11 minutes ago, wazzzup said:

Which program at Denver did he apply to? I am applying to Denver as well. 

Communication studies PhD. I also applied, as did two other folks from our program. Of the four of us, 2 have been rejected and 2 haven't heard anything.

Also: was accepted to Bowling a Green State for American Culture Studies but waitlisted for funding. Wahhhh!

2 minutes ago, sjc93 said:

@DBear Yeah, it truly is. 

Hopefully everyone starts receiving their decisions sooner than later so some positions begin to open.

A lot of visit weekends are taking place right about now so I'm thinking a lot of decisions will be made in the next couple of weeks.. hopefully you'll know before then!

So @Nika.T and anyone else waiting on U Mass Amherst, they say they're aiming to let us know by the end of next week. Also, the department doesn't host a separate welcome weekend type thing but students are welcome to visit.

3 hours ago, DBear said:

So @Nika.T and anyone else waiting on U Mass Amherst, they say they're aiming to let us know by the end of next week. Also, the department doesn't host a separate welcome weekend type thing but students are welcome to visit.

So you broke down and contacted them? Someone else did the dirty work for me for two of the four programs I am waiting for. One I am to scared to email and the other one I just don't have the energy to do it before I visit schools. 

27 minutes ago, The Shade King said:

So you broke down and contacted them? Someone else did the dirty work for me for two of the four programs I am waiting for. One I am to scared to email and the other one I just don't have the energy to do it before I visit schools. 

Yeah, I was going to call Friday but held out hope that they'd get back to us by end Feb.... I feel better now, though. Just gonna pretend that school doesn't exist for about 2 weeks and enjoy life, take care of campus visit etc

1 hour ago, DBear said:

Yeah, I was going to call Friday but held out hope that they'd get back to us by end Feb.... I feel better now, though. Just gonna pretend that school doesn't exist for about 2 weeks and enjoy life, take care of campus visit etc

Well thats good. I am ready to get stuff done in March. Feb has been such a stressful month I am ready for it to be in my rear view. I wish everyone success in March!!! Lets march our way to success over the next 31 days!!

34 minutes ago, ejpril88 said:

I'm still waiting for UIC but at this point I'm not sure I care anymore. :D

I've gotten to that point too! The 3 schools I'm still waiting on, maybe with the exception of one, I don't really care about. Even if they were to give me a large stipend, I'd probably still choose one of the ones I've already been accepted to. Which I feel like is crazy, but realistic. It would have to be a VERY large stipend. 

@DBear Thanks for letting me know! Next week is not that bad, considering everything ))

In other news, got a rejection from McGill. Wasn't very surprised because it was a reach, but man, the way they phrased their email was so weird: "a significant new decision has been made". Who says significant for a rejection? Anyway, hope we all hear back one way or the other soon!

Edited by Nika.T

4 hours ago, kirbs005 said:

I've gotten to that point too! The 3 schools I'm still waiting on, maybe with the exception of one, I don't really care about. Even if they were to give me a large stipend, I'd probably still choose one of the ones I've already been accepted to. Which I feel like is crazy, but realistic. It would have to be a VERY large stipend. 

I feel you. I'm about 10 minutes away from committing to a program that seems very interested in me, but I'm still waiting to hear from a single school (which is also a strong fit and comparably ranked). Trying to be responsible, but have a feeling that a rejection is coming my way anyway. Would love to just be able to say, "Yes," and start planning the next few years of my life!

23 hours ago, kirbs005 said:

I feel the same :) I'm just wondering what they are thinking, I mean all the visits are going to be over and people will already make their decisions before they even respond. 

@Nika.T hahaha forgive me for laughing but that is so weird! 

Edited by ejpril88

Sounds like we're kind of all at the end of our patience and done, figuratively speaking!

I honestly have no more energy to obsess and be anxious ... I think I wore myself out.... So have been a bit zen since March rolled around..

Hang on in there, Com(munication)rades!

1 hour ago, bgjoecool27 said:

Anybody heard from Maryland's Communication Program?

I feel like I saw a post here or on the results board at some point.... The search function may yield something

4 hours ago, ih82w8 said:

Anyone applied to or heard from Comm and Culture at York?

Been following this thread pretty closely but don't recall anyone mentioning that school. Have you checked the results database?

Got rejected from UCSB today.  Stings like crazy because I had attended their open house and everything.

What this means is that I in all likelihood got rejected from each of the programs I applied to (still waiting on U Maryland, but I've more or less written that one off).  I don't know what people from past cycles have done when they've been universally rejected, but in my case I really think that I need to spend some time away from school altogether and figure out whether pursuing the PhD is the right lifestyle move for me.

C'est la vie!

2 hours ago, DBear said:

Been following this thread pretty closely but don't recall anyone mentioning that school. Have you checked the results database?

Thanks for letting me know, it saves me having to read 26 pages or so. :)

Yeah, I checked, but there doesn't seem to be anything in results besides a waitlist at Ryerson. The program is split between the two universities, so I thought it possibly meant York's side went out too. But looks like no.

@2ManyTacos I'm so sorry to hear that! :( What impression did you have after the visit to UCSB? I got rejected from them long time ago but after visiting Santa Barbara (I just saw the campus from outside) I realized it's better that way because my husband wouldn't be able to find a job there.

Well, that's it for my US run this cycle, I am 2 for 2 on rejections. I think I am mostly okay with that. At least I got some valuable feedback out of the whole thing for if/when I apply in the future. Besides, I just learned I got into a very good MA program in Europe which I am super excited about! No word on funding yet, but I am optimistic :)

Also, ladies of this thread, Happy International Women's Day! You are awesome and deserve the best in life! Here's for more good news to come in March!

I'm also waiting on the University of Maryland but more optimistic than 2ManyTacos.  If any ladies have received their fair share of good news, I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands. :)