Playwriting MFAs

dampka

On 3/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, Waitwaitdotellme said:

Per Results, looks like Yale is contacting people now? 

Has anyone who interviewed with Northwestern received any further news? 

Looks like it. I have a friend who says she received an email telling her she was a semifinalist and that she has an interview at the end of the week. Thought that the semifinalist thing was odd - if you're at the interview process aren't you a finalist by that point? Unless they have a second round of interviews? Anyway, I didn't apply to Yale this year so thought I'd throw that out there for all you folks who did!

7 hours ago, thepublicuniversalfriend said:

Got accepted at CMU! And not sure if I can go with the financial offer they made. Oof. Well. Any advice on negotiating appreciated. Otherwise it's another year of apps for me, seems like rejections everywhere else.

Good luck on your interview @fart!

To be quite honest as a finalist for the past two years at CMU, I heard they are taking away all senior thesis productions, so I feel like you may be dodging a bullet.  

On 3/9/2023 at 6:24 PM, fart said:

I have an interview for Yale. Semi-finalist. Has anyone gone thru this process before? It's a 30 min group interview + a 30 min individual interview. Both with the chairs of the playwriting program.

what was your experience? was it scary?

9 hours ago, toreckonwithhenry said:

i recently received an acceptance to nyu's dramatic writing program! but the financial situation is pretty tricky for me. as a first time applicant to grad programs, im not totally sure how to navigate that - does anyone have advice about trying to negotiate with financial aid offices?

Congrats!! Regarding your question about financial aid - have you been accepted anywhere else? Sometimes that's helpful in negotiating a better deal. Like say you were also in at Columbia, then you would bring that up to the NYU team and it'll make them want to make their offer more enticing.