Playwriting MFAs

dampka

23 hours ago, Zebras4Ever said:

@Writer787 did you email Arkansas to ask? I was gonna check in but guess I’ll wait if they’re meeting tomorrow

Yea, I emailed John Walch to touch base since nothing had been sent (acceptance, waitlist, or rejection) yet. And he said they were meeting today. No idea what the timeline beyond that is though. -_-

In case anyone is wondering about Northwestern or may apply there in the future: I called them because I was interviewed back in February and heard nothing since. They were really helpful and explained Northwestern does rolling admissions (post-interviews I guess?) until they have their class of 12 Dramatic Writing students. They told me that sometimes the last decisions/acceptances happen as late as June! It seems like a weird system, I havenʻt heard of other schools doing it this way. One hypothesis, pure conjecture from me: maybe they try to get their top choices early by offering them better scholarships, etc. and then fill in the remaining spaces slowly as they find people willing to pay the money for the program.

Thanks @Writer787 for the update! Hopefully weʻll hear something soon.

Edited by Zebras4Ever

I was waitlisted at a school about two weeks ago and am curious about timing.  Presumably people were accepted two weeks ago when I was waitlisted.   How long do those people have to accept?  Is there a certain point where if people haven't declined or accepted they automatically move on to the waitlist?  Is there a deadline to accept?  Also, if I do get accepted how long would I have to accept?  I know every school is different, but I'm curious if there are any general pointers.

33 minutes ago, NYer said:

I was waitlisted at a school about two weeks ago and am curious about timing.  Presumably people were accepted two weeks ago when I was waitlisted.   How long do those people have to accept?  Is there a certain point where if people haven't declined or accepted they automatically move on to the waitlist?  Is there a deadline to accept?  Also, if I do get accepted how long would I have to accept?  I know every school is different, but I'm curious if there are any general pointers.

I am wondering the same thing. I read once somewhere that someone admitted off the waitlist had 72 hours to accept or decline, but I assume it's more time for someone accepted from the general pool. Anyone? 

4 hours ago, faro555 said:

So...we know Brooklyn has sent out acceptances...but has anyone been rejected yet? 

I don’t think so. Brooklyn is notoriously blasé, Mickey Mouse, and rude to their applicants. Extreme nepotism, too.

Edited by TBA1982

10 minutes ago, Writer787 said:

No dice, just a nicely worded rejection. Best of luck on the waitlist!

Diddo. I've now heard back from all the schools I applied to. Currently on two wait lists. One for playwriting, one for poetry.

10 minutes ago, Zebras4Ever said:

Hahaha, I'm not willing to make any bets! How much more waiting can we take :blink:  Has anyone been contacted by Ohio, since that lone report of someone being interviewed back in March, posted on the results page?

I don't think so. Did you have an interview?

1 hour ago, Penny Jar said:

So... If you have until April 15th to decide... when does that expire? Midnight on the 15th.... not midnight the 14th right? Its a Sunday so I'm just running scared of any technically glitches... 

i would assume close of business on the 15th, but since it's a Sunday this year I'm not sure.