MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

14 minutes ago, milkman said:

Hunter: My application still says "submitted" did it change for the ones that got an interview? or rejected? :(

I received an interview for hunter directly in email, while my application status still says “submitted” unlike other schools that told me to check my application and they status changed

Hey there. This forum has given me so much so I wanted to give back. I contacted U Mich for an update and received a very nice email back from graduate admissions. They have already reached out to top candidates for interviews but said I was 'reserved for a potential interview.' Crossing my fingers that I get an interview! If anyone here was selected as a top candidate, congrats and good luck!

15 hours ago, charoarte said:

Who knows what percentage of interviewers get in ? How many painters are in each upcoming semester ? For hunter that is...  it’s my dream school I can’t pass this opportunity #freakingouttillmarch10

I also would like to know rough averages of those who interview vs those who get into their programs

On 2/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, Makerak said:

Damn I just got off an interview with RISD.  I totally feel you now. So nervous, felt i did pretty shit. Their interview was only 10 minutes long so I felt super rushed :( and probably came off cold and antagnostic

Afterwards, I thought of many ways to answer better for pretty much all of the questions. Fkkkkkkkk me :( 

I feel your pain. Felt good after interview for about 2 min then started second guessing everything. I didn’t say one intelligent thing.

I am trilled for all of you who have received an interview and those who are accepted. Hugs to you who have been rejected. Let's hope that the next one is an acceptance. They really should not call it rejection since the changes are pretty low do to so many applicants. Has anyone looked into universities you have not applied to and are still accepting applications? What ever you do do not give up!

Edited by IrisR

3 minutes ago, IrisR said:

I am trilled for all of you who have received an interview and those who are accepted. Hugs to you who are rejected. Let's hope that the next one is an acceptance. Has anyone looked into universities you have not applied to and are still accepting applications? 

I couldn’t find any Universities that we’re accepting applications still, but I didn’t look too long. I’ve refocused to residencies, which some of them are really tempting if I don’t happen to get accepted to an MFA program. I like the West Palm Beach FL & Lawrence Kansas Residencies available if that’s something you’re looking for :) -hope that helps 

13 minutes ago, IrisR said:

I am trilled for all of you who have received an interview and those who are accepted. Hugs to you who have been rejected. Let's hope that the next one is an acceptance. They really should not call it rejection since the changes are pretty low do to so many applicants. Has anyone looked into universities you have not applied to and are still accepting applications? What ever you do do not give up!

Nope, If i dont make it into my dream school I will just continue to do my art on the side. Only reason I would go back to school is if this particular school will take me.

38 minutes ago, ILIKEART said:

I feel your pain. Felt good after interview for about 2 min then started second guessing everything. I didn’t say one intelligent thing.

I have 2 of these 10 minute interviews to prepare for....10 minutes to sum up your existence(it feels like), just not fair------CAN YOU BE A SAINT AND UNVEIL THEIR QUESTIONS? <3 

Okay so glad I found this forum because I've applied for Fall 2018 and am currently freaking out, so reading these has made me feel better. :P I graduated from Kansas State in 2017 with a BFA in Painting and Drawing, but currently live in the DC area so I've only applied to programs around here.

MICA (Studio Art Low Res) - Interview 2/24

VCU - Haven't heard

GMU - Haven't heard

GWU - Haven't heard

American - Haven't heard

(second year applying, last year was rejected from 5 programs) Thought I would share some updates, I applied for ceramics MFAs:

• USF-accepted 
  • CU Boulder- accepted 
  • Alfred- accepted 
  • GSU- anticipated rejection (interview requests are out there)
  • UNL-rejection
  • LSU-awaiting response
  • UARK-awaiting response
  • Tulane-awaiting response
  • OU-awaiting response
  • U of IA- awaiting response

On 2/13/2018 at 12:22 PM, calgone22 said:

Hi all,

Longtime listener, first time caller. First time applying to MFA programs. Thus far:

Slade - rejected

CMU - interviewed 2/3. Totally bombed. Would be surprised if I’m selected. 

MICA Mt. Royal - interviewing 2/21

MICA Photo and Electronic - waiting to hear

UCLA New Genres - waiting to hear 

WHERE. THE. EFF. is UCLA?

What concentration are you applying to? Good luck!

1 hour ago, jschut said:

(second year applying, last year was rejected from 5 programs) Thought I would share some updates, I applied for ceramics MFAs:

• USF-accepted 
  • CU Boulder- accepted 
  • Alfred- accepted 
  • GSU- anticipated rejection (interview requests are out there)
  • UNL-rejection
  • LSU-awaiting response
  • UARK-awaiting response
  • Tulane-awaiting response
  • OU-awaiting response
  • U of IA- awaiting response

When did you hear from CU Boulder? And by email?