1 hour ago, southernspeechie said:

Me neither. She heard back yesterday. :(

Huh. I really just thought they wouldn't send decisions until after spring break. I'm not sure how decisions are sent out, if it's all at once or in waves, but I'm hoping it will come in waves!

33 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Huh. I really just thought they wouldn't send decisions until after spring break. I'm not sure how decisions are sent out, if it's all at once or in waves, but I'm hoping it will come in waves!

Don't you go to Bama? Try and find out!

Just now, southernspeechie said:

Don't you go to Bama? Try and find out!

Haha I will work on it. I've already texted my friend who works in graduate admission but she is not texting back :rolleyes: I'll try to ask around on Monday too. 

@southernspeechie So I talked to one of the clinical supervisors today, and she said we will be hearing back by the end of next week :rolleyes:. The adcom is making final decisions on "borderline applicants" this week. Notifications will come in the mail. She said there's a small chance they will come at the end of this week, but probably don't expect anything before next week. I just wish they could let us know so I could move on with my life. I also heard that sometimes the portal is updated before the letters come, so next week I will be checking every day haha

Did anyone who applied/got accepted at Jacksonville apply for the six-semester program? I received an email from them stating they'll have a decision for me by the first week of April (which does that mean by the 1st or 8th lol) and am wondering whether that impacts it since they likely only have so many placements available. 

44 minutes ago, PinkSpeech said:

Did anyone who applied/got accepted at Jacksonville apply for the six-semester program? I received an email from them stating they'll have a decision for me by the first week of April (which does that mean by the 1st or 8th lol) and am wondering whether that impacts it since they likely only have so many placements available. 

Hi! Was there more than one type of program at JU? I applied for their regular program I guess. I think it is 5 semesters in total, but maybe I am wrong!

15 minutes ago, jdb10c said:

Hi! Was there more than one type of program at JU? I applied for their regular program I guess. I think it is 5 semesters in total, but maybe I am wrong!

It's the same program/application but they have an optional 6th semester specialization. When I asked them about it, they said to make sure I included my desire to do it in my application in order for them to be able to arrange placements. I'm worried that if a lot of people included this then maybe they won't have enough placements, so they wouldn't offer everyone who wanted to do it admission. 

28 minutes ago, arcuatefasciculus8 said:

Schools with deadlines after the Alabama schools have already made their decisions.  Make your decisions so students can make theirs.  Good grief!  I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Sorry for venting!

I agree. It's so frustrating and really inconsiderate of our time. If UA really doesn't let us know until the end of next week that barely gives me two weeks with all my options in front of me to decide. <_<

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, PinkSpeech said:

It's the same program/application but they have an optional 6th semester specialization. When I asked them about it, they said to make sure I included my desire to do it in my application in order for them to be able to arrange placements. I'm worried that if a lot of people included this then maybe they won't have enough placements, so they wouldn't offer everyone who wanted to do it admission. 

Sorry for the late response! I literally have no idea about this! Have you tried calling them yet? I think they are just sending out acceptances in waves right now!

@southernspeechie I was accepted to Auburn and most likely accepting it as well. I really love the school and the program. Do you know if there is a deposit required when we commit? Also have you looked into apartments yet?

GRE scores: 152 V. 157 Q. 4.0 W

GPA (60 hours and up): 3.83

Applied: Florida State University, Auburn University, University of Florida, University of South Florida, University of Central Florida

Accepted: Auburn University

Wait Listed: University of Florida, University of South Florida, Florida State University

I still haven't heard from Bama, Southern Miss, Central Florida, or Ole Miss.. Any news about when we will hear from those schools? I saw someone post about how Alabama is this week. I got rejected from Florida State and South Alabama so I am getting really nervous. 

2 minutes ago, SLPbeachie said:

I still haven't heard from Bama, Southern Miss, Central Florida, or Ole Miss.. Any news about when we will hear from those schools? I saw someone post about how Alabama is this week. I got rejected from Florida State and South Alabama so I am getting really nervous. 

I got a letter this past Friday saying that I was placed on the alternate list at USM. 

34 minutes ago, gosparkgo said:

How did South Alabama notify y'all? I probably won't end up going there, but I haven't heard anything from them yet 

They just sent out emails. I got mine yesterday saying that I was on the alternate list. 

Has anyone had "warm" welcomes from their accepting schools?  I've had a range from super-long email + physical mailed info packet to just a short congrats, we accept you.  Unfortunately, the school I had my sights on is the later.  I kind of want to receive a packet of information and welcome letter in the mail after waiting months for them to decide my fait.  Maybe that's just me?

6 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

Haven't heard from FAU, Nova Southeastern, or Jacksonville University in FL. Has anyone heard anything?

I was accepted to Jacksonville University, but I think they are sending out decisions in waves!