Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

6 minutes ago, ryanwinston said:

So I just read an email from my campus representative that helped me fill out my application. She said I'm considered! I guess they get notice before the applicants do? Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats!! Good luck to everyone!

13 minutes ago, ryanwinston said:

So I just read an email from my campus representative that helped me fill out my application. She said I'm considered! I guess they get notice before the applicants do? Good luck to everyone else!

Okay. Now I'm anxious. I hope we get ours soon and not have to wait another day or so. Congrats though! I'm resisting the temptation to email my campus representative. Lol. 

Edited by AnnMarie

14 minutes ago, ryanwinston said:

They get them 1 day in advance, but they aren't supposed to share the information.

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

They get them 1 day in advance, but they aren't supposed to share the information.

Does this perhaps mean that only the campus representatives are getting the emails today and we have to wait another day?

7 minutes ago, Horb said:

Interesting. I applied at-large — I assume that means the campus rep at my alma mater won't see the results at all. Or will she?

39 minutes ago, describeblue said:

That sounds awesome! Did you apply under the creative arts field?

Thank you! I did and I read the stats sheet too. Ugh... said applying for the arts research is even more competitive. 

Where are you applying? And for research or teaching?

1 minute ago, AnnMarie said:

Does this perhaps mean that only the campus representatives are getting the emails today and we have to wait another day?

Nope! my campus advisor emailed me yesterday saying we would hear today! So I guess he had the result when he emailed me. But either way we find out soon hopefully!! I think most people say between now and 5.. 

24 minutes ago, AnnMarie said:

as sam 89 said, yes I got that email around 4:00 p.m. CST yesterday so we should all be hearing sometime today hopefully.

5 minutes ago, jtsams said:

Interesting. I applied at-large — I assume that means the campus rep at my alma mater won't see the results at all. Or will she?

She won't, because you didn't apply through the school.

2 minutes ago, ryanwinston said:

as sam 89 said, yes I got that email around 4:00 p.m. CST yesterday so we should all be hearing sometime today hopefully.

Interesting! My advisor emailed at 4:39pm EST so I guess all the advisors get emailed at the same time too. You think we'll hear around the same time? 

20 minutes ago, Sarahjk said:

Thank you! I did and I read the stats sheet too. Ugh... said applying for the arts research is even more competitive. 

Where are you applying? And for research or teaching?

Yeah, the stats sheet wasn't exactly inspiring :/ I applied for a creative writing grant (fiction) to Albania, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we'll know soon!

3 minutes ago, Photogeographic said:

Damn. I should have saved up my green up arrows ! 

You applied for the arts too, right?

4 minutes ago, describeblue said:

Yeah, the stats sheet wasn't exactly inspiring :/ I applied for a creative writing grant (fiction) to Albania, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we'll know soon!

Albania....very cool! What are you researching and writing?

Hi all! I'm so on edge!

On reddit, some are speculating that it's not until 1/30 and alleging this is stated on the Fulbright website timeline (I don't interpret it that way). That can't be right, though, can it? Assuming people here are being truthful about having been notified, wouldn't everyone else's decisions be coming out today as well?

3 minutes ago, Sarah1812 said:

Hi all! I'm so on edge!

On reddit, some are speculating that it's not until 1/30 and alleging this is stated on the Fulbright website timeline (I don't interpret it that way). That can't be right, though, can it? Assuming people here are being truthful about having been notified, wouldn't everyone else's decisions be coming out today as well?

I interpret that as any time between mid January to January 30th. I mean, there email did say Mid-January as well. I feel like the 30th is kind of an extra long speculation date just in case they can't review all of the applications in time.

Here's my thing about what reddit is saying. I've looked at the fulbright timeline from previous years and it has always said up to the 30th. But there have been many of years when the notifications go out sooner.

5 minutes ago, Sarah1812 said:

Hi all! I'm so on edge!

The Fulbright website says before Jan 30. So it's still today, at least based on what we're hearing from our program advisors.

6 minutes ago, Sarah1812 said:

Hi all! I'm so on edge!

I saw that too! I think they will come out today by 5pm. I think Fulbright may put the 30th on their website as a final date everyone must be notified and so they have a latest date on their end. 

5 minutes ago, Sarah1812 said:

Hi all! I'm so on edge!

Can you please share the reddit thread? 

4 minutes ago, sam89 said:

Clearly we're all stalking reddit and gradcafe for any responses :P 

I've have only been refreshing every 5 minutes since 12:00. Shhh. Lol! I'm taking myself to the gym to get my mind off of it. 

Edited by AnnMarie