When do we hear from schools? (NY applicants)

11 minutes ago, ElKel87 said:

@zurako I forget if we talked about this already, did you interview there? I haven't heard anything either, but didn't interview. I also just checked and saw someone received a rejection from Hunter via their application portal but haven't heard anything myself. At this point I'd almost rather just get rejections instead of waitlists so I don't have to keep checking obsessively!

I interviewed with Brooklyn back in February so I'm pretty upset that I'm not hearing anything lol. I don't care what the decision is I just want to get it over with. Literally checking my email every 10 minutes right now, and it's so bad for my nerves. It seems that they typically take a long time to send out rejections though, which is honestly quite crappy for us. 

As for Hunter, I have an interview coming up so I'm not obsessing over my portal just yet... but it is gonna take so long to get decisions.

@zurako Ahh okay! I don't blame you! I didn't interview at either CUNY so I'm expecting rejections (though I think I saw some people got into Hunter last year with no interview), but I'd just like to know for sure before I mentally and monetarily commit myself to another school. :lol:

@ElKel87 In the past Brooklyn has asked people to interview in April, so I wouldn't give up completely. But I would mentally prepare yourself for your current top choice! There's still a month until the deadline for me to convince myself I want to go to NYU I guess...

@zurako Oh that's good to know! I'm pretty set on NYMC and submitted my deposit just in case so we'll see. I'm sure NYU is a great program if that's where you wind up deciding to go!

17 minutes ago, slpgirl898 said:

Does anyone know when we should be notified from St Johns University and Hofstra University. I haven't heard back from any of these schools yet. 

I heard from Hofstra yesterday, so you should probably hear from them soon! 

Did anyone get rejected/ wait-listed by Hofstra? 
It seems like a lot of acceptances were sent out the other day but I still haven't heard anything so I'm expecting a rejection .. 

Edited by slpgrad620

2 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Does anyone know when we should be notified from St Johns University and Hofstra University. I haven't heard back from any of these schools yet. 

Hi! I was accepted to St Johns 2 weeks ago and Hofstra on Tuesday so I'm sure you will hear back very soon!

1 hour ago, slpgrad620 said:

Did anyone get rejected/ wait-listed by Hofstra? 
It seems like a lot of acceptances were sent out the other day but I still haven't heard anything so I'm expecting a rejection .. 

I'm waiting for Hofstra as well, so far all I see are acceptances so hopefully they are still sending out acceptances and not rejections and waitlists! 

9 minutes ago, slpgirl898 said:

I'm waiting for Hofstra as well, so far all I see are acceptances so hopefully they are still sending out acceptances and not rejections and waitlists! 

Oh okay, good to hear that I'm not the only one.. hope we get in :) 

Are Graduate Admissions reps not allowed to disclose your decision over the phone? I called Adelphi and was told that my letter was dated 3/20 and she couldn't tell me the decision. I haven't received the letter yet and now I'm going crazy trying to analyze the tone of her voice for some clues :unsure:

1 hour ago, mws5997 said:

If I havn't gotten a call from Queens College for an interview should I assume i'm rejected? 

I'm not sure but tomorrow is the last day for Friday interviews and there may still be next week since they said they were going to interview all month before they start getting back to people starting possibly April 1st. 

On 3/20/2017 at 1:57 PM, zurako said:

@ElKel87 In the past Brooklyn has asked people to interview in April, so I wouldn't give up completely. But I would mentally prepare yourself for your current top choice! There's still a month until the deadline for me to convince myself I want to go to NYU I guess...

Well speaking for my friends on the NYU waitlist please don't force to convince yourself. There's a lot of us just hoping to get off this list. Good luck in your decision!

3 minutes ago, Alyspeechie said:

Well speaking for my friends on the NYU waitlist please don't force to convince yourself. There's a lot of us just hoping to get off this list. Good luck in your decision!

I was fortunate enough to be accepted into programs that I liked more later on, so I will be declining. Wishing you and your friends luck!

I've been rejected from: Radford, Dusqusne, Appalachian, Long Island Uni Post. I'm still currently waiting for NYM and Western (on the waiting list). I'm in the process of finishing up my application to South Carolina State University. 

You guys, I'm feeling so nervous and anxious. ?

Has anyone called or emailed a program if the haven't heard back yet? I am debating on emailing Hofstra and St. Johns since I haven't heard back yet, and I am seeing that people are getting accepted but no waitlists or rejects were put up, and seeing that April is approaching soon... 

3 hours ago, slpgirl898 said:

Has anyone called or emailed a program if the haven't heard back yet? I am debating on emailing Hofstra and St. Johns since I haven't heard back yet, and I am seeing that people are getting accepted but no waitlists or rejects were put up, and seeing that April is approaching soon... 

I have wanted to but I've been kind of apprehensive about it. I wanted to do that with LIU Post since I had an interview there about 4 wks ago and still have not heard back. They said I should get a response in 2 wks after the interview so I don't know what to think seeing that so much time has passed (and I already emailed my interviewer a week ago so I don't want to annoy her). I'm still waiting on Hofstra's decision. ? 

On 3/23/2017 at 3:36 PM, slpgirl898 said:

I'm waiting on Hofstra as well! I saw on the results page that on March 15th, someone said:

"To the Hofstra poster below, I emailed them today and they said they expect to notify all applicants within the next two weeks!"

- So I'm assuming we should most likely hear from them this coming week. Praying for positive newsss! 

25 minutes ago, SpeechLaedy said:

I have wanted to but I've been kind of apprehensive about it. I wanted to do that with LIU Post since I had an interview there about 4 wks ago and still have not heard back. They said I should get a response in 2 wks after the interview so I don't know what to think seeing that so much time has passed (and I already emailed my interviewer a week ago so I don't want to annoy her). I'm still waiting on Hofstra's decision. ? 

I interviewed with Post 2/14 and still haven't heard anything...I emailed admissions, and they just sent me back a very general email saying they are still reviewing applications.

14 minutes ago, speechie95 said:

I interviewed with Post 2/14 and still haven't heard anything...I emailed admissions, and they just sent me back a very general email saying they are still reviewing applications.

Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know! It sucks having to wait so long, especially since there are people on the results page who interviewed in March and were already accepted :( 

@zurako Congrats on the Hunter acceptance! I remember them saying at the open house that there was 1 summer class (I think it was foundations of education?). Did they mention anything about that in your acceptance, what dates the course would be held, etc.? Just curious because I assume they would have to let anyone on the waitlist know before that start date if they were in or not.

2 hours ago, ElKel87 said:

@zurako Congrats on the Hunter acceptance! I remember them saying at the open house that there was 1 summer class (I think it was foundations of education?). Did they mention anything about that in your acceptance, what dates the course would be held, etc.? Just curious because I assume they would have to let anyone on the waitlist know before that start date if they were in or not.

Thank you! I asked the current grad students about it at the interview, and they don't know much about it because they didn't take it in the summer. Apparently they took it online and the program is restructuring it and moving it to the summer (they don't know if it will be online for new students). I think typically Hunter summer classes start in June, but I didn't get any word from the actual program. In fact, my portal hasn't even changed status yet even though I was informed of my acceptance on Wednesday.