Interview/Interview Invitation Thread

On 1/14/2016 at 6:49 AM, SIKE32 said:

Has anyone heard from University of Denver clinical child program?

On 1/14/2016 at 7:52 AM, Mcklock said:

I haven't heard back, nor have I seen anyone post about it. 

I spoke to my POI and was told decisions about interviews will be made this week and next, and we should probably hear by the end of next week. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, icantseethespacebar said:

I spoke to my POI and was told decisions about interviews will be made this week and next, and we should probably hear by the end of next week. Good luck!

I'm not in the clinical program but I had an interview with my POI for Affective Psychology and he said the same thing.

I had a Skype interview today for UC Santa Cruz Cognitive Psychology. They don't do an interview weekend, so I'm pretty sure the interview today was it. 

I was actually notified of this interview roughly 1.5 weeks ago, but I forgot to post about it! 

3 hours ago, homonculus said:

Maybe a spreadsheet in Google docs would be better (like the funding spreadsheet)?

Great idea!  Here's a Google Sheets link for a list of the running list of interview date just in case anyone wants to use that avenue to search/update. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nr3EjkYFVFQVh-_iCUwI2yDi0IFijurVdU2LyGHRMdI/edit?usp=sharing

On 1/15/2016 at 8:18 PM, Psych_Major0123 said:

While I am not 100% sure, I don't think so. I work in a social lab so I know they are still considering applications. And I know that the interviews this past weekend were only for clinical. Good luck & Gig' em! :)

Got my interview offer today! :)

Does anyone have any info on the timelines for U Arizona or U Texas at Austin clinical programs? Haven't seen anything but one interview I think for UT Austin in December. 

Edited by Applicant38

2 hours ago, Applicant38 said:

Does anyone have any info on the timelines for U Arizona or U Texas at Austin clinical programs? Haven't seen anything but one interview I think for UT Austin in December. 

My poi at UT Austin said they review during January and send out invites in February but I think it all depends on the POI (as described by the DCT)

On January 15, 2016 at 3:36 PM, vislabgirlx said:

I had a Skype interview today for UC Santa Cruz Cognitive Psychology. They don't do an interview weekend, so I'm pretty sure the interview today was it. 

I was actually notified of this interview roughly 1.5 weeks ago, but I forgot to post about it! 

Hey, congrats on the interview!

I also skype interviewed with my POI at UCSC (developmental) 2 weeks ago but I wasn't aware that they weren't doing an interview weekend. Did your POI tell you that they weren't doing one? So much more pressure knowing that the skype interview was the only one they'll be doing! 

Also, I was told I'd hear back within 2 weeks but haven't heard anything yet. Did your POI give you any details about when they would send out decisions? 

Thanks & good luck! 

Edited by asimov

3 hours ago, asimov said:

Hey, congrats on the interview!

I also skype interviewed with my POI at UCSC (developmental) 2 weeks ago but I wasn't aware that they weren't doing an interview weekend. Did your POI tell you that they weren't doing one? So much more pressure knowing that the skype interview was the only one they'll be doing! 

Also, I was told I'd hear back within 2 weeks but haven't heard anything yet. Did your POI give you any details about when they would send out decisions? 

Thanks & good luck! 

My POI told me that he is recommending me for admission and that if I "happen to be visiting Santa Cruz" that I should come and see the campus, so I assumed that means that they aren't doing an interview weekend. And no, he did not give any details about when decisions would be sent out, but I might email him to ask since I am curious to know, too. 

Good luck to you, too! 

13 hours ago, pittpanther said:

Does anyone know if VCU, Indiana-Bloomington, or South Carolina-Columbia are still sending out interview invites for their clinical programs?

School name: Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)

Interview Invite Received: January 8th

Degree: PhD

Program: Clinical Psychology, Behavioral Medicine

Notified via: Phone call from Program Coordinator

Date: 1/29 or 2/26

School name: Rutgers University

Interview Invite Received: January 18th

Degree: PhD

Program: Social Psychology

Notified via: Phone call from POI

Date: 2/18 - 2/20

Hey! Just if anyone is still waiting for American or UNCG, I got the following feedback:

American-All invites for the first date (January 29th) have been extended but not yet completed for the second date.

UNCG- They have started sending out invites, but not finished yet. They hope to finish by the end of the week. 

Good luck!

School Name: University of Maryland - Baltimore County (UMBC)
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/15/16
Type: Clinical Psychology (HSSP)
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 2/19/2016
Additional Info: Social event the evening before. Also mentioned possibility of phone/Skype interview if travel can not be arranged

School Name: Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/19/2016
Type: Clinical Psychology, PhD
Interview Date: 3/4/2016
Additional Info: My best friend currently is in the clinical psych program at IIT, so if anyone has questions feel free to private message me! 

Anyone else out there interviewing at IIT for clinical psych? I'm interested to see if I have any common POIs with anyone. 

Also, does anyone have information pertaining to interviews at WUSTL, Emory, Michigan State University, University of New Mexico, UNC-chapel hill, or Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science for clinical psych programs only? I'm interested to see if I have any POIs in commons with someone! 

Edited by Johnic73

School Name: University of Rhode Island
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/19/16
Type: Clinical Psychology 
Interview Date: 2/15  

13 minutes ago, psych88 said:

School Name: University of New Mexico
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/18/16
Interview Date: Phone Interview next week

psyc88, would you mind private messaging the POI or what area of research he/she is involved with? 

59 minutes ago, psych88 said:

School Name: University of New Mexico
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/18/16
Interview Date: Phone Interview next week

47 minutes ago, Centre2012 said:

School Name: University of Rhode Island
Interview Date: 2/15  

Would the two of you mind pming me your POIs as well?  Thanks :)

School Name: University of Windsor
Type: Clinical Psychology, Neuropsychology Track 
Interview Date: Skype in the next two weeks