2 hours ago, SLPbeachie said:

Was rejected by UCF this morning. Still have not heard from Southern Miss, Ole Miss, or Alabama. People have already heard from USM and Ole Miss. I think I should just go ahead and start looking for a job for next year. Any update on when Alabama will let us know?

It's a good sign you haven't heard from Alabama. They have already sent out the rejections and the other letters are in the mail. The worse case scenario is that you thought you applied to all of these schools, but maybe you didn't -- or at least not completely so they weren't considered. If I were you I would call Ole Miss and Southern Miss and ask if they ever got your application or if you are just wait listed. If you are wait listed at both of those schools your chance of getting off the wait list is high.

17 hours ago, southernspeechie said:

It's a good sign you haven't heard from Alabama. They have already sent out the rejections and the other letters are in the mail. The worse case scenario is that you thought you applied to all of these schools, but maybe you didn't -- or at least not completely so they weren't considered. If I were you I would call Ole Miss and Southern Miss and ask if they ever got your application or if you are just wait listed. If you are wait listed at both of those schools your chance of getting off the wait list is high.

Do you know if they sent rejections via email?

35 minutes ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

Thanks @southernspeechie for keeping us updated! I would love to get into Alabama and I haven't gotten a rejection email so that makes me hopeful :) 

I don't want to give you any false-hope, but I definitely think it is a good sign you haven't gotten a rejection letter so far. Did you ever call Ole Miss or Southern Miss to make sure they received your applications? 

A couple of the professors said that letters are in the mail and we should hear any day now. So I'm really hoping for Monday? And they said funding decisions will come with admission decisions.

1 hour ago, BamaBelle said:

A couple of the professors said that letters are in the mail and we should hear any day now. So I'm really hoping for Monday? And they said funding decisions will come with admission decisions.

Was applying for funding separate from applying? haha

54 minutes ago, arcuatefasciculus8 said:

To those of you waiting on a letter from Alabama...I just got mine.  It was postmarked 4/7.  Check your mail.  :)  To those of you who will accept...See you in the Fall.

Wow that is great news!! Congrats!

I still haven't heard from Ole Miss either. I called and the lady somewhat spoke in code because they aren't allowed to discuss admission (which I get but still...) and she said you were notified via email if you were accepted and the rejection letters were sent out on March 10th. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning and ask what it means if you still haven't heard anything. 

Congrats to everyone accepted though! 

On April 10, 2016 at 10:08 AM, megnicdaws said:

I still haven't heard from Ole Miss either. I called and the lady somewhat spoke in code because they aren't allowed to discuss admission (which I get but still...) and she said you were notified via email if you were accepted and the rejection letters were sent out on March 10th. I'm going to call again tomorrow morning and ask what it means if you still haven't heard anything. 

Congrats to everyone accepted though! 

Were you ever able to figure it out?

Nope. I'm not sure if they don't waitlist and just keep one for themselves and go through it and accept people as other admitted students decline their offer. I'm lost. HA! :/ 

Edited by megnicdaws

12 minutes ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

Still waiting to hear from Alabama! Does anyone know if they've sent out any rejections yet?

I know a few people have gotten reject emails. Does your portal still not say a decision was made?

14 minutes ago, FloridaSpeechie said:

Yea it just says reviewed by the department but no decision :/

Wow that's so frustrating. Is there anything when you check the application through myBama?

Just now, FloridaSpeechie said:

It just says "Referred for review by dept" so maybe I'm wait listed?

That would be my best guess. I know that some of my classmates have been accepted and some have gotten the reject email and at least one is in the same limbo that you seem to be stuck in! Maybe after today they'll start to accept people from the wait list. I really hope you get good news soon!