On 3/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, PinkSpeech said:

I know! It was really hard cramming it into two minutes. I did a practice run and wasn't done with 1/4 of it before the time ran out haha. It was good because I think I was able to focus on what was important, but I'm not sure what they are looking for - especially since I had already answered their questions in my personal statement. Good luck to you, I'm sure yours will turn out great!

I've had mine done since this morning and have been too scared to submit it haha. It's like I think I'll come up with a way to make it better as soon as I send them the link. I hope we all hear good news soon!

Ah, i'm sure you did well! My video was about 1 min 50 sec. I really hope it was fine! And how can you tell if they have watched it? I can see mine has like 5 views, but I think its because I clicked on my link a few times! I hope we have an answer by the end of this week! 

25 minutes ago, jdb10c said:

Ah, i'm sure you did well! My video was about 1 min 50 sec. I really hope it was fine! And how can you tell if they have watched it? I can see mine has like 5 views, but I think its because I clicked on my link a few times! I hope we have an answer by the end of this week! 

Yours is probably great as well! Mine was typical of what I saw on Youtube but I get worried that others are doing something amazing. And there's a video manager under your account, I noted how many views I had when I submitted it and watched for it to go up. Mine had 4 extra views this morning! Hoping we have an answer soon too because this waiting is killing me

15 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

Thanks and you too! I was so nervous about mine, I thought about trying to redo it today since I submitted it in the middle of midterms. There honestly wasn't anything to change anyway but by the time I woke up they had already viewed it! (please tell me I am not crazy and not the only one checking that lol)

Oh god I just checked mine this morning and I had 4 extra views as well! I'm so afraid that they won't like my video and I'll get rejected based on that haha. Also, it looks like people started hearing back last year between March 13th-15th, so I have a feeling we will hear back by Tuesday! That would be nice, anyways. 

7 hours ago, Gingiestrong said:

Oh god I just checked mine this morning and I had 4 extra views as well! I'm so afraid that they won't like my video and I'll get rejected based on that haha. Also, it looks like people started hearing back last year between March 13th-15th, so I have a feeling we will hear back by Tuesday! That would be nice, anyways. 

That'd definitely be nice! It seems like they've had a hard time making decisions this year so I hope that doesn't delay them too much. It's scary to think that these videos are what are making or breaking their decisions. Do you happen to have any idea on how many people they admit for early admission?

6 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

That'd definitely be nice! It seems like they've had a hard time making decisions this year so I hope that doesn't delay them too much. It's scary to think that these videos are what are making or breaking their decisions. Do you happen to have any idea on how many people they admit for early admission?

I'm not really sure about early admission, but I know in total they admit 30-35 people! I have a feeling they will give out around that number of acceptances, and that regular admission decisions will be based on how many offers are accepted from our batch. I could be totally wrong though haha. 

A few months ago I emailed the department about their decision process, and this was the response I got: "The first set of decisions will be sent out around mid-March. At this time, you will either receive an acceptance or wait list notification. If waitlisted, you receive a final admissions decision around May 1st." So on the bright side, we won't be outright rejected because we applied for early admission! It sounds like anyone who is waitlisted will be re-evaluated for the regular admission batch? 

Sorry if this is totally useless information lol. 

On 3/14/2016 at 4:02 AM, Gingiestrong said:

I'm not really sure about early admission, but I know in total they admit 30-35 people! I have a feeling they will give out around that number of acceptances, and that regular admission decisions will be based on how many offers are accepted from our batch. I could be totally wrong though haha. 

A few months ago I emailed the department about their decision process, and this was the response I got: "The first set of decisions will be sent out around mid-March. At this time, you will either receive an acceptance or wait list notification. If waitlisted, you receive a final admissions decision around May 1st." So on the bright side, we won't be outright rejected because we applied for early admission! It sounds like anyone who is waitlisted will be re-evaluated for the regular admission batch? 

On 3/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, Gingiestrong said:

I have extra views too! I am so nervous! I just want them to make a decision already! Fingers crossed for all of us! I wonder how many videos they are evaluating? 

