

I guess I am more confused than anything. 

@ThatSpeechGuy I was one of the early accepted students (Feb 8th). It's likely that they're just responding in batches! I would be surprised if that were not the case, since from what I can gather not many people have been accepted so far and past cohort sizes suggest they will accept more applicants.

In other news, it looks like UNC Chapel Hill hasn't sent any other responses out since Wednesday. Hopefully, more of us will hear back next week.

38 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

Hi! Long time creeper, first time poster.

I was wondering if anyone's heard back from the University of Arizona yet? I haven't seen anything about their admissions. 

From what I know, we should all be hearing back by March 7th! There is one rogue post on the results page that claims an acceptance on February 8th, but it seems a bit odd since that's only a week after the deadline and no one else has heard back yet.

I think it's safe to assume that all decisions will be sent out in the first week or so of March! Here's to the most stressful two weeks of our lives...haha

2 minutes ago, Gingiestrong said:

From what I know, we should all be hearing back by March 7th! There is one rogue post on the results page that claims an acceptance on February 8th, but it seems a bit odd since that's only a week after the deadline and no one else has heard back yet.

I saw that! I got really excited, but nothing's popped up since. I think that poster was accepted into the PhD program and that's why they heard back so soon. The MS students must still be processing. 

Has anyone heard from Chapman, CSULB, or CSU San Marcos?  I saw people post that they got interviews/acceptance emails, but I haven't received anything from them asides from an interview with Chapman.  I checked my status with CSULB, but it's the same as ever.