Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

Congrats to everyone!

The past few days have been rather eventful.  Much to my surprise, I've received interview invites from Northwestern, Urbana Champaign, WUSTL, and UCLA.  I applied to cognitive/cognitive neuroscience programs.  I have a lot of background reading and research to do over the next month!

20 hours ago, St0chastic said:

Congrats to everyone!

The past few days have been rather eventful.  Much to my surprise, I've received interview invites from Northwestern, Urbana Champaign, WUSTL, and UCLA.  I applied to cognitive/cognitive neuroscience programs.  I have a lot of background reading and research to do over the next month!

Hi! Congrats on all the interview invites! Was your program at UIUC CogPsy or CN? If it is CogPsy, would you mind sharing (here or PM) your poi and how you received the invite? (Department or poi, email or call, etc)

thanks!!

26 minutes ago, RosyPosy68 said:

Hi! Congrats on all the interview invites! Was your program at UIUC CogPsy or CN? If it is CogPsy, would you mind sharing (here or PM) your poi and how you received the invite? (Department or poi, email or call, etc)

thanks!!

I PM'd you.

I heard from Nebraska (clinical), Iowa and UCLA (experimental). I'm really stoked. It's still early in the month too! Some schools send out their invites around 1/25-ish.

School Name: Northeastern University
Interview Invite Received: 1/7/16
Degree
: PhD
Type: Cognition
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: 2/13
Additional Info: Email from POI. Additional details to be sent from the department. There will be an informal dinner with graduate students the night before the interview. All hotel and travel expenses are covered.

Please PM for the name of POI. Thanks!

Note: POI mentioned that the psych department has finished first round review of all applications, and applicants should hear if they were invited to interview weekend soon!

Edited by SkyLy

School Name: Northwestern- Feinberg School of Medicine
Interview Invite Received: 1/6/16
Degree
: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Email from Clinical Director
Interview Date: 2/8 for Neuropsychology/Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis

Please PM for the name of POI or further questions. Thanks!

I received an interview invitation for Baylor's PsyD in Clinical Psych program today. I saw on the results page that someone else also received an interview if this person is on here... do you mind sharing with me your POI? 

28 minutes ago, vislabgirlx said:

I got an interview invitation for UCLA Behavioral Neuroscience today! My POI called me and gave me the details, and additional details from the department will be sent in the next couple of days. 

Wow, congrats!  I'm really happy for you!  Maybe I'll see you at the recruitment weekend.

On 1/6/2016 at 11:14 PM, St0chastic said:

Congrats to everyone!

can you PM me your POI for WUSTL?

Goodness, just received a departmental interview invitation from Davis.  The message makes it sound like the interviews are rather competitive.  

If anyone applied to both UCLA and Davis, would you mind PM'ing me what your travel plans are?  The interview days are back-to-back, so I'm not sure how to handle logistics.

School Name: University of Louisville
Interview Invite Received: 1/8/16
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical Psychology
Notified via: Email from Program Coordinator
Interview Date: 1/25
Additional Info: There will be an informal dinner with graduate students the night before the interview.