Who have not heard back yet?

porcorosso

I haven't been officially rejected from one school, but they have given out two waves of acceptances, and the last wave was February 19th.

I assume, because it has been so long since the last wave of acceptances, that they are waiting to hear back from the first two waves before they make a decision on me. I was anticipating a rejection a few days after February 19th, but I did not receive anything.

My application was somewhat fringe for the school, and the school tries to only extend fully funded offers, and it's an MA program. Additionally, it is written in their FAQ that they give out decisions in late February or March, so the dream is still alive hopefully. I think they are waiting to see if the money shakes down from the first wave of applicants before they can do anything, but I'm still unsure. And I'm also unsure if it will shake down, as it was fully funded MA offers for the first two waves. Although it feels like, from their stats, that they could have also gotten funded PhD offers from mid-range programs, and that's probably also what the department might be considering.

I was very lucky to get accepted to one program in late January, so this whole cycle has been at least with me knowing that I'll be going somewhere.

22 hours ago, mikeck said:

I haven't been officially rejected from one school, but they have given out two waves of acceptances, and the last wave was February 19th.

I assume, because it has been so long since the last wave of acceptances, that they are waiting to hear back from the first two waves before they make a decision on me.

I am in the same situation as you with most of my programs, and it seems many other contributors here are too. And I feel very lucky to have been accepted to a very nice choice, although I am still hoping to hear good news from my #1.

Good luck!

On 2016/2/29 at 10:44 PM, Hecate said:

Oops, I suppose my message was super confusing. I'm actually not applying to MCC this time around. I'm an international and I just can't afford to do an MA in the US. Sticking to Québec and its low tuition for my MA. :) But I'm already planning my list of schools for PhDs in a couple years, and it's definitely up there! Either way good luck to you!

Good luck to everybody else also! It's getting closer, hopefully we should hear very soon. Stay strong guys!

Just got my very first offer from Columbia TC, MA in communication and education with a 25% scholarship/yr. Not very interested in the courses tho. Waiting for other results but still super excited to have finally heard back from admission office! 

Top choice - They emailed me and said they'd finish reviewing my application last week and I'd get a decision shortly after. It's their spring break right now and I'm not holding my breath that I'll hear anything tomorrow, but it would be nice. Well, nice as long as it is an acceptance.

2nd school -  Rejected last Friday.

3rd school - I am almost positive I will be rejected just on space issues alone. I think I would have to turn it down anyway but it would be nice to do it on MY terms rather than get rejected. :lol: But I'd like to hear *something* from them.

4th school - Not a peep from them since I turned in my application. Just crickets chirping everywhere. And it doesn't seem like they are the most efficient at several things either. Definitely not my top pick, but I can't say I'd be thrilled with the feeling of getting a rejection. Still, some communication...ANY communication...would be nice.

I have gotten interview/recruitment visits for two Universities. However the remaining four have been completely silent - including the school I did my undergrad at (I was told I was a shoe in and to do it for a back up, those nuggets!). I haven't been officially rejected but I suspsect I won't be getting in since March is starting to come to a close.

Of the interview/recruitment weekend invitiations, those two Universities were my top picks anyways from what I knew about the program. Very good programs, very good research, awesome advisors and faculty. So I'm pretty excited! I've been officially accepted at one and waiting for the final word on the other - should hear back sometime this week  

I still am going to wait a while to hear from the other schools of course, but I am thinking about sending an inquire email soon on the chance they have rejected me and haven't notified me yet. 

Edited by CornUltimatum

On 3/9/2016 at 11:53 AM, med latte said:

Yessssss! I'm in! The email came early this morning. I've been walking around in a daze with a big, goofy grin. 

Good luck to others who are still waiting! 

Congratulations! My dream is to be able to say that one day soon!

Still waiting on my joint number 1 choice!  Very annoying, not that I would attend because I'd be burning a very important bridge to do so.  However, it's my longest application wait (Dec 1 due date) so it's getting mildly irritating that it's taking 3.5 months to review MAYBE 5-600 applications, and they've been doing this for close to 20 years, you figure they'd have a method to expedite the process a little bit.  Further, little hints on the results board from previous years shows that applicants heard about accepts/rejects in early February, and they have since updated their website from "Applications for Dec. 2015 are now closed" to "We welcome you to apply for Dec. 2016"...I know it's a simple matter of deleting one sentence and re-writing a new one, but it makes me think they've chosen their candidates and me and my office who applied for the same program are in some dumb limbo!

