Playwriting MFAs

dampka

Well, I decided to accept the UCSD offer, so I'll be withdrawing from UT and Brown. Good luck to all of you still waiting and/or figuring it all out! If any of you are applying to UCSD next year, I'm sure I'll have a lot of insight, so hit me up! ?

On 2/24/2019 at 11:53 PM, captbaka said:

Well, I decided to accept the UCSD offer, so I'll be withdrawing from UT and Brown. Good luck to all of you still waiting and/or figuring it all out! If any of you are applying to UCSD next year, I'm sure I'll have a lot of insight, so hit me up! ?

How exciting!!! Congrats! ? 

Yes! Had a great, inspiring callback weekend at New School this past weekend, but aside from them, I haven't heard anything at all, which seems very odd other than the Yale rejections most of us got mid-Feb. The last time I applied to Brown I'd already been rejected by now, so.... what gives? 

That’s really strange. So no one other than @RoryGilmore has heard from NYU even though the screenplay/television forums are going nuts with buzz? I guess that’s good news because I assumed I was the only one. (I was writing my NYU obituary in my head already). But also that’s really...strange? 

As far as Columbia, it looks like these are the prime days for them to request interviews (between now and mid-late March). For Brooklyn, I can find no evidence they even interview. And Hunter...I think this is the first year they don’t require the GRE and they pushed back their deadline twice, plus the faculty switch-ups, so the information available really isn’t applicable. I didn’t apply to Brown but I totally feel your pain. 

Bottom line: I think we’re all in it for the long run, but at least NOBODY is hearing back rather than just a few of us. I can’t imagine it’ll be too long before they open the floodgates and we’re all overcome with happiness/devastation/both. 

I haven't heard anything other than my NYU interview and Michener rejection :( I know UTA and Brown notified their finalists already (according to the results page), but I'm wondering why they're taking so long with rejections? 

Speaking of NYU, I had my Skype interview on Monday, and the interviewer told me that she still hasn't notified all the finalists yet! She's going on a workshop until March 14th, and she said she's going to reach out to people for interviews after that. So don't write your NYU obituary in your head @lonewolfe094...there's still hope! :) 

I also applied to Brooklyn, Hunter, and Rutgers, but haven't heard anything from them either. 

1 hour ago, RoryGilmore said:

I haven't heard anything other than my NYU interview and Michener rejection :( I know UTA and Brown notified their finalists already (according to the results page), but I'm wondering why they're taking so long with rejections? 

Speaking of NYU, I had my Skype interview on Monday, and the interviewer told me that she still hasn't notified all the finalists yet! She's going on a workshop until March 14th, and she said she's going to reach out to people for interviews after that. So don't write your NYU obituary in your head @lonewolfe094...there's still hope! :) 

I also applied to Brooklyn, Hunter, and Rutgers, but haven't heard anything from them either. 

That’s really great info! Thanks so much! 

On 3/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, RoryGilmore said:

Thank you so much, @RoryGilmore! I was convinced that there was no way for an NYU interview at this point, so that's super helpful!

USC emailed me earlier tonight to let me know that I'm a semi-finalist for their Dramatic Writing program. Well, they actually emailed me a follow-up email to an email that was apparently eaten by the email goblins. I have a skype interview in two weeks!

After 5 years of being outright rejected by grad school programs all across the country, this feels really nice. Keep writing and applying, friends! You never know when someone will finally say yes to you.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:24 AM, Coffee&Flowers said:

Just got the official rejection from Brown. It was an email that said I should log into the portal to see the decision made in regards to my application.

Ugh. Haven't heard from Brown at all (no interview, but also no rejection). My status still just says "submitted" on the portal; I know I'm not rejected because I applied 3 years ago and that rejection looks different. What's your vote, y'all? Should I contact them tomorrow to see if it means anything? 

Edited by brillantina

20 hours ago, Not Sarah Ruhl said:

USC emailed me earlier tonight to let me know that I'm a semi-finalist for their Dramatic Writing program. Well, they actually emailed me a follow-up email to an email that was apparently eaten by the email goblins. I have a skype interview in two weeks!

After 5 years of being outright rejected by grad school programs all across the country, this feels really nice. Keep writing and applying, friends! You never know when someone will finally say yes to you.

That's amazing!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! ❤️❤️