PhD Applications Fall '17 Season

menge

I had a stress dream last month that my husband showed up to our place with a moving truck and was like, "Are we ready to go?" He was ready to move us to my school right then and there, but I didn't know where I had been accepted, and I didn't even have moving boxes yet. All I could do was stall for time while I tried to check my application statuses online.

56 minutes ago, rheya19 said:

I had a stress dream last month that my husband showed up to our place with a moving truck and was like, "Are we ready to go?" He was ready to move us to my school right then and there, but I didn't know where I had been accepted, and I didn't even have moving boxes yet. All I could do was stall for time while I tried to check my application statuses online.

Maybe your husband knows something you don't. In that case, congrats!

13 minutes ago, Marcion said:

I got into Rice University (History of Religions in America)!

Congrats!!! How'd you find out? (I know online the website said something about using email or physical mail) I also applied to Rice, and am waiting to hear still.

15 minutes ago, bijou2017 said:

Congrats!!! How'd you find out? (I know online the website said something about using email or physical mail) I also applied to Rice, and am waiting to hear still.

Email. 

To whomever posted in the results section asking about Duke's GPR PhD program: it seems that invitations went out last week to people for the interview weekend. These invitations are a de facto acceptance should those invited desire to attend. Many will have applied to multiple programs and may wait to see where else they get in. If you're lucky, they'll accept somewhere else and you may get bumped up the waitlist and swipe their spot (assuming you did get on the waitlist, which I imagine you will be informed about a couple weeks after interview weekend in mid-February).

It looks like the Notre Dame interview invitations that have gone out are for Systematics. Anyone know if they have also gone out for the other areas?

9 minutes ago, jsant09 said:

It looks like the Notre Dame interview invitations that have gone out are for Systematics. Anyone know if they have also gone out for the other areas?

CJA is out too. The email that was sent out was pretty general (i.e. it was not CJA specific and could have easily been sent to all religious studies subfields).

12 minutes ago, jsant09 said:

I haven't gotten one for Xty and Judaism in Antiquity, but that just might mean they've already tossed my application out. :P

Which area are you waiting for?

4 minutes ago, turktheman said:

CJA is out too. The email that was sent out was pretty general (i.e. it was not CJA specific and could have easily been sent to all religious studies subfields).

Did you apply to CJA? 

19 minutes ago, rheya19 said:

I haven't gotten one for Xty and Judaism in Antiquity, but that just might mean they've already tossed my application out. :P

Which area are you waiting for?

WRWC

1 hour ago, KnightGeorge said:

Just saw an SMU post -- has anyone heard anything further about apps at SMU? I'm assuming they don't do interviews often since they're scarce on the forum or results. 

I received a call of acceptance from SMU yesterday. I am not the one who posted the result. There was no mention of an interview, they just have a prospective student weekend in March I am assuming for admitted students. 

I know it is not our department, but seeing the Harvard results from science, anthropology, physics, and such come in, does get my heart racing... Even though we are probably going to have to wait until the end of Feb.

8 minutes ago, Marcion said:

I know it is not our department, but seeing the Harvard results from science, anthropology, physics, and such come in, does get my heart racing... Even though we are probably going to have to wait until the end of Feb.

The fate of Harvard applicants will likely be determined on Feb 13. Look at the event scheduled for that day:

http://studyofreligion.fas.harvard.edu/calendars

10 minutes ago, Cioaba said:

The fate of Harvard applicants will likely be determined on Feb 13. Look at the event scheduled for that day:

http://studyofreligion.fas.harvard.edu/calendars

That seems to line up with past yrs. Assuming a few days to a week for admitted students to clear GSAS, seems like letters could go out the next week (of course, with potential unofficial phone calls or e-mails sooner).