When will we hear!!!!

Oh my goodness, there have been so many acceptances this week!  Congrats!!  I'm still waiting to hear from my schools.  I know that several of my schools haven't even begun to look at grad applications, and that this year has the highest submission rate.  (not things I want to hear).  I'm hoping to know something soon...  (pulling my hair out!)

6 hours ago, downtownbrown said:

I go to Ithaca undergrad for SLP if anyone has any questions about the program/area! 

I just got accepted at Ithaca!!! This is my first acceptance, so I'm so beyond excited and relieved!

My first questions would be what's the general atmosphere of both the campus and the speech program? How organized is it, and do the students seem unreasonably stressed? What are the facilities like? Do you know what the externships are like? Second question would be, how do you cope with the weather? Is it gloomy for most of the year? I'm from the south, but I've been to the north east several times, including during snow storms, but I've never been to upstate New York. How is Ithaca/upstate New York different from say Connecticut or Massachusetts in terms of weather? Also how is the school's relationship with Cornell? Is there a rivalry, do they interact, ignore each other? Are Cornell students snobbish/have a superiority complex? Or are they just chill, for lack of a better word? Haha

Thank you, and sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions!! Any kind of insight or general advice you have would be super helpful!

1 hour ago, kenz said:

I just got accepted at Ithaca!!! This is my first acceptance, so I'm so beyond excited and relieved!

Congratulations!! And by the way about the weather in Upstate, I can't really compare it to MA/CT because I've never been there but yeah there's a lot of snow. I currently go to school around Lake Erie and it snows... a lot... it's snowing right now actually, and last weekend it was 70 degrees. I'm originally from the Lake Ontario/Finger Lakes region, and Ithaca is at the bottom of Cayuga lake so I assume they probably get lake effect too. But the weather never really stops anyone from doing anything around here. I haven't visited the town of Ithaca but the area in general has a lot of natural beauty :) 

Editing to add that you will get the full range of seasons here and they are all so pretty in my opinion! Summers are hot but nice, falls are perfect sweater weather and beautiful.

Edited by JcSLP

11 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

Do decisions get sent out over weekends ever?

I don't think so. Probably only when the admissions offices are open. 

3 minutes ago, jmk said:

I don't think so. Probably only when the admissions offices are open. 

Yeah, I know that based on the survey page, however, people in the past have reported things being said on Saturday's. I don't know how common that is or if they were really just on Friday's!

18 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

I got a decision email 2 weeks ago on early Saturday morning to check my portal. I think it's pretty rare though. 

2 minutes ago, maurmaur said:

Yeah, I know that based on the survey page, however, people in the past have reported things being said on Saturday's. I don't know how common that is or if they were really just on Friday's!

Maybe it depends on the school? I was sent an interview invitation email on a Saturday afternoon. Not sure if they did that just because it was an interview rather than a final decision though. 

27 minutes ago, JcSLP said:

Congratulations!! And by the way about the weather in Upstate, I can't really compare it to MA/CT because I've never been there but yeah there's a lot of snow. I currently go to school around Lake Erie and it snows... a lot... it's snowing right now actually, and last weekend it was 70 degrees. I'm originally from the Lake Ontario/Finger Lakes region, and Ithaca is at the bottom of Cayuga lake so I assume they probably get lake effect too. But the weather never really stops anyone from doing anything around here. I haven't visited the town of Ithaca but the area in general has a lot of natural beauty :) 

Editing to add that you will get the full range of seasons here and they are all so pretty in my opinion! Summers are hot but nice, falls are perfect sweater weather and beautiful.

That's good to know there's a full range of seasons! I've heard it's beautiful up there, and that there's a lot to do in terms of outdoor activities, which is very exciting! I'm mainly concerned about being snowed in 24/7, so it's good to know the weather doesn't stop people from getting out. 

This waiting game has been killer. I'm especially nervous being wait listed twice & really regretting not retaking the GRE. I wish all the Ohio schools would announce sooner!!

On 3/3/2017 at 10:05 PM, maurmaur said:

Unfortunately, it's uncommon.  It's been taking the fun out of my weekends these past few weeks!

However, I received my first acceptance letter this previous Saturday as it was sent through post mail.