On 3/28/2016 at 5:58 PM, dunord said:

Hey all, I might be a little late to the party but I'm currently waitlisted at U of Minnesota and U of Iowa (both for the English PhDs)! I'd love to get into MN, but I'm not really sure how movement is looking so far. I'd go to either...but if there's no waitlist movement I'll probably be at Boston College for a masters....I'm nervous!

I'm waitlisted at Minnesota too. No movement so far this year and it's brutal. What's your area?

12 minutes ago, Mattie Roh said:

I'm waitlisted at Minnesota too. No movement so far this year and it's brutal. What's your area?

I'm in Modernism! It's agonizing to wait like this.

If someone is waiting on the wait list for funding for UNCG, I just declined my funded offer there (I was on the "top tier" of a wait list for funding there). I am also 99.99999% sure I will be declining my offer to UNC-Chapel Hill, for anyone who's still waiting there. I will be officially declining tomorrow if I do.

17 hours ago, dunord said:

I'm in Modernism! It's agonizing to wait like this.

I'm 18th/19th century. They've indicated that it's been a weird year for them and the wait list. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon!

Ok, this isn't a lot of info, but it's something. I was given confirmation by U of Arizona that I "was one of a small number of applicants about whom we were reserving our decision" but that "it's recently become clear that we will not be able to admit you to the program this year," which I take to mean (but could be wrong) to mean that I was sort of pseudo-waitlisted and that however their process shakes out, they already have the commitments they want/need, or at least the commitments that they want/need in my area. For the record, I did not appreciate getting this news on April 2, I had to follow-up 3 times just to get an answer and does anyone really think I'm going to factor in a place like that in my decision-making with T-minus 13 days to go?  Not me! I had actually already crossed them off my list, as my signature attests, and just wanted them to not be so rude. I also wonder if maybe it's a little bit of BS since they could have just told me I was waitlisted like the billions of others. Unimpressed and good riddance, wasn't going there anyway.

In other news, I was admitted off the waitlist to DU, so movement does happen! I still haven't heard anything from University of Victoria, UC-SB, UVA, or Mizzou. I have reason to suspect that the UVic option is a no-go, since I was given a staged timeline for when I would be able to know, and both dates have come and gone long ago. And it's radio silence on the other 3, not holding my breath and already excited and happy about Purdue...it was pointed out to me, however, that someone declined Mizzou on the results board, and I will be removing myself from that list and the others pretty soon, so hopefully that will pave the way for others still waiting. Good luck, waiters! 

3 hours ago, EmmaJava said:

Ok, this isn't a lot of info, but it's something. I was given confirmation by U of Arizona that I "was one of a small number of applicants about whom we were reserving our decision" but that "it's recently become clear that we will not be able to admit you to the program this year," which I take to mean (but could be wrong) to mean that I was sort of pseudo-waitlisted and that however their process shakes out, they already have the commitments they want/need, or at least the commitments that they want/need in my area. For the record, I did not appreciate getting this news on April 2, I had to follow-up 3 times just to get an answer and does anyone really think I'm going to factor in a place like that in my decision-making with T-minus 13 days to go?  Not me! I had actually already crossed them off my list, as my signature attests, and just wanted them to not be so rude. I also wonder if maybe it's a little bit of BS since they could have just told me I was waitlisted like the billions of others. Unimpressed and good riddance, wasn't going there anyway.

In other news, I was admitted off the waitlist to DU, so movement does happen! I still haven't heard anything from University of Victoria, UC-SB, UVA, or Mizzou. I have reason to suspect that the UVic option is a no-go, since I was given a staged timeline for when I would be able to know, and both dates have come and gone long ago. And it's radio silence on the other 3, not holding my breath and already excited and happy about Purdue...it was pointed out to me, however, that someone declined Mizzou on the results board, and I will be removing myself from that list and the others pretty soon, so hopefully that will pave the way for others still waiting. Good luck, waiters! 

I agree with you completely about the "not being so rude" thing. I can't imagine why schools wait till April just to tell you finally that you're rejected. I'm in the same situation and I have already e-mailed them yesterday and no reply. What are they possibly waiting for? 

On 2016. 3. 30. at 1:33 AM, Mattie Roh said:

I'm 18th/19th century. They've indicated that it's been a weird year for them and the wait list. Fingers crossed that we hear something soon!

I've been waitlisted too (19th/19th century) ! Hope we get to hear some good news. 

Rhet/Comp here: just turned down offers from the following. Hope this helps somebody out, they're all great programs :)

Washington State University (English)

University of Oklahoma (Rhetoric/Comp)

Illinois State University (English- Rhetoric track)

Anyone heard from the waitlist at CU Boulder for their MA?  I'm postcolonial, but I'm not sure how much weight specific areas of study hold in MA admissions decisions.

In off the waitlist at LSU. If anyone has a particularly positive or negative story/anecdote/blatantly unsourced rumor to share about LSU, I'm all ears. Congrats to all getting good news this week, or next.