MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

@sylviecerise  Thanks!

Agreed about Jesse, I think she would be an amazing mentor.  I visited Tyler in October and it felt really good.  Philosophically, I think it would be one of the best fits for me.

Since there are more spots and applicants in Sculpture and Painting, I'm sure their timeline is different.  I know Jesse wanted to submit a fellowship application(s) for her folks and that deadline is Feb 1.

It's going to be a long couple of weeks for us, trying to come up with a strategy to pass the time...

7 minutes ago, Poodle-Doodle said:

Not a grad acceptance but I just got into ACA residency. 

Congrats! Should be a great experience. 

37 minutes ago, desertdog said:

Lurker just adding to the discussion.

Anyone heard anything from Rutgers Mason Gross or NYU Steinhardt?

I know it's still early!

I wish! I read through last year's admission thread and it seems like Rutgers takes awhile... 

4 minutes ago, Zander said:

Yeah, we'll definitely be hearing admission decisions regarding Tyler (Painting&Sculpture ) & Yale this week! 

having weird dreams every night!! last year I applied to SAIC and got my interview invite around this time too, fyi for fellow SAIC applicants ☺️

Edited by minakoruk

I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen anything about University of Oregon, Washington State University, or University of Tennessee? Anyone else? I also applied to UIowa but their app isn't even due until Feb 1 so I'm not sweating that yet. UO's site says "finalists will be contacted for interviews Mid-January to Mid-February."

Oof I just want to know! I'm married with two little kids so not knowing where we'll be living in like 6 months is seriously nerve-wracking.

On 1/29/2017 at 3:34 AM, turkeyslug said:

Hi there, I have been keeping tabs on this forum for a while (secretly), this is my first year applying to grad school, so I'm kind of freaking out at the moment. Any other painters out there applying to UIowa?

Hey! I'm applying to printmaking at UIowa.. 

On 1/29/2017 at 2:34 AM, turkeyslug said:

Hi there, I have been keeping tabs on this forum for a while (secretly), this is my first year applying to grad school, so I'm kind of freaking out at the moment. Any other painters out there applying to UIowa?

Same! Painting at UIowa, also my first time applying.

2 hours ago, andandyanderson said:

I've been lurking for a while and haven't seen anything about University of Oregon, Washington State University, or University of Tennessee? Anyone else? I also applied to UIowa but their app isn't even due until Feb 1 so I'm not sweating that yet. UO's site says "finalists will be contacted for interviews Mid-January to Mid-February."

Oof I just want to know! I'm married with two little kids so not knowing where we'll be living in like 6 months is seriously nerve-wracking.

I had an interview with U of Oregon last year around mid february I think...

17 hours ago, turnip said:

Good Luck! I'm not applying to Cranbrook - but I work there and it's amazing. Definitely visit if you get a chance!

I just got my first interview invitation at SAIC in Art and Technology Studies. Anyone else going to interview there? 

Scheduled my SAIC Art and Tech interview! A whole month of nerves ahead of us...

Hey guys,

This past week received interview for UCSC DANM and UCSD visual arts- Excited but have no idea what to expect, anybody have info? Anyone else flying out to San Diego? 

1 hour ago, deuxgrosman said:

Scheduled my SAIC Art and Tech interview! A whole month of nerves ahead of us...

Great! I was reading threads from last year and it sounds like they plan a really nice interview day there. Have you visited before? I haven't. I'm really looking forward to seeing the facilities. 

1 hour ago, chikapea said:

Hi all!

Has anyone heard from Ohio State? Thanks!

I applied, but haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, ZahP said:

Hey guys,

This past week received interview for UCSC DANM and UCSD visual arts- Excited but have no idea what to expect, anybody have info? Anyone else flying out to San Diego? 

San Diego is a great place, I currently live here.  UCSD has great facilities and is tucked in La Jolla.  I know some people that are going/have gone.  All pretty cool.

1 hour ago, chikapea said:

Hi BICEO! 

When did University of Oregon notify you that you had an interview?  :) 

i think it was around the last week of jan till like first week of feb. I got a call vs. an email.