Hi again, is anyone else still recommended for assessment for NPSIA? I thought decisions will be sent out by end of April? Any ideas? Does that mean I'm waitlisted or is it that my file hasn't been reviewed yet. Help!  

1 hour ago, Rmz said:

Hi again, is anyone else still recommended for assessment for NPSIA? I thought decisions will be sent out by end of April? Any ideas? Does that mean I'm waitlisted or is it that my file hasn't been reviewed yet. Help!  

I am. But I got an email saying I am Waitlisted. You should email Tabbatha to confirm. Maybe they are evaluating it. 

Anyone has any clue when MUNK will send out decisions for the ones who are waitlisted? I have to reply to other offers. 

Also, do you guys think I should email them saying I have to reply to other offers and when will I get a decision? 

2 hours ago, Rmz said:

I show the same thing, but did not hear that I was waitlisted. I keep telling myself I will call. My only consolation is that in past year's threads it shows that this same thing happened to people and they later received offers.

Edited by Irwi

16 hours ago, Irwi said:

I show the same thing, but did not hear that I was waitlisted. I keep telling myself I will call. My only consolation is that in past year's threads it shows that this same thing happened to people and they later received offers.

Funny enough, I didn't get waitlisted at NPSIA. Instead, I got an email offering to forward my application package to their MBA program (when I called them all confused, Tabbatha confirmed that NPSIA didn't have space for me). I said sure, forward my file to an MBA program, but I think it's safe for me to conclude that Carleton is not in my cards right now. 

Waiting on GSPIA, which has said it will have decisions out mid-May.

Hi everyone! I'm not applying to grad school anytime soon (just finished second year of undergrad), however I'm trying to figure out where I want to be so I can work on extra curriculars etc. I'm currently studying a BA in International Development with a certificate in refugee and migration studies. I would like to end up working in an NGO/IGO either in Canada or overseas as I have a lot of family in Kenya. I would also like to eventually pursue a phd. I was wondering which program you guys think is better suited for someone not as interested in government work. Which program has more pull/recognition at international institutions etc.  

On 5/3/2017 at 0:11 PM, justapersonwhochangednames said:

Funny enough, I didn't get waitlisted at NPSIA. Instead, I got an email offering to forward my application package to their MBA program (when I called them all confused, Tabbatha confirmed that NPSIA didn't have space for me). I said sure, forward my file to an MBA program, but I think it's safe for me to conclude that Carleton is not in my cards right now. 

Waiting on GSPIA, which has said it will have decisions out mid-May.

Just curious when you had this conversation? Some of us are still waiting to hear from NPSIA, but it sounds like you are saying they are full.

5 hours ago, Irwi said:

Just curious when you had this conversation? Some of us are still waiting to hear from NPSIA, but it sounds like you are saying they are full.

Hi no I'm not saying they're full, period. I'm saying they don't have space for me specifically. They didn't decline me outright (even though that's what it is, it is a rejection from NPSIA for me), they didn't put me on a waitlist either. They simply redirected my application to their MBA program with my consent. I don't know if that means there's space for others on the wailtist or not. (My Carleton Central status is still recommended for assessment though)

Edited by justapersonwhochangednames

I just called Tabbatha at NPSIA. She told me I was placed on hold a while ago and she was surprised that I had not been emailed (status says recommended for assessment). She also said the program is overfull, and there won't be any more offers sent out at least until August, but in actuality she doesn't anticipate any more offers this year at all. This is extremely disappointing to me. Sorry to bear bad news for those of you checking this forum frequently.

36 minutes ago, Irwi said:

I just called Tabbatha at NPSIA. She told me I was placed on hold a while ago and she was surprised that I had not been emailed (status says recommended for assessment). She also said the program is overfull, and there won't be any more offers sent out at least until August, but in actuality she doesn't anticipate any more offers this year at all. This is extremely disappointing to me. Sorry to bear bad news for those of you checking this forum frequently.

Damn.... Well, thanks for checking in with Tabbatha and reporting back. That story makes sense based on how long it's taken to get back to those of us who are in limbo and is basically what I expected/feared. I might still call in just to double check and achieve some sort of closure haha. Better to hear it directly from them so I can stop thinking about it. 

P.S. Damn damn damn damn damn damn it. Damn. 

6 minutes ago, kuuz said:

Damn.... Well, thanks for checking in with Tabbatha and reporting back. That story makes sense based on how long it's taken to get back to those of us who are in limbo and is basically what I expected/feared. I might still call in just to double check and achieve some sort of closure haha. Better to hear it directly from them so I can stop thinking about it. 

P.S. Damn damn damn damn damn damn it. Damn. 

One quick update (for whatever it's worth) I just called NPSIA and spoke with Pat (I tried calling Tabbatha, but Pat picked up). She just told me that everyone will be getting an e-mail one way or another by May 15th. I know that's not the first time we've heard that from them, haha, but hopefully they mean it this time. Pat made it sound like there was an unusually high acceptance rate for first round offers and that NPSIA has yet to decide if there will be a second round at all. Basically it sounds as if what Irwi said above is accurate and there will be a very small or nonexistent second round of admissions come May 15th. It sounds like at this stage we're all waiting to hear back whether we're being waitlisted for the odd spot in August or refused outright. 

Good luck, y'all. 

Anyone has any clue when MUNK will send out decisions for the ones who are waitlisted? I have to reply to other offers. 

They aren't writing back as well, must've emailed them thrice. 

4 minutes ago, Nupur11 said:

They aren't writing back as well, must've emailed them thrice. 

Wow, you should probably chill with the emails lol.

I have it on good word that Munk is in a similar situation to NPSIA, where a large amount of first round offers were extended and a second round may not occur. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I've been on the waitlist for GSPIA for several weeks now. This week, they admitted me! I found out this way: an email alerted me to a change on my uozone account. I logged in on uozone, where my status had been changed to admitted and a PDF of an official offer was available. EEEEEEEE!!!!! i am beyond excited! 

21 hours ago, comeondown said:

So who wants to be my best friend and reject their OGS offer from Munk? Got an email this morning saying I'm an "Alternate"... welp.

What does that mean? Alternate? 

• 2 weeks later...

I also just got booted off the waitlist at Munk. Looks like they finally got around to letting a second group in. Did anybody here get in off of the waitlist? 

Damn. But also a huge congratulations to anybody that made it!

Edited by kuuz
Spelling error

26 minutes ago, kuuz said:

I also just got booted off the waitlist at Munk. Looks like they finally got around to letting a second group in. Did anybody here get in off of the waitlist? 

Damn. But also a huge congratulations to anybody that made it!

How did you find out? My status says Decision Made, hasn't changed. 

Nevertheless I accepted an offer from a Danish University 

15 hours ago, Nupur11 said:

How did you find out? My status says Decision Made, hasn't changed. 

Nevertheless I accepted an offer from a Danish University 

I got an email yesterday afternoon from Munk. If you haven't gotten an emai I suppose that's a good sign!

• 3 weeks later...