Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

51 minutes ago, daisy27 said:

Congrats, JoePianist! Would you mind PMing me your POI? Also, was the email personalized to you, or did it seem like a mass email? Thanks!

Thank you ^_^ I'm sending you a message right now to answer your questions.

3 hours ago, smith2016 said:

Congratulations! University of Arkansas is my first option, as well. However, I did not hear anything from them, yet. Can you tell me who is your POI or at least in what do you want focus your research? Good Luck in the interview!

I didn't hear from my POI...it was an email and phone call from the director of the clinical program there. Good luck!!

Received two interview invitations this morning:

• Interview Day (Jan. 25th) Invitation from Yale, Cognitive, personal email from POI with follow-up email from the department.
  • Interview Weekend (Feb. 6-8th) Invitation from U Iowa, Cognition and Perception, personal email from POI.
Edited by saiwki

5 hours ago, JoePianist said:

I just received my first interview invite for this application cycle! :lol:

School Name: The University of Alabama At Birmingham (UAB)
Interview Invite Received: 12/22/2015
Degree
: PhD
Type: Medical/Clinical Psychology Doctorate Program
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: Jan. 19-20
Additional Info: Email from the Director of Clinical Training. Interview visit on January 19-20. Dinner with applicants and current students on Jan. 19, and a day of interviews the following morning.

hi & congrats!! I received my first interview invite from UAB this morning too -- so excited! :) 

Edited by eliza.beth

1 hour ago, S.Elizabeth said:

hi & congrats!! I received my first interview invite from UAB this morning too -- so excited! :) 

Yay! Thanks and congrats to you as well. Welcome to the UAB club B)

On 12/21/2015 at 1:52 PM, EdNeuroGrl said:

Just got an invite for a phone interview with the POI at Georgetown Psychology Department's  Lifespan Cognitive Neuroscience program! So excited!

And I'm just gonna freaking die over here. 

Had the phone interview thing today and the conversation opened with telling me I'm at the top of the list... LOL that was unexpected... I'm told to expect the official invite to the interview weekend in the very near future! Woot woot!

To the person who was notified about the University of Nebraska (clinical) today... Would you mind messaging me how you were notified & who your POI was?

Good luck guys Gonna try to make it through the holiday radio silence..guess there's a chance I could still hear from one of my schools tomorrow...

P.S. Anybody hear anything from Northern Illinois? Haven't seen any posts.

1 hour ago, Applicant316 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Ohio State or Vanderbilt Clinical? It looks like they notified people around this time last year.

I haven't heard anything from Vanderbilt - let me know if/when you do!

Edited by Timemachines
Clarification

Congrats to everyone who has already received interview invites!

I wonder what's the likelihood of being accepted to the program if being invited to its visiting weekend? I would really appreciate any advice on how should I prepare for the visiting weekend. Also, I wonder how do you usually deal with scheduling conflicts (i.e., two interviews at the same time, midterm, etc)?

1 hour ago, SIKE32 said:

Has anyone heard from UMemphis? I saw someone post they received an e-mail from their POI with interview questions....

I applied to their clinical program and haven't heard back either! If that person would be open to sharing their POI in a message (or even confirming if they have the same POI as I do), that would be appreciated! 

I have heard of some emails going out to temple clinical psychology applicants. does any know if these emails are from the department or the POI's.  If you would be open to messaging me back, that would be great. Thanks!

2 hours ago, mylifeinshambles said:

Hey guys, not sure if someone already asked this but how are you preparing for visiting weekends? What kind of questions are appropriate to ask the POI and current grad students prior to the interview? 

Right now I am making a list of things that would be really important for me to know in the case that I get multiple offers, though I've already chatted with some of their graduate students... but I know not many people do this tho...

Some of the things I want to know with how they handle challenges graduate students commonly encounter, what they feel their role is in science communication and translational policy is, what they feel their role in teaching "unofficial curriculum" stuff (e.g. learning to socialize in the field, learning healthy and successful behaviors, learning metacognitive skills). I also want to know about their authorship practices, and a decent amount about their thought on research ethics and the role it plays...

I don't know if that helps you think about it, but that has helped me boil down what I need to get out of interviews.

10 hours ago, mylifeinshambles said:

Hey guys, not sure if someone already asked this but how are you preparing for visiting weekends? What kind of questions are appropriate to ask the POI and current grad students prior to the interview? 

I did a search on the forums and found topics with questions the POI or other grad students may ask applicants and questions applicants may want to ask the POI and other grad students.  I've been adding my own questions as they come up and pondering my answers.

School Name: The University of Iowa
Interview Invite Received: 12/30/2015
Degree
: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: 2/6-2/8
Additional Info: Email from the POI. A graduate student representative will be in touch to assist with travel logistics.

Congrats to everyone who has received notifications from schools of acceptances, and interview invites!!!!

:lol:

:ph34r:

I'm still eagerly waiting for responses of interviews, acceptance, or rejections from :

UNC-CH Clinical Psych

UAB Med/Clinical Psych

UCSB Clinical School Psych

USC PhD Clinical Science Psych

Wheaton Psy.D

Pepperdine Psy D.

Hopefully the New Year brings good news!

XYZ university contact every one in the mid of december for an interview; apparently, the same day. What should expect if they do not email nor call me? Does it mean that I was not accepted or I will receive a rejection letter?

Please, help me! this waiting is killing me.

2 hours ago, smith2016 said:

Does it mean that I was not accepted or I will receive a rejection letter?

That's the beauty of these forums. If you see that interviews went out and you weren't invited for one, you get a soft rejection earlier than when official rejection letters finally go out. Sometimes they are around March, but a lot of times you don't hear anything until April 15th (or even worse when you get an actual letter in the mail mid-summer when you're smack dab in the middle of an existential crisis. Not that I've been there or anything, haha) It also stinks, but at least you don't have to wait as long.