Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

School Name: Tufts University
Interview Invite Received: 1/27/16
Degree
: PhD
Type: Psychology & Cognitive Science
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: 1/29/16
Additional Info: Email from POI requesting Skype interview this week. Does not sound like an official interview request; unsure whether there are official in-person interviews conducted at the school.

Please PM for the name of POI or other details. Thanks!

School Name: University of New Orleans
Interview Invite Received: 1/29/16
Degree
Type: Applied Developmental
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: 2/1/16, phone interview
Additional Info: I'm super excited!

School Name: Tufts University
Interview Invite Received: 2/1/16
Degree
Type: Joint Psychology & Cognitive Science
Notified via: Skype with POI
Interview Date: 2/21-2/22
Additional Info: During Skype interview, POI extended an invitation to the official interview weekend which will be taking place 2/21-2/22. More details will be sent closer to interview date.

Please PM for the name of POI.

1 minute ago, refreshingmyemail said:

School Name: University of Virginia 
Interview Invite Received:1/29/2016
Degree: PhD
Type: Community Psych
Interview dates: 2/11-2/13
Notified via: Email

Do you know if the other programs have sent all invites out?

52 minutes ago, neuro_queen said:

Do you know if the other programs have sent all invites out?

I had a phone interview with my POI and was invited afterwards to the recruitment weekend for the Clinical Psych program as well (same dates).

2 minutes ago, bellreavue said:

Has anyone heard about interview dates for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for Psychology?

I understand that there was no official interview weekend at UIUC, and most acceptances have already been extended. This is what I was told by a user on here who was accepted to the program.

To the person who received an interview invite to University of New Mexico: Did you do a preliminary phone interview before your official invitation? Who is your POI? Did they give you any indication as to when all the other invites would be sent out? Thanks! (feel free to answer only some of my questions)

47 minutes ago, lam1234 said:

To the person who received an interview invite to University of New Mexico: Did you do a preliminary phone interview before your official invitation? Who is your POI? Did they give you any indication as to when all the other invites would be sent out? Thanks! (feel free to answer only some of my questions)

I'd love this info too. Could you pm me too? (If you don't just post the responses)

13 hours ago, refreshingmyemail said:

I believe so my POI said that was the official interview weekend.

I applied to the sensory and systems program and had figured invites went out a while ago until I saw some posts in the results from the other programs. Thanks!

On 1/27/2016 at 11:56 AM, Aminoacidalanine said:

Has anyone heard from these clinical programs: Boston, Texas Austin, Queen's (Canadian University), and McGill (also Canadian)?

Any update on UT Austin's clinical program interview invites? The website says emails will be sent "early February" so I'm trying to gauge when to lose hope.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, AcceptanceOrBust said:

Any update on UT Austin's clinical program interview invites? The website says emails will be sent "early February" so I'm trying to gauge when to lose hope.  Thanks!

I haven't heard from them yet. Don't lose hope and maybe follow up with your POI!

On January 26, 2016 at 7:41 PM, EdNeuroGrl said:

Hey there Psych88. I am currently at UNM just finishing my masters. I am in Educational Psychology, but have taken a bunch of courses through the Psychology department as well as the Stats department. I know most of the researchers and would be happy to answer any questions you have about UNM and Albuquerque. I'm curious to know who your potential POI is.

PM me if you like.

Yeah Psych88 I am also really eager to know who your POI is if you don't mind PM me as well :)Please! 

Who's headed to Rutgers clinical psych interview day tomorrow Or the alternate next week. Or Social Psych's interview day next Friday? 

If you are see ya next friday! Congrats. Relax. Practice. And tell them you will accept if offered. 

On 2/10/2016 at 3:34 PM, psyc2016 said:

Does anyone want to claim the NYU Social Psyc interview? Would be eager to know who your POI is if you're willing to share, or even just when their in-person interviews are.

Their interview dates are Feb 26th and March 4th. They invited 20 students for an interview and has a plan to accept 10-12 of them, about 5 of whom ends up matriculating.

On 2/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, psyc2016 said:

Does anyone want to claim the NYU Social Psyc interview? Would be eager to know who your POI is if you're willing to share, or even just when their in-person interviews are.

They were all sent out. I received a call from POI on Feb 1st. Official days are Feb 26th and Mar 4th. A lot of interviewees couldn't make it to the days, so they have Mar 1st as an alternative date.