I applied to the Masters in Criminal Justice program at NMSU for Fall 2016. Deadline for this particular program was 1 February, although the overall school's deadline was 1 March.  It's only been 15 days and I'm already anxious, lol. I just keep thinking of the 1 Feb deadline, but then calm myself down by remembering the official deadline was only 2 weeks ago.

My oldest daughter is finishing her freshman year at NMSU so of course I had to joke with her and say "maybe we'll have a class together", figuring I'd get the eye roll or the "omg mom", lol. Surprisingly, she said, "maybe we can graduate together!".  She was serious too! :D

14 minutes ago, Sweetpea739703 said:

I applied to the Masters in Criminal Justice program at NMSU for Fall 2016. Deadline for this particular program was 1 February, although the overall school's deadline was 1 March.  It's only been 15 days and I'm already anxious, lol. I just keep thinking of the 1 Feb deadline, but then calm myself down by remembering the official deadline was only 2 weeks ago.

My oldest daughter is finishing her freshman year at NMSU so of course I had to joke with her and say "maybe we'll have a class together", figuring I'd get the eye roll or the "omg mom", lol. Surprisingly, she said, "maybe we can graduate together!".  She was serious too! :D

This is the greatest story to cope with the waiting! Hope you get into the program you applied. 

I was told the department started to review my application on the 3rd. I had met with some of the staff the day before they got my application and was told they probably wouldn't make a decision until after spring break; so at the earliest, next week. I saw that the University has rolled out a lot of decisions over the past two days, although none from the department I applied to and I keep getting freak emails about financial aid and campus vists, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Ugh. I have a much better chance with this program than I did with a different one at the same university I was denied admission to last year, but even though they are totally different areas I am weary about what happened last year happening again. I hate waiting! Lol

Edited by thepinkdragon76
Typo

Has anyone ever contacted a department to find out the status of their application? I am debating doing that, I've heard from all but one school which is my first choice.

5 minutes ago, Kingace said:

Has anyone ever contacted a department to find out the status of their application? I am debating doing that, I've heard from all but one school which is my first choice.

I did last year and I think it annoyed them. I was rejected soon after. I think just depends on the school and their turnover time for applications. If they are on spring break I'd wait until the end of next week.

Edited by thepinkdragon76

3 minutes ago, marycaryne said:

I'm still waiting on three. One released their undergrad decisions today, so maybe now they can tell me their decision for me. :-P

Like you I am not in a position to move anywhere so.... I applied to one school and am at their mercy. I was applying to a backup but one of my recommender's fell through so it hasn't been submitted. Plus, I really want the one I'm waiting on. It's like Torture!

Applied to the one program that was online, in my field, and within my price range.

*tumbleweeds*

*crickets*

*a door creaking forlornly off in the distance*

I'm going to need some Xanax and some Zantac. 

When I started this process I wasn't sure I wanted to leave my job and current lifestyle for graduate school. However, the longer I wait, the more certain I become that I need this opportunity to earn a phd. It's madness. 

Applied to 7 master's in computer engineering:

• 2 came back with offer but no funding (USC early-Mar and UCSD late-Feb)
  • 1 with rejection (Berkeley, mid-Feb)
  • 4 still no news (UCLA, UT Austin, UC Irvine, Stanford).

I don't know as of now whether I should be worried or elated. At least I'm not on the chopping block yet for Stanford.

I am an international student. I have applied to 7 schools and have been formally rejected from 3. One of them has put me on a waiting list and has mentioned that it is unlikely that they will give me an offer. The other schools have sent offers to other candidates but I haven't heard anything from them. I have applied for a PhD in Physics. My scores are good except for my undergrad GPA. I have emailed the remaining schools but didn't get any replies. I am losing all hope. Was really looking forward to get into some school.

7 hours ago, Kingace said:

I just emailed one of the professors that I've been in contact with since last August, about my application and will be emailing others later this week.