Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

School Name: University of Chicago
Interview Invite Received: January 20
Degree: PhD
Type: Cognition
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: February 20-22
Additional Info: Waiting on interview invitation from department.

Not official, but I received an email this evening from the assistant director of admissions at Elmhurst College notifying me that I will be contacted about an "admissions interview" soon, after my final file is reviewed. I've applied to their I/O Masters program. I will update here and on the results page when I have an official interview request!

Oh, and to anyone interviewing for the BA Masters, BATS Masters, OR the IOBM Masters at Western Michigan University, see you there! All of those are listed as being present at some part of interview weekend according to my itinerary. 

17 hours ago, ayerhead said:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Denver PsyD program? I see one result on the admissions list.

DU GSPP has interviews in late February/early March, so interviews probably haven't been out yet. In past years, it's been a phone call invite from one of the professors in the department and I imagine that's how it will be this year too. You can also call the department admin (Julie is awesome) and find out if they know when interviews will go out. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, icantseethespacebar said:

DU GSPP has interviews in late February/early March, so interviews probably haven't been out yet. In past years, it's been a phone call invite from one of the professors in the department and I imagine that's how it will be this year too. You can also call the department admin (Julie is awesome) and find out if they know when interviews will go out. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm starting to see a few invites being reported now, so I think they're just starting. Julie is, indeed, very awesome and helpful (I met with her during the application process). I just wasn't sure if asking would be an okay thing or not. Thanks for the information! :)

Have a lot of people heard from Stanford Psychology?  I feel like I saw some invites a while back for Social/Personality, but what about other areas, like Affective Science or Neural Science?

43 minutes ago, 130 said:

Have a lot of people heard from Stanford Psychology?  I feel like I saw some invites a while back for Social/Personality, but what about other areas, like Affective Science or Neural Science?

Affective science has done skype interviews and made decisions on who they are inviting to the interview weekend.

School Name: University of Chicago
Interview Invite Received: January 22nd
Type: Cognition
Notified via: Email/Phone from POI
Interview Date: February 20-22
Additional Info: Was asked to phone chat on 1/22, so I waited for the actual invite to post on here. Invited me to interview weekend during phone chat! Waiting on departmental email. 

School Name: Indiana State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/2016
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Track: n/a
Notified via: Phone call
Interview Date: 2/12 or 2/19
Additional Info: Follow up email with details to be sent today

On 1/20/2016 at 0:05 PM, S J said:

School Name: University of Virginia
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/20/16
Type: Combined Clinical/School Psychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/5

Congrats on the interview, @S J! Would you mind PMing me who your POI is?

School Name: University of Missouri - Kansas City (UMKC)
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/22/16
Type: Clinical Psychology
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/19

Additional Info: Interview from 9a-3p. If unable to attend, will set up skype/phone interview

School Name: North Carolina State University
Interview Invite Received: January 21st
Type: Applied Social and Community (Formerly Psychology in the Public Interest)
Notified via: Email/phone call from POI
Interview Date: February 19
Additional Info: Was emailed and asked to call my POI ASAP. Had a phone call this morning, extended an invite to visiting weekend/interviewing for TA slot weekend on the 19th. Was told that my POI is recommending me to the grad school to be admitted to the program. So...soft acceptance, I guess? :) 

Has anyone heard from UNC-Chapel Hill?

For those who applied to North Carolina Chapel Hill, did the online status ever change for you from submitted to anything else???

All I have seen on my screen for status is: Successfully submitted  since December, when I sent all materials in...

11 minutes ago, TickFckTock said:

For those who applied to North Carolina Chapel Hill, did the online status ever change for you from submitted to anything else???

All I have seen on my screen for status is: Successfully submitted  since December, when I sent all materials in...

I received an invite to their interview day on January 7th - social area. No change on application.

School Name: Indiana University Bloomington
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/7/16
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: 2/5

School Name: Arizona State University
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/21/16
Type: Developmental
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: 2/19

12 hours ago, 130 said:

11 hours ago, bhsocial said:

Affective science has done skype interviews and made decisions on who they are inviting to the interview weekend.

Does anyone know if Stanford has sent out all its invites for social?

1 hour ago, TickFckTock said:

Check out UNC's website. Looks like all interview invites for clinical have been sent out!