Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

42 minutes ago, speowi said:

I'm surprised that so few results have been released today. Seems unusually quiet.

I was expecting way more activity this week.  Not just with my applications but in general. Maybe next week will be more active. 

3 minutes ago, Woolworth said:

Where is everyone still waiting to hear from? Maybe some of us have some inference to share.

I'm waiting to hear from Cornell (PhD) and UNC (PhD).

Still waiting on six programs (Baylor, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Columbia, Florida State, Duke).  

34 minutes ago, biostat314 said:

I'm waiting on Harvard biostatistics PhD. I thought the positive results would have come out today based on last year, but there don't seem to be any decisions from the university today in any field. 

Did you interview with them?

3 hours ago, Bayesian1701 said:

I was expecting way more activity this week.  Not just with my applications but in general. Maybe next week will be more active. 

Still waiting on six programs (Baylor, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Columbia, Florida State, Duke).  

Yeah this week is kind of quiet compared to last year. I haven't heard back anything, was expecting at least one this week. I guess more week will have more results.

8 hours ago, jensenabyss said:

Hi, I noticed that you are accepted by UT Houston in your profile. Is it the biostatistics in GSBS program? I applied to this but receive no reply so far.

I applied to both GSBS and SPH. Get accepted by SPH and haven't heard back from GSBS. As far as I know, the GSBS Biostatistics program is pretty small. There are several posts in 1point3acres talk about GSBS programs. The link is http://www.1point3acres.com/bbs/thread-41710-1-1.html.

8 hours ago, Laoceberg said:

I applied to both GSBS and SPH. Get accepted by SPH and haven't heard back from GSBS. As far as I know, the GSBS Biostatistics program is pretty small. There are several posts in 1point3acres talk about GSBS programs. The link is http://www.1point3acres.com/bbs/thread-41710-1-1.html.

Yes. There is little admission information about this program on 1point3cares. I submitted my application very early but it seems to be under review forever.

Anyone applied for SMU? I saw that someone has received an offer on statistics program after interview this week. I don't know whether there will be an interview for biostatistics since a video essay was asked to be submitted early before the application deadline.

9 hours ago, TWHuang said:

It seems that CMU has sent out its decision but I receive nothing. Maybe it's a silent rejection :(

Same here, I guess it's time to move on to another school

2 hours ago, phdhopeful1995 said:

How likely is it to get admitted to a program if one of the professors in the program write me a very strong recommendation letter and I don't have any red flag except that my verbal score is 152 (I am an international student)?

You'll be fine I'm sure! Low GRE Verbal doesn't carry much weight.