Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

10 hours ago, kafcat said:

Did you get waitlisted ? 

No idea. I haven't heard anything from them. I check my status each day, and it still says "out for decision." I assume I'm on some sort of informal waitlist, but this is getting ridiculous.

18 hours ago, yasir8959 said:

American? Me too. 

No, George Mason. I heard from American (SIS) in mid February.

On 3/26/2016 at 5:52 PM, doubledyno said:

Committed to UNC-Chapel Hill today after a visit on Monday that went great. Anyone else who ends up committing there and is looking to chat (or for a roommate) feel free to send me a PM. And thanks to everyone in this thread for the entertainment - I hope to work with you in the future!

I too have decided to commit to UNC. One of the hardest decisions I ever made.

On 4/1/2016 at 10:16 AM, kwils76 said:

Anyone planning on declining an offer from UNC Chapel Hill?
Or have any idea how long this wait list is?

Trying to judge my chance of getting off it............

I recently declined my offer. I hope that frees up a spot for you! :)

Fully funded offer at UGA :D

Still haven't heard anything at all from American. I emailed the Grad Director and he told me that they still hadn't even made admissions decisions.

Edited by Sbrail2

3 hours ago, kwils76 said:

!!!! can i ask your subfield?

I'm in AP; hoping this works out!

EDIT: I should add that I also expressed interest in public policy, so even if you're not an Americanist, this could help!

Edited by fishing4funds

14 minutes ago, fishing4funds said:

EDIT: I should add that I also expressed interest in public policy, so even if you're not an Americanist, this could help!

Ahh OK; I do comparative public policy so fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the good vibes and I'll post an update either way! After all, even if it's not me then someone else will be made very happy by this regardless :)

2 hours ago, Sbrail2 said:

Fully funded offer at UGA :D

Still haven't heard anything at all from American. I emailed the Grad Director and he told me that they still hadn't even made admissions decisions.

Whats your program at American?

12 hours ago, studugarte said:

Confirmed my PhD position at King's College with a full scholarship and tuition from the ESRC.
Also have to do an obligatory study abroad semester at either UNC Chapel Hill or University of Singapore,

Hi there! I committed to UNC Chapel Hill for my PhD and you should definitely study there. It is a wonderful place, a great campus, and we have quite a few foreign students there. When I met them on my visitation, they were kind and interesting as was everyone. I do hope you consider studying at UNC.  

21 hours ago, pinkflamingo said:

If anyone has been accepted to the University of Illinois and doesn't plan to attend, please inform the department promptly. I have been waitlisted and would really like to attend this school!

That means you should have at most, one offer to decide on, right?

same here about uiuc and also ucr. I wish one of them could turn back before i accept university of kentucky.

23 hours ago, pinkflamingo said:

If anyone has been accepted to the University of Illinois and doesn't plan to attend, please inform the department promptly. I have been waitlisted and would really like to attend this school!

On 4/5/2016 at 6:49 PM, fishing4funds said:

Just wanted to update that this morning I was notified that I am ACCEPTED off the wait list at UNC!!!!

Couldn't be more thrilled; full funding package to follow Monday and I'm expecting to accept immediately upon receiving it!!!!

4 hours ago, kwils76 said:

Just wanted to update that this morning I was notified that I am ACCEPTED off the wait list at UNC!!!!

Couldn't be more thrilled; full funding package to follow Monday and I'm expecting to accept immediately upon receiving it!!!!

It's awesome. Congrats!

7 hours ago, kwils76 said:

Yay, congrats!

1 minute ago, PizzaCat93 said:

Just accepted my offer at UNC! 

I got off the wait list over the weekend as well, and will also be accepting!
Did you receive the official correspondence today? Was told Saturday to expect it today but haven't gotten it yet...