I applied for the March 1st deadline and still haven't heard anything yet! It's driving me absolutely nuts - I wish they'd give me at least a litttttle bit of an update (such as a waitlist). Ughhhh. Best of luck to you guys, though!!

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:13 PM, PinkSpeech said:

Yours is probably great as well! Mine was typical of what I saw on Youtube but I get worried that others are doing something amazing. And there's a video manager under your account, I noted how many views I had when I submitted it and watched for it to go up. Mine had 4 extra views this morning! Hoping we have an answer soon too because this waiting is killing me

Thanks for letting me know! And I am hoping to have an answer today or tomorrow! The wait is absolutely killing me. Like I said before, this is my number one choice! I would love to stay in FL! And I am sure your video came out great! I definitely read from a script I made, lol. So hopefully that doesn't matter! I tried to memorize as much as I could so I didn't have to look down that much. I really wish we knew more about how many applicants they are going to choose for the March 1st deadline!

9 hours ago, j_rae said:

I applied for the March 1st deadline and still haven't heard anything yet! It's driving me absolutely nuts - I wish they'd give me at least a litttttle bit of an update (such as a waitlist). Ughhhh. Best of luck to you guys, though!!

@j_rae I think we should all be hearing back sometime this week! Or worst case next week. Did you apply anywhere else? Worst case you are waitlisted for now, and then you will be reconsidered for the next round of applicants! It's so scary not knowing!

Thanks! I didn't know we wouldn't hear again until May 1st - that would kill me! Last year it looks like they sent out two waves in March so crossing my fingers that they do that again, and then you'll just hear final decisions by May 1st.

4 hours ago, jdb10c said:

Thanks for letting me know! And I am hoping to have an answer today or tomorrow! The wait is absolutely killing me. Like I said before, this is my number one choice! I would love to stay in FL! And I am sure your video came out great! I definitely read from a script I made, lol. So hopefully that doesn't matter! I tried to memorize as much as I could so I didn't have to look down that much. I really wish we knew more about how many applicants they are going to choose for the March 1st deadline!

I know the feeling! I'm checking my email so much and then getting disappointed at 6pm every day we don't hear back. It would be so helpful to know how many they asked to do videos and how many they plan to accept for early admission. I read from a script taped to the computer screen at times for my video so I'm sure you're fine! I only wish I had mentioned they were my top choice in my video, but I'm hoping that came across by how enthusiastic I was about their program in my video and personal statement. 

I am almost positive I will accept my admissions offer with the University of Tennessee! Who else will be at UT this fall? Is there a Facebook page out there for us? 

Edited by LadyT

8 hours ago, jdb10c said:

@j_rae I think we should all be hearing back sometime this week! Or worst case next week. Did you apply anywhere else? Worst case you are waitlisted for now, and then you will be reconsidered for the next round of applicants! It's so scary not knowing!

Yea, hopefully you guys find out soon! And yes, I applied to Monmouth, Western Carolina, Baylor, Adelphi, and Jacksonville. Only one I've heard from so far is Adelphi with a waitlist, but I'm hoping to hear some better news soon!

5 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

I know the feeling! I'm checking my email so much and then getting disappointed at 6pm every day we don't hear back. It would be so helpful to know how many they asked to do videos and how many they plan to accept for early admission. I read from a script taped to the computer screen at times for my video so I'm sure you're fine! I only wish I had mentioned they were my top choice in my video, but I'm hoping that came across by how enthusiastic I was about their program in my video and personal statement. 

I feel like I am checking my email every 10 minutes :o. This wait is killing me! I am so tempted to call JU tomorrow and ask when they are going to make a decision, but I don't want to annoy them! And I am sure they figured that out in your essay! I just have no idea how many people we are competing against! Ugh, this is my top choice! I will be so bummed if I don't get in!

