Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

13 hours ago, 130 said:

Have a lot of people heard from Stanford Psychology?  I feel like I saw some invites a while back for Social/Personality, but what about other areas, like Affective Science or Neural Science?

Yes, both affective and neuro have sent out invites, can't say they've all been sent out though. 

I found this article online while I was trying to figure out what questions I should ask graduate students and what things I should pay attention to during program visits.  I think it's pretty helpful:

https://tenureshewrote.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/prospective-students-and-lab-culture/

3 hours ago, hahaha1234 said:

I found this article online while I was trying to figure out what questions I should ask graduate students and what things I should pay attention to during program visits.  I think it's pretty helpful:

https://tenureshewrote.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/prospective-students-and-lab-culture/

Great article! I'd been wondering how to ask about that kind of thing. Thanks for passing it along!

3 minutes ago, Wunderkindling said:

School Name: Emory University

Date interview invite received: 1/13-ish

Degree: PhD

Program: Clinical Psychology

Notified Via: Phone call

Interview Date: 2/4-6

Do you know whether all invites have been sent out, or if a mass email or anything along those lines has been sent out?

9 minutes ago, lam1234 said:

Do you know whether all invites have been sent out, or if a mass email or anything along those lines has been sent out?

From what I can tell, most--if not all--have been sent. I believe they send out 20-25 invites and have a waiting list of a similar size. I received a follow up email the next day with specifics, and I imagine others did as well. 

ALSO: anyone else who is going, feel free to PM me! 

On 1/23/2016 at 2:17 PM, pink_freud said:

School Name: University of Pittsburgh

Date interview invite received: 1/22

Program: Clinical Psychology

Notified Via: Phone

Interview Date: 2/19-2/21

Congratulations on the invite! I also applied to University of Pittsburgh, would you be comfortable sharing your POI?

On 1/19/2016 at 4:50 PM, psych88 said:

School Name: University of New Mexico
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/18/16
Type: Clinical Psychology 
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: Phone Interview next week

Hey there Psych88. I am currently at UNM just finishing my masters. I am in Educational Psychology, but have taken a bunch of courses through the Psychology department as well as the Stats department. I know most of the researchers and would be happy to answer any questions you have about UNM and Albuquerque. I'm curious to know who your potential POI is.

PM me if you like.

12 hours ago, ContainsCaffeine said:

Congratulations on the invite! I also applied to University of Pittsburgh, would you be comfortable sharing your POI?

sure. i will PM you. if anyone else is interested, please just PM me.

15 minutes ago, KG11217 said:

Has anyone heard from University of Rochester or University of Denver (PhD) ???

I heard from U of Rochester at the end of December for the social psychology PhD program. Interview weekend is the weekend of February 5th. 

1 minute ago, jre2016 said:

I heard from U of Rochester at the end of December for the social psychology PhD program. Interview weekend is the weekend of February 5th. 

Wondering about clinical, but I am sure it was the same time frame.. Thanks for the feedback!

2 hours ago, EWDREX said:

Anyone heard from Rutger's Clinical PhD? 

Please PM your POI if you've heard/feel comfortable.

Thanks!

I still have "No decision" for my application status, but I saw elsewhere someone posted the interview date as 2/12.

Does anyone know if the University of Virginia's (Curry School) Clinical and School Psychology Ph.D. program has sent out all of their invites? I've seen some postings on the results page, but the website also says they'll notify applicants by "late January"... so I guess technically I have a couple more days *fingers crossed* 

Also if you have heard from UVA and would be willing to PM me your POI it would be much appreciated!

School Name: University of California, Irvine

Date interview invite received: 1/26

Program: Cognitive Sciences

Notified Via: Email

Interview Date: 3/2

Really surprised by this invite. I figured that if I hadn't heard anything by now, the answer was no, but I guess this program just does things a little later than others.