PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

7 hours ago, gshel057 said:

Anyone have any insight into why Harvard doesn't seem to have released Health Policy rejections yet? They seem to have released the acceptances..

I'm not sure that all schools have wait lists, so they might be waiting to have the accepted people accept officially before they send out rejections.  Mostly a guess, really, or maybe the admin person is just so busy that sending out acceptances is easier and more urgent than rejections.  Sorry you're waiting :(

23 minutes ago, StillWaiting9999 said:

Anyone hear back from Columbia Epi PhD yet?

Nope! :(
Pretty sure at this point it's a rejection, but it would be nice to have that in writing :P lol 

Just now, StillWaiting9999 said:

Did you have an interview? I can't find any evidence they have released any decisions...

No, hence why I'm 99.99% sure I am going to be rejected.

11 hours ago, gshel057 said:

Anyone have any insight into why Harvard doesn't seem to have released Health Policy rejections yet? They seem to have released the acceptances..

Just got rejected from Harvard HPM!  Wondering why I even bothered to apply... that's a lot of money down the drain. 

10 minutes ago, T7879 said:

Just got rejected from Harvard HPM!  Wondering why I even bothered to apply... that's a lot of money down the drain. 

Same here. And congrats to those who got admitted! 

2 hours ago, StillWaiting9999 said:

Anyone hear back from Columbia Epi PhD yet?

I've been stressing over this, too! It seems so late in comparison to past years. I'm hoping it'll be today...

20 hours ago, mph2phd2017 said:

Has anyone heard from OHSU? Colorado?

It's been silent on the boards and such. Wondering what's going on?

I haven't heard from Colorado at all, but I only applied on 1/27. I sent an email to them today, so hopefully they'll get back with something. 

5 hours ago, SDOHEpi said:

I've been stressing over this, too! It seems so late in comparison to past years. I'm hoping it'll be today...

I emailed admission a week ago and was told that the decisions would be sent by early march. If not today, I'm guessing sometime next week. 

2 hours ago, xtph_ny said:

Also got rejected from PhD from JH mental health program..

but accepted to UMD CP health services research program..

I was accepted to CUNY DPH in Health Policy and Management 

I am having a difficult time deciding.

I'm currently working in NYC. 

UMD vs CUNY what are your thoughts?

Thanks so much!!

Being a native New Yorker I had some bias towards CUNY...however, CUNY for graduate education is actually quite good, and one of my own professors said not to discredit CUNY on that basis... So if you are working NYC, and you do not want to leave your current job, I would say maybe go for CUNY? But also, it seems CUNY would be a DrPH vs. a PhD, which is also it's own question of which degree you think suits you more in regards to your future career goals/interests/etc...

3 hours ago, xtph_ny said:

Also got rejected from PhD from JH mental health program..

but accepted to UMD CP health services research program..

I was accepted to CUNY DPH in Health Policy and Management 

I am having a difficult time deciding.

I'm currently working in NYC. 

UMD vs CUNY what are your thoughts?

Thanks so much!!

First, CONGRATSSS!

I agree with EpiNYC. I think the question should be DrPH vs PhD. I would also consider funding situation as well, do they provide full/partial funding? What about research fit with your potential supervisor? 

Personally I would choose CUNY because I would like to be in an environment that I am familiar with. First year of your doctoral studies can be hectic enough so getting used to another city can be an extra burden (it could be super fun though if you like the city!). I would arrange a meeting with your POI at CUNY to see if you actually like the school, supervisor, and the program. Arrange a skype meeting or visit UMD if you can before your make your decision if possible. 

Thank you guys!! I am waiting for the funding decision from CUNY but UMD CP offers tuition remission and RAship. It is such a difficult decision, but I am thinking about visiting both schools before making my decision! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS   Anyone else feeling like this?!

10 minutes ago, SocialPubHealth said:

Still haven't heard from UCLA CHS. So nervous. Anyone else hear back yet?

I heard back mid- February, you might want to call the department. The admitted students day just took place on Friday.

On 3/1/2017 at 7:23 PM, joshre01 said:

Hey, which dept in Colorado did you interview ? I applied late Jan and haven't heard anything since!

Community and behavioral health, its the DrPH program. What program did you apply for?

14 minutes ago, zalidina said:

I heard back mid- February, you might want to call the department. The admitted students day just took place on Friday.

Thank you! I did email them and was told that the response would be up at the latest the end of this upcoming week (3/10). Did you get accepted? If so, does the notification appear anywhere on the decision desk platform? Would appreciate your insight! Thank you!

9 hours ago, zalidina said:

Community and behavioral health, its the DrPH program. What program did you apply for?

I applied to the Epi PhD program and no word from them still. Hope you get good news!