Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

It is the default.  When I have posted it was because it decided to autocorrect Statistics to A.M. Statistics.  I would assume that it is not meaningful.  The first few times I couldn’t figure out how to override it but you let it correct and then remove the A. M and it works. 

3 hours ago, bayessays said:

Are other people still waiting on U Chicago PhD decisions? I think it's interesting that they've sent out both acceptances and rejections but others are still waiting to hear. 

https://galton.uchicago.edu/admissions/faqs.shtml#AfterApplying-DecisionTimeframe

It seems to depend on where you're from, and your interests, according to the department.

5 hours ago, bayessays said:

Are other people still waiting on U Chicago PhD decisions? I think it's interesting that they've sent out both acceptances and rejections but others are still waiting to hear. 

Still waiting, I just can't figure out the reason...Is that so difficult to release a result? Even a reject is good for us to look for an alternative choice.

8 minutes ago, kelsia said:

Did anyone hear back from M.S. in Biostats at Michigan? Still waiting for their final update after their phone call from last Saturday... they gave me hope lolol.

Still waiting too. I never had a phone call or anything; I applied right to the MS.

Michigan please...

16 minutes ago, Catsharknado said:

Still waiting too. I never had a phone call or anything; I applied right to the MS.

Michigan please...

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF US !! Hahah! Let me know how it goes!! :)

17 minutes ago, Catsharknado said:

Michigan please...

I was a Fulbright Canada fellow at Michigan last semester and fell in love with Ann Arbor. I just haven't had enough hahaha.

Plus both of its biostats and stats program are outstanding! But now that I got into Yale...I guess I am dragged away to Yale ...

I don't think Michigan MS results would be coming out this week now--seeing that they are still conducting interviews for PhD students. I would say that the earliest we see results would be around 15th Feb...

Edited by Cal1gula

46 minutes ago, ileeminati said:

Does anyone know how many are accepted/waitlisted to CMU Stats PhD? I got on the waitlist, but I don't know how much hope should I have :(.

Did the email you received contain any descriptive words that hinted at the size of the waitlist? Or did it just say that you are on the waitlist?

51 minutes ago, ileeminati said:

Does anyone know how many are accepted/waitlisted to CMU Stats PhD? I got on the waitlist, but I don't know how much hope should I have :(.

No idea on specifics but since a lot of people have multiple offers people do get off waitlist frequently in general.  So it depends on where you are on the list and if those accepted are going to decline. Making CMU's waitlist is a great achievement so you should get in somewhere.  

27 minutes ago, ileeminati said:

I do have an offer from UChicago. But besides this, I haven't heard back from any school.

Just goes to show that people are right when they say that your application isn't objectively the same at every school, since I was rejected from Chicago but admitted to CMU and you've had almost (waitlist) the opposite experience.