1 hour ago, j_rae said:

Yea, hopefully you guys find out soon! And yes, I applied to Monmouth, Western Carolina, Baylor, Adelphi, and Jacksonville. Only one I've heard from so far is Adelphi with a waitlist, but I'm hoping to hear some better news soon!

I have faith you will get an acceptance somewhere!! And I have my fingers crossed for you for JU! It is so competitive to get in to grad school! This is my second year applying, and I finally got accepted somewhere! 

18 hours ago, jdb10c said:

I feel like I am checking my email every 10 minutes :o. This wait is killing me! I am so tempted to call JU tomorrow and ask when they are going to make a decision, but I don't want to annoy them! And I am sure they figured that out in your essay! I just have no idea how many people we are competing against! Ugh, this is my top choice! I will be so bummed if I don't get in!

SAME. I was really hoping they would let us know by the 15th, but I suppose it could be a good thing if they're taking a bit longer to make final decisions? Ugh this is so nerve-wracking though! 

GUYS, I was just accepted to JU! The email to check my portal arrived literally like five minutes ago (I've been checking like every hour lol). I'm assuming everyone will receive their decision today! SO STOKED. 

16 minutes ago, Gingiestrong said:

GUYS, I was just accepted to JU! The email to check my portal arrived literally like five minutes ago (I've been checking like every hour lol). I'm assuming everyone will receive their decision today! SO STOKED. 

OMG! Congrats!! I got in too! I am so excited. This was my top choice! Do you think you will be accepting?

1 minute ago, jdb10c said:

OMG! Congrats!! I got in too! I am so excited. This was my top choice! Do you think you will be accepting?

Congrats to you too!!! I'm strongly considering accepting, but I want to fly out and visit first before I make any final decisions (I'm from Arizona). I'm so happy we both got in!!! 

1 minute ago, Gingiestrong said:

Congrats to you too!!! I'm strongly considering accepting, but I want to fly out and visit first before I make any final decisions (I'm from Arizona). I'm so happy we both got in!!! 

Ah, yay!! I am so happy we both got in too! I was so nervous about my video not being good enough. I am so happy they made their decisions this week! And good idea! I live in Tallahassee, FL right now, but I went to JU's open house and absolutely loved it! The faculty were great, and the facility is wonderful! Jacksonville is a big city, so there is a lot to do there too!

6 minutes ago, jdb10c said:

Ah, yay!! I am so happy we both got in too! I was so nervous about my video not being good enough. I am so happy they made their decisions this week! And good idea! I live in Tallahassee, FL right now, but I went to JU's open house and absolutely loved it! The faculty were great, and the facility is wonderful! Jacksonville is a big city, so there is a lot to do there too!

lol same, I thought my video was super awkward. I wish I could have gone to the open house, but it sounds like a great program!! I'm definitely looking forward to visiting. Are you going to accept your offer? 

Just now, Gingiestrong said:

lol same, I thought my video was super awkward. I wish I could have gone to the open house, but it sounds like a great program!! I'm definitely looking forward to visiting. Are you going to accept your offer? 

It was only a 2 hour drive for me, so I made sure to go to the open house! They said they were expecting close to 400 applications this year, and would take about 35 people. So I feel so honored that I was accepted! And I am 99% sure I am going to accept. USF waitlisted me, but I was told I was in a small group of people who they will be reconsidering after April 15th if there are enough slots open. I am originally from Tampa, so my parents are there, and tuition would be cheaper there. So if there is a slight chance I get in there, I may reconsider. But I doubt I will get in. JU was always my #1 choice though!!!

On 2/22/2016 at 10:08 AM, BamaBelle said:

I wouldn't expect anything from UA until the end of March. On the results page, the earliest they've sent out acceptances was 3/23. That's right after our spring break, so I guess that makes sense?

Have you heard back from Bama? I have a friend who has been accepted already and this worries me! 

34 minutes ago, southernspeechie said:

Have you heard back from Bama? I have a friend who has been accepted already and this worries me! 

I haven't heard anything. When did your friend hear back? I was under the impression that they were just starting to review apps last week