22 hours ago, jerseyspeechie said:

Haven't heard from FAU, Nova Southeastern, or Jacksonville University in FL. Has anyone heard anything?

I emailed Jacksonville last week and received this email in return:

I hope you are doing well. I apologize for our delay! Due to a high volume of applications, the review process is taking a little longer than anticipated. We will send out all admissions decisions by the first week of April and they will be sent out via email. Feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime!

Guess we'll be hearing by next week. Good luck!!

On March 29, 2016 at 0:13 PM, MJ422 said:

They just sent out emails. I got mine yesterday saying that I was on the alternate list. 

I received an email less than an hour after I asked that haha. I'm turning them down for Baylor, so hopefully that will help you out if you're still considering them!

Edited by gosparkgo

43 minutes ago, gosparkgo said:

I received an email less than an hour after I asked that haha. I'm turning them down for Baylor, so hopefully that will help you out if you're still considering them!

Lol well at least you found it. Yeah, hopefully I'll hear something from them. Thank you! 

On March 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM, BamaBelle said:

I was just told that UA should be getting letters in the mail today, so hopefully we'll know soon!

In the postal mail or email?

Edited by southernspeechie

I am a current SLP grad student at Armstrong State in Savannah, GA. I know they finalized their admissions decisions this week so ya'll should be hearing soon. I posted a feed on this looking for ASU SLP grad roommates starting in August 2016 (my 2 current roommates are leaving). Check out my post and text or email me if you are interested!

Well my UA portal finally updated to "reviewed by department." Why can't they just send emails like every other school? :rolleyes: I'm really hoping the letter comes today!

2 hours ago, arcuatefasciculus8 said:

I can't believe these folks mailed letters this late in the game.  One of my classmates has already had to accept another offer because they took too long.

Agreed I think it's ridiculous. One of the clinic supervisors told me they have had a lot going on this semester, they lost a faculty member and spring break was earlier this semester than normal and idk it still seems like there's no excuse for it to take this long but I am very offended. I still didn't get a letter today <_< fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Wait now I don't know. One of my classmates just told me she emailed one of the supervisors today and she said that final decisions still haven't been made and that this week they have been doing Skype interviews with out of state applicants. And that the faculty are supposed to look at the lists "soon hopefully next week." I don't understand what's going on anymore or why we're getting all these conflicting messages. At this point it is just completely disrespectful to the applicants' time and I'm really ticked off.

Edited by BamaBelle

5 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Wait not I don't know. One of my classmates just told me she emailed one of the supervisors today and she said that final decisions still haven't been made and that this week they have been doing Skype interviews with out of state applicants. And that the faculty are supposed to look at the lists "soon hopefully next week." I don't understand what's going on anymore or why we're getting all these conflicting messages. At this point it is just completely disrespectful to the applicants' time and I'm really ticked off.

Ridonkulous! 

Edited by southernspeechie

Just now, southernspeechie said:

I am about to send an email and tell them not to consider me. Since I know I will be turning it down. Ha. 

Haha that sounds like a really good idea actually. I can't just let go because the "what ifs" will kill me, but I just want this awful process to be over.

32 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Haha that sounds like a really good idea actually. I can't just let go because the "what ifs" will kill me, but I just want this awful process to be over.

That's exactly what my daughter did. Her school just sent out their acceptances yesterday. She informed them on Tuesday that she was withdrawing her application because she committed to another program. She would have liked to have known, but it was the right thing to do.

If they had made decisions already, I feel like they could have updated the portal with said decisions.  I live in Tuscaloosa and find it hard to believe that it takes more than 3 days to receive a letter from across town, however, based on the postmark, it once to a week for me to receive a letter from Shelton State.  <_<  I have until April 15 to inform other programs whether I will be accepting.  I feel worse for one of my classmates whose future hinges on this particular decision.  Good luck to all of you. 

1 hour ago, arcuatefasciculus8 said:

If they had made decisions already, I feel like they could have updated the portal with said decisions.  I live in Tuscaloosa and find it hard to believe that it takes more than 3 days to receive a letter from across town, however, based on the postmark, it once to a week for me to receive a letter from Shelton State.  <_<  I have until April 15 to inform other programs whether I will be accepting.  I feel worse for one of my classmates whose future hinges on this particular decision.  Good luck to all of you. 

Yeah I agree. If they had made decisions, they would need to send them to the graduate school for the portal to be updated, but the grad school office hasn't received anything from them yet. I'm sure letters haven't been put in the mail yet. If decisions come tomorrow we only have 11 days to make our choices. This is crazy. 

2 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

Final decisions are made! The graduate admissions office has received them, so I'm hoping the portals will be updated soon!

Yay! Did you call them? I hope they update it today :) 

3 hours ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

Yay! Did you call them? I hope they update it today :) 

I'm an undergrad at UA so I heard from people at the program. 

28 minutes ago, southernspeechie said:

Do you know if you got in? When will letters be sent out?

I don't know, I just know they're working on it now.

My friend in graduate admissions just told me about the process and it sounds really inefficient. The grad school sends completed applications to the department and once the department decides, they send grad admissions an email for each applicant saying admit or deny. They print those emails off and put them in the applicants' files and then some poor sap has to go through each file individually to update the portal. She guessed he has about 200 to go through right now so it will take a while. They might not all be posted until the end of the week. 

12 hours ago, BamaBelle said:

I'm an undergrad at UA so I heard from people at the program. 

I don't know, I just know they're working on it now.

My friend in graduate admissions just told me about the process and it sounds really inefficient. The grad school sends completed applications to the department and once the department decides, they send grad admissions an email for each applicant saying admit or deny. They print those emails off and put them in the applicants' files and then some poor sap has to go through each file individually to update the portal. She guessed he has about 200 to go through right now so it will take a while. They might not all be posted until the end of the week. 

I was told the high GRE score that they let in last year was a 316.  With your stats, I'm sure you will get an acceptance letter. 

3 hours ago, arcuatefasciculus8 said:

I was told the high GRE score that they let in last year was a 316.  With your stats, I'm sure you will get an acceptance letter. 

That's nice to 

Was rejected by UCF this morning. Still have not heard from Southern Miss, Ole Miss, or Alabama. People have already heard from USM and Ole Miss. I think I should just go ahead and start looking for a job for next year. Any update on when Alabama will let us know?