Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

Well I managed to swing fitting another visit into my schedule, though my savings account is hurting for it. 2 planned for the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping they provide clarity. It's begun to feel like the more people I talk to, the more I have to consider. I thought I was leaning one way but now I'm not so sure.

14 hours ago, HardPromises said:

For a top choice waitlist situation where you've been notified that any decision on the matter will likely be very last minute or even just after April 15th, would it be wise to elegantly ask for an extension from the best offer already on hand (my top choice if not brought off the waitlist). It's possible that I'll hear back from my waitlist program early April 15th, but just in case it's a day or so later, I'm thinking I should ask my confirmed offer for a short extension maybe a week before the deadline. I don't want to wait and then be stuck asking for the extension on the afternoon of April 15th if I don't hear about the waitlist in time. And I don't want to just accept the offer and then ask to be let go if the waitlist goes my way.

I have the same question; however, rather than asking for an extension, is it possible to accept my current top offer on April 15, but later decline it if I get accepted from my waitlist school after that date? Do most schools make their acceptances on or prior to April 15, or is there a good chance it will happen after? 

Anyone considering to decline an offer from the UIUC in comparative? It turns out that I am currently in the #1 slot in the waitlist for comparative.

Edit: Could someone also inform me about their financial package? Thanks.

Edited by Syas

18 minutes ago, Syas said:

Anyone considering to decline an offer from the UIUC in comparative? It turns out that I am currently in the #1 slot in the waitlist for comparative.

Edit: Could someone also inform me about their financial package? Thanks.

Hey @Syas how did you find out about your waitlist situation? Did you email the department because I've been waiting to hear back from them as well and hoping it's at least a wait list rather than an outright rejection. I have other options but I'd really like to get some closure if you know what I mean! Cheers!

3 minutes ago, whatwasithinking said:

Hey @Syas how did you find out about your waitlist situation? Did you email the department because I've been waiting to hear back from them as well and hoping it's at least a wait list rather than an outright rejection. I have other options but I'd really like to get some closure if you know what I mean! Cheers!

I checked with the Head of the Graduate Programs.

21 hours ago, PizzaCat93 said:

I have the same question; however, rather than asking for an extension, is it possible to accept my current top offer on April 15, but later decline it if I get accepted from my waitlist school after that date? Do most schools make their acceptances on or prior to April 15, or is there a good chance it will happen after? 

You have to get permission from the school If you accept an offer and then decline after April 15. 

On March 3, 2016 at 10:23 AM, CarefreeWritingsontheWall said:

Do you know if the GU March 15th results are their last 'wave' of admits along with rejections? Has there been any mention of an open house? If I don't hear something today I just might pull my hair out.

Did anyone receive a decision yesterday from GU?  My online application status is still listed as submitted...

28 minutes ago, lstauffer714 said:

Did anyone receive a decision yesterday from GU?  My online application status is still listed as submitted...

not me :( Still stuck in purgatory.

Nothing from Georgetown for me either...they've released late before but at this point I'm not holding my breath, especially since someone mentioned their open house being on April 1st.

Edited by CarefreeWritingsontheWall

I would go ahead and call about your status at GU. When I called to ask about a week ago, they said all decisions would be released on the 15th. Maybe there is some hold up or technical problem? Although I was informally notified on Thursday, I got the official email and the change to my application status yesterday at 5 pm (EST) on the dot. 

Also, I am about to decline my offer, so that should help someone out on the wait list in IR. 

Edited by wb3060

May not hear from GU today, just FYI. We're having a major commuting meltdown in DC today (shut down the entire subway system), and a lot of employers are allowing teleworking or unscheduled leave. (my office just decided to give everyone a vacation day. I'm sitting on my deck and drinking a beer in the beautiful sunshine!) It's very possible that the folks responsible for sending out decisions, update application statuses, etc., are not working today.

33 minutes ago, Birdie said:

May not hear from GU today, just FYI. We're having a major commuting meltdown in DC today (shut down the entire subway system), and a lot of employers are allowing teleworking or unscheduled leave. (my office just decided to give everyone a vacation day. I'm sitting on my deck and drinking a beer in the beautiful sunshine!) It's very possible that the folks responsible for sending out decisions, update application statuses, etc., are not working today.

I love unscheduled leaves, one doesn't feel guilty for them. They are better than chucking a sickie. Beer and sunshine... BBQ missing. 

Hello all. As the season draws to a close, and many people getting offers from many places, please dont forget to update funding information at: 

http://www.phdstipends.com/

It will go a long way to help a lot of people in many admission cycles to come.

5 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I still haven't heard back yet from American University even though I've seen tons of people get a decision already. They keep telling me week after week to wait until the next week. I'm starting to lose hope. :(

Same here, Whats your program?

5 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I still haven't heard back yet from American University even though I've seen tons of people get a decision already. They keep telling me week after week to wait until the next week. I'm starting to lose hope. :(

Thanks God i found someone to talk this about. I applied to Public Pol/Adm. Got told at 12th feb, acceptances will go out in ten days. Emailed ast week to check and got replied file under consideration and review process is ongoing!