MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

10 hours ago, Echo_in_ground said:

I've applied for RCA moving image pathway, I wasn't too interested in a one year masters like the one in Goldsmiths and I felt like the staff at RCA were a bit more related to my interests. At the RA there were only two rooms in the building you could borrow and they were being used primarily for crits and as someone interested in rehearsal and working in sets, I realised I needed a course tailored to my needs. Since I'm from the EU the fees won't be too much, nothing like international students have to pay. 

Hope you get into RCA! But at RA, were there only two rooms used for crits but no individual studios? I thought there were individual studios as well? 

31 minutes ago, Cengstro said:

I just had my 1st interview. It went really well! It was for NYC affordable housing lottery! Quick bit about me: I've lived in Brooklyn for the past 7 years and am married w/ 2 young daughters. We'be been living in the same 1br 4th floor walkup for the past 6... 

I've been applying for these sorts of things for years & was finally selected for an interview (not gaurunteed).

If we are chosen for this rent controlled 2br apt in our neighborhood (greenpoint/wburg) -- that is $700 less a month then what we pay now.... I don't know how this might effect the grad school decision, if accepted.

Thank you forum, for letting me vent this new variable/"freak out".

All good problems.

Hey, congrats on this! If you get in in a school in another state maybe you can sublet it to a friend so you don't lose this great deal? 

1 hour ago, Cengstro said:

I just had my 1st interview. It went really well! It was for NYC affordable housing lottery! Quick bit about me: I've lived in Brooklyn for the past 7 years and am married w/ 2 young daughters. We'be been living in the same 1br 4th floor walkup for the past 6... 

I've been applying for these sorts of things for years & was finally selected for an interview (not gaurunteed).

If we are chosen for this rent controlled 2br apt in our neighborhood (greenpoint/wburg) -- that is $700 less a month then what we pay now.... I don't know how this might effect the grad school decision, if accepted.

Thank you forum, for letting me vent this new variable/"freak out".

All good problems.

Congratulations! I hope you get it. Signed, a parent living in a one-bedroom

Edit: I heard Columbia has great grad student/faculty family housing. It may be an urban legend? Let's hope it isn't.

Edited by tugbamina_871

4 hours ago, BlCEO said:

Yeah Yale should be around tonight.  Then have to wait till mid march for my next answer. lol

I love waiting!

You think that the answer from Yale will come tonight because it's Friday or another reason?

4 minutes ago, taumi said:

You think that the answer from Yale will come tonight because it's Friday or another reason?

because its usually this friday every year.  they could of changed it.

3 hours ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Washington University in St.Louis really play too much. How about these mo'fo's extended the January 15th deadline til February 6th. 

WashU trying to bump up their application fee revenue like 200w.gif

Edited by sylviecerise

For confirmation on the Yale interview thing showing up a few days early indicating an interview: got the official interview notice!! Signed up for February 28th. I'll probably head to New Haven on the 27th if anyone else will be there & wants to get coffee / pizza / beer!

Edited by sylviecerise

23 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

For confirmation on the Yale interview thing showing up a few days early indicating an interview: got the official interview notice!! Signed up for February 28th. I'll probably head to New Haven on the 27th if anyone else will be there & wants to get coffee / pizza / beer!

Congrats to you and anyone else getting Yale interview notices tonight!

I just got an email from SFAI asking to schedule an interview :) 

1 hour ago, sylviecerise said:

I do ☺️ Flying out from Chicago

1 hour ago, tugbamina_871 said:

I do ☺️ Flying out from Chicago

Congrats, Mina!!! When are you flying out? I'm also going from Chicago, though still deciding if I want to see family in Boston before heading to New Haven.

17 minutes ago, jbsp said:

couldn't really fall in sleep yesterday after knowing rejected from yale...

I know Yale is a good school but I think it comes down to the work you do and what you do with your time anywhere. Another school might be just as great :) keep your head up!

3 minutes ago, desertdog said:

I know Yale is a good school but I think it comes down to the work you do and what you do with your time anywhere. Another school might be just as great :) keep your head up!

@desertdog thank you so much for saying this.. I guess i didn't really want to go to yale... i am afraid of i feel i may lost the chance to ucla and columbia. coz they accept less interviews than yale.....