Dear other schools

prolixity

Dear non-Top 10 school,

Being at a top-10 grad school isn't all that wonderful. I need a better fit. You are my ying and I am your yang.

Love,

me

Dear all schools,

Please consider applicants based solely on their participation on GradCafe.

Accept with funding everyone who posts frequently. Waitlist the lurkers. Reject everyone else.

Love,

Sparky

Agreed!

Dear all schools,

Accept with funding everyone who posts frequently. Waitlist the lurkers. Reject everyone else.

Love,

Sparky

No love for the occasional posters? Ouch. :(

Dear schools,

Please consider the restraint and modesty required not to post too much on the GradCafe and give first priority to the occasional posters.

Much love and best wishes,

Repatriate

Dear all schools,

Love,

Sparky

Define "frequently".

No love for the occasional posters? Ouch. :(

Define frequently.

Amended letter:

Dear all schools,

Please consider all applicants based solely on their participation on GradCafe.

Accept with full funding everyone who has more to contribute than "wut r my chancez." Those applicants' applications are to be forwarded to your law schools.

Hugs and kisses,

Sparky

Dear School.

I know you've told me not to write or call, that you needed time to think things over...

What happened? School.. Where did we go wrong??

Even before I met you, you wooed me with your promises of happy futures together. Do you remember, school? Do you?

I do. You used to make it sound so easy. You even set up an online system for me to apply, so you could receive my letters faster. Like you couldn't wait to read them! Was it all a lie?

And then... Then, you started making demands. Asking me for more transcripts, more test scores. Money even!! I spent all I had on you. School. ... I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

But did I ever blame you? Did I ever say anything hurt you?

Yes. Yes, I might have written other schools. But at least I was honest. I told you! I told you as soon as you asked if there was someone else! I gave you a list, School.

And now, this silence. Where are you now, School? What are you doing? Are you reading someone else's SOPs? Letting yourself be charmed by their heavily revised writing style, their overblown rec letters, their stellar scores? Can't you see that none of it matters?!?? Because I'm THE ONE. I'm the one, School. And you know it.

And I know it too. That's why I sit here, night after night, waiting for you to call and tell me you want me, like I know you do.

You have cost me my rent, my friends and my dignity, School. While you are out ogling other applicants, I could be doing the same with other schools, but I don't! I don't because I WANT YOU!

And you may think I'm needy, and weird, and obsessed.. And you might even call me a creep if you knew that I spend most of my time on your website, looking at pictures of your exes, and trying to picture my head on their bodies, mentally photoshopping myself into pictures of us together... But that's just because I know we're meant to be, School.

So please. Pick up the phone and call.

I'll be waiting.

Yours.

m

Dear School.

I know you've told me not to write or call, that you needed time to think things over...

What happened? School.. Where did we go wrong??

Even before I met you, you wooed me with your promises of happy futures together. Do you remember, school? Do you?

I do. You used to make it sound so easy. You even set up an online system for me to apply, so you could receive my letters faster. Like you couldn't wait to read them! Was it all a lie?

And then... Then, you started making demands. Asking me for more transcripts, more test scores. Money even!! I spent all I had on you. School. ... I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

But did I ever blame you? Did I ever say anything hurt you?

Yes. Yes, I might have written other schools. But at least I was honest. I told you! I told you as soon as you asked if there was someone else! I gave you a list, School.

And now, this silence. Where are you now, School? What are you doing? Are you reading someone else's SOPs? Letting yourself be charmed by their heavily revised writing style, their overblown rec letters, their stellar scores? Can't you see that none of it matters?!?? Because I'm THE ONE. I'm the one, School. And you know it.

And I know it too. That's why I sit here, night after night, waiting for you to call and tell me you want me, like I know you do.

You have cost me my rent, my friends and my dignity, School. While you are out ogling other applicants, I could be doing the same with other schools, but I don't! I don't because I WANT YOU!

And you may think I'm needy, and weird, and obsessed.. And you might even call me a creep if you knew that I spend most of my time on your website, looking at pictures of your exes, and trying to picture my head on their bodies, mentally photoshopping myself into pictures of us together... But that's just because I know we're meant to be, School.

So please. Pick up the phone and call.

I'll be waiting.

Yours.

m

This is fantastic!