Hey guys, I was wondering about who has applied to bachelor of education or teaching programs in Ontario! I have some questions:

Which schools have you applied to?

For what age concentration?

What are your teachables?

What was your GPA?

What relevant experience did you have?

I've applied to OISE, UOIT, and York for intermediate/senior. My teachables are biology & social science. I had a ~4.0 GPA in my last 2 years. I worked in a local high school for the past 2 years.

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I applied to Queens, UOttawa and Western for primary/junior.

I have a BA in Linguistics and Psych from Western and a graduate certificate in Autism and Behavioural Science from Algonquin College. My experience is mostly with Autism students in an ABA background and Ive been an Educational Assistant for over a year as well. 

I'm just waiting to hear from any schools now since the possibility for acceptance opened yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I applied with a B+ average, a few Summers as a summer camp counsellor and 150 hours of in-class volunteering. My teachables are History and English, and I tried to apply to the middle school or younger rang,e. I applied to a lot of colleges because I was terrified I wasn't going to get in. 

On February 1st I got accepted to Wilfred Laurier University, Lakehead (Orillia campus), Trent, and UOIT for the older division. I also know I got waitlists for UOIT's primary division.

Haven't gotten anything for York junior/intermediate and it was my first choice. Wondering if anyone has heard anything from them?

Edited by Alicechii

Hi Everyone :) I applied to OISE MT Primary/Junior Program and York  University BED Junior/Intermediate in Social Studies 

My GPA is 3.7 I was a singing/drama instructor part time for 4 years and I have been a full time environmental educator for 1.5 years. I also have worked as a respite worker for kids with disabilities. 

Good Luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All! I have been accepted to Queen's and Western and still waiting to hear from uOttawa. I have seen/heard different dates for releasing for uOttawa results. It is March 1 now...waiting for results. I think I want to go to Queen's but I want to hear from uOttawa first before I fully decide!

2 hours ago, ssbbaker said:

Ok I got my letter yesterday!! Can't believe I got it out here in the prairies before you in ON but maybe they're just.. unorganized? But I've never read on any forum that there was a mistake on ROSI so I'm so confident you'll get your letter soon.

Also I was accepted to the mental health stream (adv standing). And was also accepted at Carleton.

That's great, I live 30 minutes from the school and received my letter in the mail last Friday. 

I am also in the Health and Mental Health stream advanced standing part time. 

2 hours ago, Meggle said:

Hello All! I have been accepted to Queen's and Western and still waiting to hear from uOttawa. I have seen/heard different dates for releasing for uOttawa results. It is March 1 now...waiting for results. I think I want to go to Queen's but I want to hear from uOttawa first before I fully decide!

If you check uozone the results are up for Ottawa directly on their wesbite! I've gotten accepted but I want to stay in Toronto, hopefully you're in!

On 3/1/2017 at 2:27 PM, vvl said:

If you check uozone the results are up for Ottawa directly on their wesbite! I've gotten accepted but I want to stay in Toronto, hopefully you're in!

Thanks!! It was there and it also showed up on ouac today as well, I was accepted. Now just to decide where to go! I must say Western gets points just for there "admission certificate". It was on nicer paper than my degree, and I graduated from Western! LOL. Has anyone decided for certain yet? Only a few days to make up our minds. 

5 hours ago, Meggle said:

Thanks!! It was there and it also showed up on ouac today as well, I was accepted. Now just to decide where to go! I must say Western gets points just for there "admission certificate". It was on nicer paper than my degree, and I graduated from Western! LOL. Has anyone decided for certain yet? Only a few days to make up our minds. 

LOL! I felt the exact same way!! If I were to leave Toronto, 100% I would be going to Western.  I got into York but I'm waiting on OISE and then that would be the deciding factor.  I just don't want to make the wrong decision :unsure:.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:47 AM, vvl said:

LOL! I felt the exact same way!! If I were to leave Toronto, 100% I would be going to Western.  I got into York but I'm waiting on OISE and then that would be the deciding factor.  I just don't want to make the wrong decision :unsure:.

Well I have officially accepted Queen's. My fate is sealed... (dun dun dun). Looking forward to meeting anyone else Kingston bound!

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2017 at 3:45 PM, Meggle said:

Well I have officially accepted Queen's. My fate is sealed... (dun dun dun). Looking forward to meeting anyone else Kingston bound!

I know that Ontario teachers have good salaries and also they have  big pensions! There is a good idea - go to Ontario to work as a teacher as person who helps others to acquire knowledge, competences or values! But all teachers who teach in other cities - have bad salaries and have bad pensions! Only teachers  people who helps others to acquire knowledge, competences or values from Ontario that is one of the 13 provinces and territories of Canada and is located in east-central Canada and people who work for the company that presented by the site  https://essaybison.com and write research and other papers of defferent types for students - have good salaries that clever people deserve!

Edited by brucerutigliano