Fall 2017 Education Acceptances/Interviews/Rejections

hopefulPhD2017

21 hours ago, girgis99 said:

I applied for the PhD at UC Irvine's Education School with a EPSC specialization and I haven't heard anything either. My GATS tracker also shows "being reviewed". :(

@girgis99, I saw in the Results that someone, who's applying for EPSC, already received an interview invitation on 1/10. At any rate, my GATS tracker is still showing "being reviewed."

4 hours ago, higheredbee said:

Hang in there! The program has a wait list (at least the year I was in it) and sometimes someone from the wait list gets accepted later on!

Ah!! Just got an email from the program director that they are recommending me for admission and an official notice will be sent in the next few weeks! I guess I was just getting to anxious while waiting!

1 hour ago, rockrmoose said:

Ah!! Just got an email from the program director that they are recommending me for admission and an official notice will be sent in the next few weeks! I guess I was just getting to anxious while waiting!

Hooray! Congrats @rockrmoose! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to PM me =)

I received a similar recommended for admission and the official notice will be sent afterwards from Indiana University Bloomington! First (preliminary) acceptance!

Edited by higheredbee
Good news!

On 1/24/2017 at 3:01 PM, rockrmoose said:

Hi @rockrmoose! It looks like we got into some of the same programs! I also got acceptances for USF's HESA program and UCLA's Student Affairs program, in addition to the Higher Ed Program at GWU :)  Congratulations! So exciting. 

Out of 5 programs, I haven't heard from 2 yet, and I've been accepted to 1 (UMN) and invited to visit 2 (ASU & CU-Boulder).  The 3 of them are doing the welcome/interview weekend the same week/weekend.  I'm for sure going to ASU for the interview, however, CU-Boulder calls theirs a "Welcome Weekend," but says that they make their decisions AFTER it (hmmm).  My issue is I already have ASU & UMN booked, and while CU-Boulder has a great school, the program isn't as closely aligned to my interests as the other schools I've applied to.  I think at this point I have to e-mail them to say I can't make it but would love to Skype or do anything else I can to get to know them and vice versa--I just have a feeling that it's signing my rejection.  Thoughts or has anyone heard anything about CU?  It's so hard to pass up an opportunity, but it would be cutting it so close with the travel schedule.

16 hours ago, pleemo said:

Hi @rockrmoose! It looks like we got into some of the same programs! I also got acceptances for USF's HESA program and UCLA's Student Affairs program, in addition to the Higher Ed Program at GWU :)  Congratulations! So exciting. 

@pleemo Congrats!! Are you going to any preview days? :) Maybe we'll meet! Are you waiting on any other schools? I didn't apply to GWU but am waiting on UMich and Penn.

49 minutes ago, rockrmoose said:

Congrats @higheredbee !! So exciting!

They sent out their acceptances for the MA program too, I was accepted! :)

@rockrmoose congrats to you too! Will they be having admit day for MA students on 3/10 also? Would love to see you there!

41 minutes ago, PhDinEdu said:

Congrats @higheredbee! Do you or anyone know if UMich sent out anything for their "Educational Studies" programs? Specifically "Teaching and Teacher Education"? Fingers crossed...

@PhDinEdu unfortunately I don't know specifically for that program! It sounded like each program within the school of education ran along its own timeline, best of luck waiting it out! 

1 hour ago, waitnhope said:

Does anyone know about how many students are accepted into Stanford's RILE PhD Program? 

I don't but it sounds like an awesome program. Good luck! Stanford GSE thread eerily quiet. One interview on results board so far. 

@MTAdventuress  Congrats, I am also going to Boulder's welcome weekend.  From what I understand from applicants in earlier years, it's very likely you'll be accepted if you are invited to welcome weekend - I think you'd have to make a very bad impression on them not to be.  I had a skype interview with POIs before receiving the invite, which really helped me clear up some doubts I had about my research goals matching with the that of the faculty.  If you haven't done that yet I"m sure they'd be amenable to it. Good luck

7 hours ago, higheredbee said:

@rockrmoose congrats to you too! Will they be having admit day for MA students on 3/10 also? Would love to see you there!

@PhDinEdu unfortunately I don't know specifically for that program! It sounded like each program within the school of education ran along its own timeline, best of luck waiting it out! 

Yes, admit day is on 3/10 for MA students as well! Not sure if I'm going yet, but I'll let you know if I do!

13 hours ago, Caballita9287 said:

@MTAdventuress  Congrats, I am also going to Boulder's welcome weekend.  From what I understand from applicants in earlier years, it's very likely you'll be accepted if you are invited to welcome weekend - I think you'd have to make a very bad impression on them not to be.  I had a skype interview with POIs before receiving the invite, which really helped me clear up some doubts I had about my research goals matching with the that of the faculty.  If you haven't done that yet I"m sure they'd be amenable to it. Good luck

@Caballita9287 Thank you so much and congratulations to you, too!  What program in the School of Education are you interested in?  Have you heard about any alternative options for students who can't attend the welcome weekend or if it just automatically eliminates you?  I should contact my POIs, too.  That's a great idea :)

@texas_teacher I'm still waiting, too!  I saw last year someone was notified February 1st...maybe today's the day?  Or I could have just jinxed it :(  Let us know if you hear anything!

1 hour ago, MTAdventuress said:

@Caballita9287 Thank you so much and congratulations to you, too!  What program in the School of Education are you interested in?  Have you heard about any alternative options for students who can't attend the welcome weekend or if it just automatically eliminates you?  I should contact my POIs, too.  That's a great idea :)

@texas_teacher I'm still waiting, too!  I saw last year someone was notified February 1st...maybe today's the day?  Or I could have just jinxed it :(  Let us know if you hear anything!

Gosh, I'm hoping so! Fingers crossed - should be soon! 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:48 PM, Espeon said:

Actually just got an email for a phone interview with the faculty member with the most closely associated research interests to mine at UNC Chapel Hill! Super excited--first I've heard anything!

Excellent! Hurrah!

Loving all the enthusiasm and acceptances on here :)

I was accepted to University of San Diego's Higher Education Leadership program and also invited to interview for San Diego State University's Postsecondary Educational Leadership - Student Affairs program. These are the only 2 that I applied to--need to stay local to the San Diego area, but I'm glad I have some options! Interview/campus visit days for both schools overlap (one is Thurs-Fri, other is Fri-Sat) so hopefully I can make them both work. Getting major FOMO seeing acceptances from schools I would have love to attend. Congrats everyone!

1 hour ago, donnalyy said:

Loving all the enthusiasm and acceptances on here :)

I was accepted to University of San Diego's Higher Education Leadership program and also invited to interview for San Diego State University's Postsecondary Educational Leadership - Student Affairs program. These are the only 2 that I applied to--need to stay local to the San Diego area, but I'm glad I have some options! Interview/campus visit days for both schools overlap (one is Thurs-Fri, other is Fri-Sat) so hopefully I can make them both work. Getting major FOMO seeing acceptances from schools I would have love to attend. Congrats everyone!

Hello Donnalyy are you applying to Masters or PhD programs? Congratulations on your interviews!!

On 1/31/2017 at 3:14 PM, hopefulPhD2017 said:

I don't but it sounds like an awesome program. Good luck! Stanford GSE thread eerily quiet. One interview on results board so far. 

Stanford GSE thread is quiet because it was stated explicitly from Stanford that they do not interview (at least for PhD) and that decisions will come out mid-February (February 15th?). Chances are that that interview was either an anomaly or for a non-PhD program