2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

11 hours ago, siliconchins said:

To those waiting to hear back from Boston College Bio, I just received the official notification through snail mail!

Congrats!!  I didn't know programs still used snail mail!

@catsareme Congrats on your WashU acceptance!

Edited by StemCellFan

Congrats to those accepted to WashU and MIT!

University of Memphis (MSc Bioinformatics) Plus Separate (PhD Biology)

Loyola University Chicago (Msc Bioinformatics)

Virginia Commonwealth University (MSc Bioinformatics)

Indiana University Purdue University (MSc Bioinformatics)

Who has  heard from any of the above schools and program?

I'm interviewing at NYU Sackler in a couple weeks and wondered from those who have already interviewed, when did you get your schedule? The only thing I've heard from them is the time of my flight and I was just wondering what to expect for the actual interview, schedule, dress code, etc.

10 hours ago, ks414 said:

I'm interviewing at NYU Sackler in a couple weeks and wondered from those who have already interviewed, when did you get your schedule? The only thing I've heard from them is the time of my flight and I was just wondering what to expect for the actual interview, schedule, dress code, etc.

I'm also curious to know how the Sackler interview went. What was the atmosphere? Do people wear suits or is sports jacket/slacks ok?

1 hour ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

I'm also curious to know how the Sackler interview went. What was the atmosphere? Do people wear suits or is sports jacket/slacks ok?

12 hours ago, ks414 said:

I wore a blazer with pants and seemed to fit in okay. Majority of the other students wore blazers and something a bit more on the formal side. 

The interviews were great. Prof's were not there to grill you. The atmosphere was really nice. Had a few mixers and time to talk with faculty and current students.

12 minutes ago, dude3d30 said:

I wore a blazer with pants and seemed to fit in okay. Majority of the other students wore blazers and something a bit more on the formal side. 

The interviews were great. Prof's were not there to grill you. The atmosphere was really nice. Had a few mixers and time to talk with faculty and current students.

Do you know what the acceptance rate is post interview? like how many applied, how many are interviewed, how many are offered interviews and how many ultimately matriculate? I know some schools post this information but I couldn't find one for NYU.

Edited by strugglebus2k17

5 minutes ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

Do you know what the acceptance rate is post interview? like how many applied, how many are interviewed, how many are offered interviews and how many ultimately matriculate? I know some schools post this information but I couldn't find one for MDA.

For NYU Sackler? No. They didn't give that information out. 

I know around 20+ people are invited for interview each round. 

On 2/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, ChallengerSwimmer23 said:

Officially committed to University of Notre Dame Biology Ph.D. Program this fall! Looking forward to opening a new chapter in my life! Good luck everyone on your interviews around the country! Go Irish!

Congrats and welcome to ND! I believe we chatted at the dinner Saturday night, fellow Texan.

On 2/5/2018 at 11:43 AM, siliconchins said:

I met someone this past weekend who heard back from Scripps and will be interviewing at the end of the month. 

I just looked online, and the interview dates for script are (for La Jolla campus) Feb 22-25th and Mar 1-4th. So I'm assuming if I haven't  heard anything from them at this point, I'm taking that as a rejection

On 1/17/2018 at 11:02 AM, LiaLuver said:

I’m a domestic student and applied to UMiami for Biochem and Molecular Bio and UMBC BioSciences and haven’t heard anything back yet. 

Hi - have you heard from UMiami? They notified that they extended their deadline for document submission until 1/31. I followed up again a week ago for an update - but still nothing. Just curious to know whats going on. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, ElleEmme said:

Hi - have you heard from UMiami? They notified that they extended their deadline for document submission until 1/31. I followed up again a week ago for an update - but still nothing. Just curious to know whats going on. Thanks! 

Nope, still no word from them.  Since I submitted my application, I've heard nothing from them. 

2 hours ago, LiaLuver said:

Nope, still no word from them.  Since I submitted my application, I've heard nothing from them. 

we are in the same boat :/ 

It is a bit nerve wrecking since I have heard from all other programs, but fingers crossed they might be going at their own pace. If I get any word, I will keep you posted. 

An acceptance and a rejection on the same day (last Friday) :P My school email system literally decided that the rejection letter from Columbia was junk so I had to fish it out of the bin. But I feel good enough about my interview experience and subsequent acceptance at DGP and kinda expected a rejection from Columbia (since I hadn't heard from them) so that doesn't hurt at all ;P