Just HOW Competitive is Rutgers PsyD program?

CoffeeErryday

I'm wondering just how competitive is Rutgers PsyD program? And admitted or current students here on the forum that can shed some light on the process please?

It's definitely my dream school to enter but I want to strategize myself effectively and plan ahead. 

Would love any opinions, thanks!

• 3 years later...
26 minutes ago, Psy-aye-aye said:

Hi!

Did you end up applying to the Rutgers PsyD or get any info on how competitive it is? Thanks in advance!

You can see the admissions outcomes data, including number of applicants compared to how many admissions offers here: https://gsapp.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/images/c-20_2020_clinical_0.pdf

It looks like, in the 2019-2020 application season, approximately 11.4% of applicants received an admissions offer (41 offers/360 applicants). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they report GPA and GRE scores for incoming class like other programs do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, PyschMama said:

I also applied to their PsyD program and it is also my top choice. I have heard it's very competitive... fingers crossed for both of us, although I am pretty sure I will not even get an interview lol. But one can dream.

Why do you say that? Have confidence in yourself! I'm sure you have a valuable educational or professional history. 

22 hours ago, nmoyers97 said:

Why do you say that? Have confidence in yourself! I'm sure you have a valuable educational or professional history. 

I consider myself a competitive applicant, and while I feel confident in that I also know how competitive some of these programs are, Rutgers being one of them. Especially this year with all schools getting record numbers of applicants. Like I said, one can dream, and while I know that I am a competitive applicant I also know that it would take a lot of luck to even get an interview at Rutgers. I am not saying it's impossible, but it's def a reach, so I am being realistic. Doesn't mean it can't happen but not very likely. 

3 hours ago, Aneesha B said:

Has anyone heard back from GSAPP, Rutgers for PsyD Clinical? I am honestly freaking out...

They had one of the latest deadlines so I think it might be a bit premature to freak out :) There is still hope