Master's Admissions 2017(MA,MTS, ThM or Mdiv)

Johnny.S

2 hours ago, soitgoes said:

I also called HDS. They said "by the end of the week." This could mean Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I'm hoping they release the results by tomorrow.

ugh that makes me not think it'll be tomorrow, as I feel like they would have just said "tomorrow". 

Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

43 minutes ago, BeeKayCee said:

ugh that makes me not think it'll be tomorrow, as I feel like they would have just said "tomorrow". 

Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

If it makes you feel better, I emailed another school I applied to last week and was told "by the end of the week", and it was actually the next day that I heard back.

2 hours ago, Limitless101 said:

Seth101793 - I am about 99% confident that YDS will send out decisions on March 15th. It looks like they already made the decisions and have to officially send them out to students. Fingers crossed and best of luck for all of us! 

Best of luck to you and everyone else!

14 minutes ago, Seth101793 said:

Anyone knows the typical admission rate for Yale's MARc program?

Overall, YDS has about a 45% acceptance rate. This fluctuates year to year but their MARc program generally is somewhere around 25-30%.

It's skewed because the M.Div program has a higher percentage. When YDS gives acceptance rates they release a median rate across all programs, which isn't that helpful.

1 minute ago, xypathos said:

Overall, YDS has about a 45% acceptance rate. This fluctuates year to year but their MARc program generally is somewhere around 25-30%.

It's skewed because the M.Div program has a higher percentage. When YDS gives acceptance rates they release a median rate across all programs, which isn't that helpful.

Thanks for the response! Very nervous for tomorrow, but at least I have Oxford in my back-pocket.

11 minutes ago, PlayOrGetPlayed said:

@Mememememe I got an email from two ND professors yesterday telling me I got accepted, and today I got an official email linking to a formal decision on their admission website.  It probably isn't good if you didn't get any of that.

Judging from the news last week about admitted students receiving phone calls, I wonder if some people are on an "unofficial" waitlist and might hear later than those whom they admitted and received positive answers from last week. That is, before giving out official admission offers, they wanted to see if those they called turned it down, for whatever reasons, and they could, subsequently, offer those slots to applicants they placed on this "waitlist"? I could be completely off, but it's a thought that occurred to me.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

3 minutes ago, bijou2017 said:

Y'all got me too hyped for 11:59a today ? still nothing from HDS in my email....

Haha, I was also sitting at my computer waiting until 11:59 am. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Just now, avocet said:

Haha, I was also sitting at my computer waiting until 11:59 am. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

makes three of us. i was up at 6 am and planning my day around getting word from HDS at 11:59. so here i am, watching a steven seagal movie and eating peanut butter. 

Grats on Yale @Limitless101 and to others that will/have received them!

A Pre-Seminary advisory panel that I'm involved in, in Charlotte, NC has had an applicant to HDS claim an acceptance, on the group's FB page. No mention on how they were notified but I've reached out to them.

EDIT: Student was informally notified by professor that he was accepted - formal decisions aren't out yet.

Edited by xypathos