Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Fall 2016--Apps, Decisions, and Waiting...

Results update:

UT Austin - Advertising - Ph.D. admitted

Cornell - Communication - Ph.D. admitted

Boston Univ. - Emerging media studies - interview next week...

Univ. of Washington - They need my TOEFL speaking 26 to be a TA... 

17 minutes ago, cannedheat said:

Someone just looked me up on academia.edu from Amherst MA. EEEE!

Yeah, I had someone look me up from State College, PA a few days ago, and I was like...awwww they are interested in me!! It is really exciting, I must admit.

58 minutes ago, gradswag said:

Yeah, I had someone look me up from State College, PA a few days ago, and I was like...awwww they are interested in me!! It is really exciting, I must admit.

I don't have anything up but a handful of class papers but it's still exciting. I hope they like what they see. :P

Hi all, 

A member of my cohort at UCF (@gradswag) uses this page and I thought I'd join the party. Awaiting decisions from the PhD programs at University of Pittsburgh, University of Georgia, and University of South Florida. Got into University of Texas-Austin! Of course still waiting on their word about $$$ 

I'm just finishing my MA in Interpersonal Communication and certificate in Gender Studies. Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get some good news soon. 

2 hours ago, Willhelminae said:

Hi all, 

A member of my cohort at UCF (@gradswag) uses this page and I thought I'd join the party. Awaiting decisions from the PhD programs at University of Pittsburgh, University of Georgia, and University of South Florida. Got into University of Texas-Austin! Of course still waiting on their word about $$$ 

I'm just finishing my MA in Interpersonal Communication and certificate in Gender Studies. Good luck to everyone and I hope we all get some good news soon. 

Knew you'd cave and start posting eventually ;) 

7 hours ago, cannedheat said:

I don't have anything up but a handful of class papers but it's still exciting. I hope they like what they see. :P

It is super exciting! To be honest, I have nothing on there, I just use it to look at other people's papers :D 

2 hours ago, cannedheat said:

Rejected at University of WA. u.u

sorry to hear. I was going to apply there and then I changed my mind. 212 applications and only 10 spaces is kind of ridiculous. I'm sure your next notification will be an acceptance to a school you love :)

11 hours ago, TWD2016 said:

sorry to hear. I was going to apply there and then I changed my mind. 212 applications and only 10 spaces is kind of ridiculous. I'm sure your next notification will be an acceptance to a school you love :)

Yes hopefully. Life goes on. ? There are better programs that I've applied to as far as fit. It would have been nice to live in Seattle, though. I'm sick of Phoenix.

9 hours ago, maktoob101 said:

Northwestern has released invitations for the interview week

Yeah, I posted the RPC invite on the results board. Huge relief as this is my only application this year. Anyone else going?

10 hours ago, maktoob101 said:

Northwestern has released invitations for the interview week

Hey all, been following this thread for a while now. I applied to 6 schools, and have heard back from 2 so far: admitted to UIUC's ICR PhD and University of Minnesota's Communication Studies PhD. I also applied for Northwestern's Screen Cultures PhD, but no word as of yet. Has anyone else that applied to Screen Cultures heard anything? I saw the RPC invite (Grats practical cat!), but nothing about SC. Not that I expect to get a request for an interview (I'm an out-of-field app); I just want the waiting period to be over! So hard to concentrate on real life while waiting for admission decisions, haha.

4 hours ago, saltome said:

Hey all, been following this thread for a while now. I applied to 6 schools, and have heard back from 2 so far: admitted to UIUC's ICR PhD and University of Minnesota's Communication Studies PhD. I also applied for Northwestern's Screen Cultures PhD, but no word as of yet. Has anyone else that applied to Screen Cultures heard anything? I saw the RPC invite (Grats practical cat!), but nothing about SC. Not that I expect to get a request for an interview (I'm an out-of-field app); I just want the waiting period to be over! So hard to concentrate on real life while waiting for admission decisions, haha.

I applied to Screen Cultures and I haven't heard anything either. I thought that they would release the RPC and Screen Cultures invite at the same time, but apparently not. I just want the period to be over too !

33 minutes ago, TWD2016 said:

I applied to Screen Cultures and I haven't heard anything either. I thought that they would release the RPC and Screen Cultures invite at the same time, but apparently not. I just want the period to be over too !

I feel like, having gone back through all of the Northwestern Comm results ever posted, this year has been extra special strange. Hope you guys hear soon.

26 minutes ago, practical cat said:

I feel like, having gone back through all of the Northwestern Comm results ever posted, this year has been extra special strange. Hope you guys hear soon.

I'm friends with one of their students and he said that RPC was hella behind this year...so, odd year!