Master's Admissions 2017(MA,MTS, ThM or Mdiv)

Johnny.S

2 minutes ago, xypathos said:

Grats on Yale @Limitless101 and to others that will/have received them!

A Pre-Seminary advisory panel that I'm involved in, in Charlotte, NC has had an applicant to HDS claim an acceptance, on the group's FB page. No mention on how they were notified but I've reached out to them.

That seems weird to me, as HDS is very clear that they release all their decisions at the same time online only (as I'm sure everyone on this forum is painfully aware)... I'm curious to hear their answer when you find out.

Edited by BeeKayCee

2 minutes ago, BeeKayCee said:

That seems weird to me, as HDS is very clear that they release all their decisions at the same time online only... I'm curious to hear their answer when you find out.

Quick turn around. I haven't worked with the small group that this student is in but I think he's reputable.

That said, per the student he was notified in a private email by a professor he's hoping to work with, aiming for a PhD post-M.Div. So, it's an informal notification and a false flag about all decisions being released.

Sorry folks :( I'll update earlier post.

2 minutes ago, xypathos said:

Quick turn around. I haven't worked with the small group that this student is in but I think he's reputable.

That said, per the student he was notified in a private email by a professor he's hoping to work with, aiming for a PhD post-M.Div. So, it's an informal notification and a false flag about all decisions being released.

Sorry folks :( I'll update earlier post.

Makes sense. Well congrats to him! Let's hope it's an omen of further notifications to come. 

Anxiously awaiting any kind of contact from HDS... I'm supposed to go into a work meeting in 2 hours and I'm a mess! I called earlier and the office said that "decisions will go out in the next few days", so take that for what it's worth.

Edit: Also important to mention, she said that everyone will be notified via email.

Edited by ExceedinglyCaffeinated
information

10 minutes ago, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

Anxiously awaiting any kind of contact from HDS... I'm supposed to go into a work meeting in 2 hours and I'm a mess! I called earlier and the office said that "decisions will go out in the next few days", so take that for what it's worth.

@ExceedinglyCaffeinated Thank you for keeping us updated =)

Edited by caffeinator

4 hours ago, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

Any further updates in regards to HDS?

Haven't heard anything, but I'm hoping the decisions are released earlier in the day. I have class from 1:30 to 7, so it's going to be pretty hard to focus if I'm expecting a decision! 

Is the 11:59 am thing standard, or was that just one year?

47 minutes ago, xypathos said:

That was 2014, I had heard the time had changed but that it was still March 15th - yet, that's obviously not the case this year.

I suspect it'll be the 16th or 17th then.

Im gonna bet the storm prevented them from doing finishing touches. Columbia students had the same response and were told a one day delay. 

I talked with my pals yesterday and one of my friends who applied to the MTS program of Harvard in 2014-15 (accepted but turn down their offer) told me that she received an official decision email on 17th March (Tuesday) that year. Like now, Harvard was on spring break for 3/14-3/22. It seems like their recent decisions shows some flexibility for a day or two. 

I'll cross my fingers for all of you (including myself). 

--

And one quick question.  Is Harvard's initial funding offer merit-based or need-based?

My financial situation has been significantly changed (became bad actually) since the submission of application (I don't remember whether HDS' MTS application or financial aids application had list-boxes for funding sources and details, but if there were, I would write down some financial resources which no longer exist).    Now if HDS' offer is lesser than 80%, I'm afraid I could not attend the program. And it seems like it's too late to ask for HDS' office to consider these change. 

But if HDS' initial offer is based on merit-based and they give somes full-tuition remission and stipend, for an international applicant, regardless of one's financial need, I think I still have some chances (I already have one M* and also have  journal publications and conference papers).    Any thoughts? 

Edited by Johnny.S

1 hour ago, Johnny.S said:

I talked with my pals yesterday and one of my friends who applied to the MTS program of Harvard in 2014-15 (accepted but turn down their offer) told me that she received an official decision email on 17th March (Tuesday) that year. Like now, Harvard was on spring break for 3/14-3/22. It seems like their recent decisions shows some flexibility for a day or two. 

--

And one quick question.  Is Harvard's initial funding offer merit-based or need-based?

My financial situation has been significantly changed (became bad actually) since the submission of application (I don't remember whether HDS' MTS application or financial aids application had list-boxes for funding sources and details, but if there were, I would write down some financial resources which no longer exist).    Now if HDS' offer is lesser than 80%, I'm afraid I could not attend the program. And it seems like it's too late to ask for HDS' office to consider these change. 

But if HDS' initial offer is based on merit-based and they give somes full-tuition remission and stipend, for an international applicant, regardless of one's financial need, I think I still have some chances (I already have one M* and also have  journal publications and conference papers).    Any thoughts? 

First: thanks for the intel! Im scraping the bottom of the barrel on information. 

Second: im not sure how their original offers are calculated but if its not enough id say explain the situation to them and ask for more when you get it. 

5 hours ago, Johnny.S said:

--

@Johnny.S The Financial Aid dept. at HDS will work with the student provided they submit updated info after admission.

As a side note, the Admissions Dir. said decisions would come out on March 15th, give or take a day.

It was mentioned in this video (fin. Aid toward the end).

I hope that's helpful :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKo181PuoPU

Edited by caffeinator

Just now, ExceedinglyCaffeinated said:

I only kinda wanna puke... Hopefully we hear back soon! 

Haha yeah, I'm sitting at work trying to be productive... it's a futile effort. 

15 minutes ago, Kld89! said:

Haha yeah, I'm sitting at work trying to be productive... it's a futile effort. 

Tell me about it! 

Has anyone called today? Wondering whether they'll say "by the end of the week" or before the end of the day :/

ITS TIME HDS FOLKS

الله اكبر ولله الحمد!!! was accepted, just have to wait for financial offers to come out. God is the greatest! Thanks be to God for making this process rewarding, and thanks be to God I have options! I sincerely hope I am worthy of all the blessings I have been given.

Hope everyone else receives such wonderful news.

Edited by ibn daoud

Wow, I'm glad that after being shunted to the MTS program after originally applying for the PHD I still got rejected. Thanks for taking a bunch of money and time Harvard :/

Wow.. I was accepted. Beyond excited! 

And sorry for those of you who didn't get in. 

BTW,  the decision letter says that "within 24 hours, I will receive an email from the Financial Aid Office regarding your financial aid package ". All I need to do is just waiting for their decision to come, right? (as my previous question about HDS' funding presents, I'm really nervous about their funding decision. So excuse me if I'm having too many worries.)