MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

On 2/4/2017 at 2:23 AM, arte said:

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford, U of Michigan, Rutgers, UCLA, VCU, U of Washington and MICA?

Just got an invitation to interview at MICA by email, it's the Mount Royal program though

29 minutes ago, dmirko said:

Has anyone heard from UCI???

That's my top choice, (painting).

I will sob for days if I don't get in.

Also applied there. As far as I know, nothings happened there yet. Fingers crossed for you. 

46 minutes ago, dmirko said:

Has anyone heard from UCI???

That's my top choice, (painting).

I will sob for days if I don't get in.

Still waiting here too. Hopefully soon!! Seems like a lot of schools are taking longer this year.

@arte I reached out to VCU, and was invited to an artist crit/meeting with the heads of my prospective department. If you still haven't heard anything maybe try reaching out to people. 

Also I have my first meeting tomorrow with SVA. So nervous!

1 hour ago, D-RoseD said:

@arte I reached out to VCU, and was invited to an artist crit/meeting with the heads of my prospective department. If you still haven't heard anything maybe try reaching out to people. 

Also I have my first meeting tomorrow with SVA. So nervous!

I reached out to the sculpture dept and they said they're carefully reviewing apps. Did you reach out to the specific dept?

13 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

!!! do you have inside info? I just got a hit on my website today from them. 

sort of ........not completely sure......but pretty sure??.......lol..

53 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

I reached out to the sculpture dept and they said they're carefully reviewing apps. Did you reach out to the specific dept?

I reached out to Photo/Film. I contacted the Email on the website to the specific after I was told by the admissions email they were going to begin the review process shortly. Might have been slightly aggressive, but I also really wanted a tour of the facilities while I'm close to the university. 

4 minutes ago, D-RoseD said:

I reached out to Photo/Film. I contacted the Email on the website to the specific after I was told by the admissions email they were going to begin the review process shortly. Might have been slightly aggressive, but I also really wanted a tour of the facilities while I'm close to the university. 

Ahh got it.  Let us know how it goes!

3 hours ago, Leo168 said:

Also applied there. As far as I know, nothings happened there yet. Fingers crossed for you. 

Good luck to you too!!

3 hours ago, sylviecerise said:

Still waiting here too. Hopefully soon!! Seems like a lot of schools are taking longer this year.

That's refreshing to hear. I checked the 2016 version of this topic and was freaking out! Good luck to you!

PS. This waiting is making my stomach feel like when you are dropping in a roller coaster but all day and nonstop.

1 hour ago, desertdog said:

ahhh! What do you know? I keep checking everyday even though she said 2/15. Stressing out!

@desertdog

heard from a friend. i haven't received an email.... i guess im either out or they didn't send the emails?

25 minutes ago, BrainDamage said:

Hey everyone.  I've been lurking here since last application season and finally decided to make an account.  Did anyone here apply to Columbia for photography?  That is the last school that I am waiting on.

same here! i was thinking of calling this week.

3 hours ago, BrainDamage said:

Hey everyone.  I've been lurking here since last application season and finally decided to make an account.  Did anyone here apply to Columbia for photography?  That is the last school that I am waiting on.

I'm waiting for Columbia (photography) too ! 

12 minutes ago, eyerolling said:

I also applied but didn't get any email. Maybe it is a good sign for you?

Interesting.... Maybe by department?  I applied to Sculpture, I'm assuming you've applied to New Genres?

47 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

Interesting.... Maybe by department?  I applied to Sculpture, I'm assuming you've applied to New Genres?

Yes, I applied for New Genres. I had read in previous years forums that UCLA is usually the last to send out the results. A lot of anxiety here. 

From my vimeo stats I can see RCA watched 3 of my 5 videos :unsure: none were finished which in itself shouldn't concern me since I heard they can only give 15 minutes to each application at this stage.

Urgh, I have a bad feeling about this. 

I just got a Skype interview request from UCI over e-mail!

I heard last year they required an in-person interview for everyone, and wondering of they changed their policy this year. I didn't get an option to choose in-person, so wondering if anyone has received anything different. 

6 hours ago, eyerolling said:

Yes, I applied for New Genres. I had read in previous years forums that UCLA is usually the last to send out the results. A lot of anxiety here. 

Yes it takes a while!  2nd time applying and by the time they get back I'm like already deep in new work.

Thats cool though,  I was thinking new genres, since Im also a software Developer, but not enough quality art based work in that department to warrant a new genres app.